No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I miss VM so much! Even when it was flawed, it was still better than 90% of all TV. I am bookmarking that S4 pilot to watch later. I can't believe I've never sought that out before.

Comment

• Sadly it's not the whole pilot. Just enough of a taste to show how STUPID they were for not picking it up.

Comment

• Yeah, VM was one of the best shows ever. During a family dinner two months ago, all of my siblings were talking about how awesome it is. Because they JUST saw it on Netflix. Its sad, because it could have gone on for years with the audience it has now through Netflix. Or did before they took it off streaming. Same for Firefly.
        Last edited by jennchum; 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• You brought back all my LoVe feels! That was the worst ever. No closure!

That pilot? Is Seth supposed to be the new Logan?
          sigpic

Comment

• A VMars reunion! Sort of.

KBell tweeted these pics after running into both Rico and Deputy Leo at a hockey game:
            http://www.whosay.com/kristenbell/photos/297866
            http://www.whosay.com/kristenbell/photos/297854

That's cute and brings the feels.

Comment

• AWWWW.

Where are you JDoh? Do they have you holed up somewhere in the celebrity center!?
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• OH REALLY????

Kristen Bell ‏@IMKristenBell
                [email protected] and I had an chat with @ew that may interest you...tune in tomorrow...xoxo
                Of course, any time she opens her mouth, all I hear is 'VERONICA MARS: THE MOVIE'.

Comment

• That's ALL I hear too! Don't tease me with that!

Does she often do that xoxo thing? Because that's her line from Gossip Girl. It makes me think its something GG related, but I don't know why Rob Thomas would be involved.

Comment

• The plot! She thickens!

http://www.filmthrasher.com/2013/02/...-bell-and.html

INTERESTING.

Kristen Bell ‏@IMKristenBell
                    Haha"@RobThomas: I was so hammered, cant remember what I told @EW reporter. Entirely possible I promised full-frontal.So, yeah,I'll tune in"
                    Also, this was funny (from Dick Casablancas):
                    Ryan Hansen ‏@HiRyanHansen
                    Hey @IMKristenBell can you please poop out that baby already! Love Dick.
                    The rumor is that EW is going to do a VMARS reunion issue, which makes sense.

ETA These are terrifying: https://twitter.com/ninnetimes/statu...672128/photo/1
                    Last edited by ophy; 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!

I actually watched the first episode of VM I have watched in years (I was holding a grudge about that finale) over the weekend. It was the one where Veronica finds out that Mac and Madison were switched at birth. I got misty eyed over Mac and her birth mom gazing longingly at each other through the car window and matching their hands up to the glass.

ETA: Those busts are creepy.

Comment

• I can't tell you the excitement i feel right now. I know probably nothing will come of it, but OMFG!

My inner VM fan girl is itching to be unleashed.

Comment

• I feel faint. Like no lie, I feel like I might just pass out.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/13/ve...l-kickstarter/

HOLY FUCK THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE.

ETA Forgot to C&P!

In the spring of next year, the Veronica Mars faithful could be watching their beloved heroine (plus her pals Wallace and Mac, bad-boy ex Logan, proud P.I. pops Keith, and more) on the big screen — as long as they kick in a few bucks right now to get things started. Today, Thomas and Bell are launching a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a low-budget Mars movie that would be shot this summer. The goal: $2 million in 30 days.

If they reach it, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution has agreed to put the movie into production and pick up the tab for marketing, promotion, and distribution. (The film would be released in the first quarter of 2014 for a limited-time theatrical run, before moving to VOD, iTunes, and other digital platforms.) If they don’t reach the goal: No movie.

Thomas tells EW in an exclusive joint interview with Bell that the Kickstarter strategy represents the only way a Veronica Mars movie was ever going to get made: Warner Bros. had previously determined that a film with a bigger budget and a conventional marketing plan was too expensive and not viable for the studio. Thomas and Bell are confident that fans of the show will rally to the cause — especially since they’re offering an array of rewards packages for pledges as low as $10 (updates during production and a copy of the script on the day of release) and as high as $10,000 (a part in the movie).
                          Fun Fact! That puppet-show theater was built by Bell’s fiancť, actor Dax Shephard.
                          Another Fun Fact? That video was actually shot in February of last year. Yep: The plan to revive Veronica Mars has been in the works for quite awhile, and you can get all the details from Bell and Thomas about how their plan came together in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on newsstands and tablets this Thursday. You’ll also get some scoop on the plot of the movie, which involves mystery, murder, and yes, a high school reunion.
                          This is the kickstarter page! The money is already coming in! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

Take on a second job! Rob an old lady! Commit mail fraud! DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO.

ETA2 THIS:
                          Q: What if the movie doesn't end in the way I've believed it should end for the past six years.

A: Eek.

Q: Veronica better end up with Logan, Rob. She just better.

A: That's not a question.

Q: We're just saying...

A: I hear you. Remember it's noir. There aren't a lot of happy endings.

Q: Noir, my ass. We've waited a long time for this.

A: (Busily reworking super-grim ending.)
                          squee!!
                          Last edited by ophy; 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Is this for real!!!!!!????
                            Last edited by dada_teacher; 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Because no other gif will do this news justice:

Comment

• I'm trying so hard not to scream OUT LOUD in my office. OMG OMG OMG.

What do I have to do? Empty my bank account? Move across country to be a grip or something? TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
                                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X