Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
    Totally ignoring you, now.

isadora, do we have a 'block user' feature? Ahem.

Curious to see what the confrontation coming up in 4.05 is really about, though, because it feels like one is brewing.
    Inappropriate sexual tension is my guess.

Stefan was more fun around Lexi than he is around Elena. I enjoy Stefan more around Caroline that I do around Elena. He's even better/more interesting around Bonnie. But hey, it's a personal viewpoint thing.
    You know I love him with Caroline and Lexi too - maybe not Bonnie - but my favourite Stefan scenes have all pretty much been with Elena, the end of 301, their scenes together in 314, the 2 episodes in S2 when they went to the lake house. The way you love the end of that S3 ep when Delena are whispering on her bed? I love the "You're staring." "It's romantic ... " "It's creepy." scene the same way. They have plenty of scenes together where I'm "OMG lighten the fuck up, whiners" but I think it's a complete disservice to the writing to try and claim that they are boring together, or that they don't have any fun. They've had plenty where they are happy and genuinely enjoying being together.

I'm still down with Vamplena, I just wish they would write her a little less whiplash-inducing.
    You were the most anti Vamplena on the board when it happened at the end of last season. For me it is still a mistake.
    Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I do not understand either the Delena or Stelena fans at FF, how can they not see that the show is totally going in the Delena direction? Have they never watched TV before?
      Bitter Shipper

Comment

• You were the most anti Vamplena on the board when it happened at the end of last season.
        Yep, I totally was. I wanted GhostDamon. Soooooo badly.

I honestly thought turning Elena was too predictable, and that we were going to get GhostDamon instead. Didn't happen, so I eventually made peace with it. And I don't think it's necessarily a mistake, it does make for some interesting story set ups. One of the reasons why I was so anti-Vamplena, btw, was that I thought it meant we would never get any sexy voluntary bloodsharing scenes between D and E once she went vamp, but that proved to be untrue. (still inwardly squeeing about that from 4.02 . . . and judging those of you that find blood gross on a VAMPIRE show).

Inappropriate sexual tension is my guess.
        Yeah, well. Been there, been doing that. For a loooong time now. Need to make some frickin progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by gloopdygleep View Post
          I somewhat agree with your disagreement. Stefan definitely has a "softer side" that he shows people he cares about or feels protective of, and a more snarky side he projects to people he doesn't trust or like but I think thats true of most of the characters on this show.
          It is. I was just disagreeing with that recapper's "true Stefan" bullshine.

I like both sides of him but I'm generally more entertained by his snarky self.
          Of course. Snark is more entertaining than anything.
          Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I do not understand either the Delena or Stelena fans at FF, how can they not see that the show is totally going in the Delena direction? Have they never watched TV before?
            I KNOW, RIGHT?

It is so weird. Such a strange disconnect. I honestly think that, for a lot of them, maybe this really *is* their first big fandom and/or tv triangle experience? It's crazy to think that TVD is not going to go the full D/E route (eventually). The breadcrumbs have been mitherfucking HUGE.

Comment

I honestly thought turning Elena was too predictable, and that we were going to get GhostDamon instead. Didn't happen, so I eventually made peace with it. And I don't think it's necessarily a mistake, it does make for some interesting story set ups. One of the reasons why I was so anti-Vamplena, btw, was that I thought it meant we would never get any sexy voluntary bloodsharing scenes between D and E once she went vamp, but that proved to be untrue. (still inwardly squeeing about that from 4.02 . . . and judging those of you that find blood gross on a VAMPIRE show).
              I still say that scene was more gross because Elena didn't really understand what she was doing, than for the yucky blood stuff. (And she nomnommed Matt in almost exactly the same way in episode 3.)

What would ghostDamon have meant? I never got that.
              Bitter Shipper

Comment

• What would ghostDamon have meant? I never got that.
                I honestly and truly thought they were setting us up to have Elena chose Damon in 3.21, and then have Alaric or Klaus kill Damon in 3.22. So S4 would have been about GhostDamon haunting Stefan and Elena and co, with only Jeremy able to see and communicate with him. With the larger half season arc being about trying to bring Damon back from the Other Side with witch stuff.

When it didn't happen on the show, I wrote a fic about it. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8233556/...f-a-wicked-man

Just sayin'!

Much less pelvic action and O face when she nommed Matt. I noticed in particular.

Comment

I KNOW, RIGHT?

It is so weird. Such a strange disconnect. I honestly think that, for a lot of them, maybe this really *is* their first big fandom and/or tv triangle experience? It's crazy to think that TVD is not going to go the full D/E route (eventually). The breadcrumbs have been mitherfucking HUGE.
                  Maybe they are all baby fandomites, I can't think of another explanation. I mean, I *hope* that maybe they'll do D/E in a way that doesn't completely discount S/E having a shot again (it's only fair, they've written S/E in a way that has never shut the door on D/E) but I know it's coming.

