Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, DUDE. You are *so* right.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/uti...93031&x=22&y=7

'Buffy' Star Shines on 'Veronica Mars'
      By Kate O'Hare

On Feb. 22, former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Alyson Hannigan leaves demon-infested Sunnydale behind for the mystery-filled seaside town of Neptune, when she makes a guest appearance on the UPN Tuesday-night cult hit "Veronica Mars." She's currently scheduled for one episode, with a possibility of the role becoming recurring.
      Hannigan plays Trina Echolls, the struggling-actress daughter of town resident and movie star Aaron Echolls (Harry Hamlin), and stepdaughter of his wife, Lynn (Lisa Rinna, Hamlin's real-life spouse). This makes Trina the half-sister of Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring), the high-school foe of teen sleuth Veronica (Kristen Bell).

In "Russkie Business," Trina, who was a no-show at the memorial service for Lynn (who apparently committed suicide by jumping off a bridge) suddenly appears, raising new questions about what exactly happened to her stepmother.

"It's a pretty dramatic episode," Dohring says. "A lot of heavy stuff happens."

On "Buffy," Hannigan's character, Willow Rosenberg, went from gawky computer nerd to powerful lesbian witch, and that versatility serves her well on "Veronica Mars."

"Originally," Dohring says, "they didn't have her being snippy, but it's cool for Alyson to have a bit of an edge. It's a good match for me, because I'm snippy on the show. She inherited half of it, I caught the whole thing."

The appearance of Trina is part of a larger story in which Logan questions his mother's fate.

"He's trying to find his mom," Dohring says. "We don't know what happened. In future episodes, he may enlist Veronica's help."
      OMG. He enlists Veronica's help! *squee* Logan is the h0tn3ss!!
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Dude, people on LiveJournal have been getting pissed off if they hear that there IS a casting spoiler.

I will totally admit that I thought Busy or MW would be better on the show. I have no shame in that.

Just. Dude. I suffered through Buffy s7. I thought I was DONE with the AH style of overacting.

I am so glad that the words "guest star" and "possibly recurring" were used. Because I had heard "cast".

And I wept.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait. You people watch a show that features Harry Hamlin AND Lisa Rinna? Oh my Beek.

Comment

You would love it! They play the spectacularly creepy and disturbing parents of Logan Echolls! And Lisa disappeared at the end of the last new episode.

Harry Hamlin plays a Movie Stah and Lisa is his plastic wife that he compulsively cheats on! It's delish! He was knifed at their X-mas party and she pops pills like a character from Valley of the Dolls. It's THAT good. Their son, the utterly dysfunctional hotness, Logan goes out of his way to create trouble for them by staging a Fight Club for the homeless, crossing the border to T.J. (hee!), drinking too much, etc.

Comment

Lynn (who apparently committed suicide by jumping off a bridge)
              I feel like I need to go for the low-hanging fruit and make the joke about how her lips should provide an effective flotation device, and thus Logan should be suspicious of her death.

Comment

A spoiler-light that talks about the conclusion of the story arc without really giving much away:

UPN isn't ready to say whether critically acclaimed drama Veronica Mars will be renewed for a second season.

But one thing is certain: the network promises that the show's lead character will solve the ongoing mystery surrounding the murder of her best friend, Lilly Kane, before the end of the season.

UPN Entertainment President Dawn Ostroff says she's one of a small handful of people who know who done it. "It'll keep everybody guessing. I don't think you'll be disappointed," she said at a Wednesday press conference. "Our staff has actually been taking bets on who killed Lilly."
                Critical plaudits haven't translated into strong ratings for the show.

And things will only get tougher for Veronica now that it will be competing head to head with Fox's American Idol, which debuted this week.

Tuesday's Veronica episode, a repeat, was the lowest rated show of the evening on all six networks. It was up against American Idol, which pulled in the highest ratings of any show this season. As far as the show's future is concerned, UPN's silence doesn't necessarily mean that Veronica won't be back in the fall.

UPN generally doesn't announce renewals until later in the year. The exceptions are generally hit shows, like America's Next Top Model, which UPN on Tuesday said will be back next season for its fifth and sixth cycles.

Comment

Um, Neptunesite.com has spoilers and I was skimming them and then I looked at some photos (because I am very good employee who does not waste her employer's time) and (minor)there is going to be a themed dance in an upcoming episode and I like this picture WAY too much. MEOW. It appears Logan wears that for a good portion of the episode.

Oh, and I used to dress WAY too much like Veronica is dressed in that picture. Only *slightly* less slutty.
                  Last edited by isadora; 02-01-2005, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I'm quickly devolving into shipper nonsense on this show and it's making me angray! I don't want to be all *squeee* when Logan approached Veronica! But I AM. DAMMIT. I want to be all: Oh, neat! Girl detective wins again! But the Logan hotness spiked with angry, wounded puppy hurts me people! I like it. Too much.

Did Harry Hamlin have a ton of plastic surgery, too? The longer I look at him, the more like a mosaic he starts to look. Strange.

It amuses me that Anthony Anderson is somehow a guest star worthy of note. How sad is that? Who even knows who he is? He's the guy that starred in that movie with a talking kangaroo and he swiped an ATM machine in Barber Shop. Hee. Big names for UPN, I guess.

Overall I thought this episode was dull but that it fit very neatly into the VM backstory and overall story arc. What a cleverly put together little show!

Comment

Do people actually watch VMars for the A plot? I thought everyone watched for the B and C plots.

The extent of the fan love for Logan makes me not like him OR Logan and Veronica. This is bad, because outside of the fandom, I adore Logan! And Logan/Veronica! And Logan/Veronica/Weevil!

Also... dude. Lilly. I love her more than is possibly healthy. Can I have one?

Comment

I'm not at all involved in fandom, so my Logan + Veronica 4evah ship is happily sailing onward. It's weird, though, because I think I could also like Duncan and Veronica if they went that route instead.

I was surprised to see Anthony Anderson because I thought he was in jail for trying to rape some woman in his trailer. Did he get the R Kelly Get Out of Jail Free Pass? And I'm also verray amused that they totally stole Sug Knight's rap sheet and made it into AA's character. Sug Knight's gonna kill someone over that, yo.

Comment

The charges were dropped a couple of weeks back. But something crime-related happened with Mr. Knight recently. *thinks* He is apparently out of jail but not out of trouble. Shocking, I know. But I can't remember the exact details.

Comment

I watched with a friend, and we were too amused at all of the rap references. AA as Suge Knight! The lawyer man is 2Pac! Dime Bag is 50 Cent and Vanilla Ice. And the end with the brother saying the father can't call him soft now was totally like the end of Juice! I expected AA to say, "You got the juice now."

this show

I'm not a Logan/Veronica shipper at all. I'm totally behind Duncan/Veronica or Weevil/Veronica. Hee.

Comment

In real life, all of the characters would too fucked in the head at this point to be ready for a relationship with anyone. Not for years and years.

But in fantasy life, mmmmhmmmm . . . .I'm torn between Logan and Veronica, Duncan and Veronica, or Lily and Veronica. Okay, so L+V ain't going to happen, but maybe we could have some juicy flashbacks where Lily and Veronica practice their kissing techniques on each other? Please? I mean, I gave up Peyton and Brooke for this show, so I deserve a little somethin' somethin'.

It's so weird to be watching a show where you actually *like* the main character/actress. And everyone around her, too.

Comment

Lilly is not dead.

...She's NOT.

Dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X