No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am horrible at this guesswork stuff. I'm guessing it's somebody who's a major player because otherwise that would be lame, and I've read some Rob Thomas, and he usually avoids the lame and goes for the distressing/uneasy answers.

I did quite love this, and I am so, so glad that Veronica and Papa Mars are in it to win it now. And I love his random numbers that aren't random! He so smart.

Veronica totally should have cashed that check. There's helping out a friend, and then there's being stupid. So.

Comment

• RT confirmed at TWoP that season two is a go.

Comment

• *fan girl squeee*
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Well, I am relieved and all that . . . but how, how, how are they going to top the Lily Kane mystery with something we care about as much in S2? I'm on board with the MOTW format, but it's the arc that makes this show so addictive.

Comment

• I find the A plots of VM to be a real weakness of the series, so I'm not sure how it's going to play out. I wonder if, though we will know who killed Lilly, some new facet will be invented to keep the mystery going in the background.

Comment

• [shipper]SQUEE! He thought he was saving her life! He came after her! Then they made out![/shipper]

I'm glad that the show is coming back, but I do wonder how they're going to top this season. Or even match it, for that matter. I like the A plots because it lets us check in on the bit players like Mac, Weevil, Logan, Meg and Duncan without having to care that deeply about the goings on in their everyday lives, but some of them are hokey.

I'm afraid that next season will focus more on the Mars family and that we'll have to deal with Mama Mars even more. I'm not so hot on that idea, so I do hope that they come up with something better.

I'm still not any closer to finalizing my guess on who the killer is. They're really selling the Duncan side hard, so it can't be him. Right? I do like Fox's idea that it's Lianne. Maybe that's my guess now.

Comment

• OMB. That Dohring kid KILLS me. I rewatched the make-out scene in front of Mr. Is!! It's like I have no self-respect. I got so teased for that and I didn't even care! I am such a sad little fan girl! I knew he'd show up but who knew he'd be so protective and hot and with the smackity? *faints* And then the shock/fear on his face! I can't wait for that fucked-up relationship! YESYESYES.

*sigh* And the previews! Eeeee! SO GOOD. Was that Celeste using a taser gun on Veronica? WTF? And Aly all beat-up and wearing her "crying Willow" face! Aww. She can cry like nobody's business!

But WHO killed Lilly Kane? WHO.

So, my first guess was Duncan (and since it seems pretty clear he doesn't remember a single thing about that day and his biggest fear is that he actually *did* kill her I guess that can't be right). I had a lovely and fleshed-out scenario I discussed with a coworker the other day for Weevil killing Lilly and I haven't abandoned it totally but now the previews have thrown me off.

Top Suspects:
                Duncan (or not)
                Weevil (or not)
                Lianna (I'm hoping this is true)
                Celeste (Who would care, really?)
                Daddy Mars (just to destroy the very fabric of our TV lives)

OMG! This is *so* exciting! The urge to spoil myself is so.strong. Are the spoilers out there!? Wait, don't tell me. I shall choose to believe they are not.

ETA two things:

1. Bwah, at the booting of Sydney Potier's character!
                2. Daddy Mars and Alicia! I it!
                Last edited by isadora; 04-12-2005, 11:17 PM.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• The last time I checked, they weren't out yet and Neptune said that they wouldn't post it if/when the killer's identity was released. Now, this is about 2-3 weeks ago, so someone could have leaked that info already.

*dies with NEED to know*

You know what I luv about this show? I'm so uninvolved in the fandom. I don't know any of the ship names other than LoVe and that's only because I've seen it here. I had to stop and think a second about who Dohring was before I figured out you were talking about Logan. Unlike The Creek's cast, I don't know anything about these actors and it allows me to be fully immersed in the actual story. I'm not all, "OMB, JJ totally fucked that extra after they wrapped that scene and KH's hair is too orange for this universe."

Anyway, after the smackity I totally had the same reaction that Is did. I think I said something like, "OMG, they are so messy together! I LOVE IT!" And! I was unspoiled, so I knew some smackity was coming up since that was mentioned a while ago, but I didn't know when it would be and when it happened, I FUH-reaked out.

And! Unlike The Creek, I totally don't want to read fanfic about how they secretly met up later and had sex in the hotel room! What a weird way to enjoy television.

Comment

• You know, I agree, Issie! I have only dipped my toe in the fandom universe and then pulled it right back out! I've poked around here and there for little things but I stopped a few weeks back because I didn't want to ruin it for myself. I have tried to steer clear of reasons to hate all the characters/plotholes/etc. because I just want to feel the love. And I do!

It is refreshing to just love and not hyperanalyze.

Comment

• Issie, you have just totally described my relationship with this show/fandom. And like Is, I have dipped my toes in, but pulled them RIGHT back out, because I like everybody, and I don't need any crazy shippers (LoVers I think is what they're called) ruining my new favorite show.

The difference between this show and the Creek is that up to this point, VM has really followed through on its great potential. DC had some good setups and characters that definitely did not play out to its fullest extent onscreen (which sadly, leads me to STILL read fanfiction, 2 YEARS after the show has ended and probably 6 years after I really CARED.) But with VM, I don't need to seek out that same extra stuff, because I'm fully satisfied with what I see onscreen.

Comment

• I could not love the Veronica/Wallace relationship more.

Comment

• I could not love this show more. Hee.

It's like listening to a mirror to hear you guys talk about your relationship to VM. Word, word on how refreshing this is.

I also replayed the squeee! scene (thank god mr.o was at the gym at the time- I would never have lived it down). Feeling a little shippery feeling . . . yay for shippery feelings! Yay for fucked up Logan and fucked up Veronica getting their freak on!

Comment

• Fuck me. The show was preempted by a fucking baseball game here. *cries*
                            It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

• I'm completely in Fox's corner now: I believe Lianne did it. Without a doubt! Hee. Now that I said that it will never be true!

Oh, and Fox also specced that The Wrench if the Veronica/Logan works will be that Logan had something to do with Veronica's rape. Not that he did it, but that he knows something. Fox is officially a genius. I'm thinking this is quite plausible and devastating.

And my coworker gave me a tiny spoiler that is not really a spoiler (and yet it *is* and I'm bitter that he told me) that, apparently, has nothing to do with any of The Big Mysteries but does pertain to the finale: It's a cliffhanger! I do appreciate the old-school entertainment value of a cliffhanger but I also hate them just a little bit.

Oh, and sorry, Pig! I already deleted mine. I'm ALL over those still unannounced DVDs.

Comment

• Yay! They're rerunning it on Saturday! I'm SAVED!

I haven't been a spoiler whore generally lately. I am keeping track of a lot of shows (ie I ff through Tivo-ed episodes) but there are only a small handful I really like to watch. For all of them, I kind of like not knowing and going with the flow. Strange.

Any who, though I would it if Lianne did it, I guess I can't imagine under what circumstance she would have done it... although I do believe that she saw or knows something about who did it.

I don't think her keeping quiet is just black mail though; she may be protecting someone (not just V) such that the big reveal will still devastate V and Lianne will just have to go away because Pa and V won't take her back! OK, may be that's just wishful thinking, but this show could not survive as a 3 person family. It's gotta be dad and daughter against the world!

I may change my mind when I actually see the smackity, but I'm not a full Lo-Ve shippah. I Logan the bestest, but I'm still not a Veronica fan. The actress still BUGS me.
                                It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

Working...
                                X