Even the people who hate both sides of the triangle seem to think Julie Plec is just an evil witch who is stringing the Damon fans along. So many vows to stop watching. Online shipping doesn't seem to have any effect on ratings. Delena fans are by far the loudest, yet DEnver was one of the lowest rated episodes of the whole run.
                  Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Yeah, I will never get the Julie hate, but it's par for the course with show runners nowadays. People are dumb, and don't get how shows work, apparently. It's not like she's Gossip Girling anyone, the way Josh Schwartz is.

I mean, I *hope* that maybe they'll do D/E in a way that doesn't completely discount S/E having a shot again
                    Pretty confident they will.

You know, I was just thinking about Steferine (because I'm pretty much always thinking about Steferine, even though nobody else is- except maybe Paul), and having Katherine take the cure and end up human instead of Elena could be so freaking interesting! Stefan could then be focused on keeping Klaus from using *Katherine's* blood to make hybrids, and a human Katherine could definitely find her way into Stefan's heart again. *sigh*

Comment

You know, I was just thinking about Steferine (because I'm pretty much always thinking about Steferine, even though nobody else is- except maybe Paul), and having Katherine take the cure and end up human instead of Elena could be so freaking interesting! Stefan could then be focused on keeping Klaus from using *Katherine's* blood to make hybrids, and a human Katherine could definitely find her way into Stefan's heart again. *sigh*
                      I thought neither Paul nor Ian liked a Katherine ending for their character?
                      I honestly and truly thought they were setting us up to have Elena chose Damon in 3.21, and then have Alaric or Klaus kill Damon in 3.22. So S4 would have been about GhostDamon haunting Stefan and Elena and co, with only Jeremy able to see and communicate with him. With the larger half season arc being about trying to bring Damon back from the Other Side with witch stuff.
                      That does sound better. Except for the Elena choosing Damon part.
                      Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Except for the Elena choosing Damon part.
                        That was what made it extra tragic! He finally got everything he ever wanted, and then died the very next day. Also, it made things super awkward between Elena and Stefan after Damon's death.

I thought neither Paul nor Ian liked a Katherine ending for their character?
                        Paul has been wildly inconsistent in this area. He's on record saying that he prefers doing scenes with Katherine rather than Elena, and that he finds them more fun to do, but he has also said he would personally choose Elena over Katherine. And at some private breakfast event, he told the folks there that he wanted Stefan with Katherine, but it wasn't recorded, so I don't know the context. I don't think Paul actually cares very much one way or the other, tbh. He just likes to troll on occasion.

Ian has most often said he would choose Elena over Katherine, but he has also said a zillion times that Elena should find somebody human and her own age, and that it's creepy for these century old bros to be fighting over a high school girl, and that neither one is good for her.

Doesn't matter what any of the cast say, I will carry the torch for Steferine until the end, beekdamnit.

Comment

• That was what made it extra tragic! He finally got everything he ever wanted, and then died the very next day. Also, it made things super awkward between Elena and Stefan after Damon's death.
                          *sigh*. You're going to make me cry. That's the story you wrote a storm just for me. Also I miss Grace.

Comment

• Aw, that's right! I made it all stormy for you when Ric tore out Damon's heart and tossed it in Elena's lap. Good times.

I miss Grace, too . . . but honestly, I miss my Tatia the most. My pretty girl!

Comment

• So there are no real spoilers out yet today, but I have random things from tumblr instead:

DG making hand gestures that almost make me want to watch his hospital show: http://oh-my-salvatore.tumblr.com/post/34951610857

Elena whiplash gifset: http://oh-my-salvatore.tumblr.com/post/34936150506

Paul making ovaries explode by holding a baby. A baby with bitchface: http://oh-my-salvatore.tumblr.com/post/34947913930
                              Better get on with making Wesley babiez, Torrey.

And just because . . . a Steferine gif bonanza:
                              http://heystefan.tumblr.com/post/346...day-2-favorite
                              http://damonngilbert.tumblr.com/post/34911530343
                              http://paulwesgasms.tumblr.com/post/...day-2-favorite
                              http://therippah.tumblr.com/post/345...y-two-favorite

ALL THE FEELS. I don't why Steferine makes me FEEL so damn much.

And someone did a comparison of the "Too Close" song that played during the S/E scene from 4.03 to the 'So Close' song from the D/E dance scene in 4.04:

Too Close (Stelena):

You know I’m not one to break promises,

I don’t want to hurt you but I need to breathe.

At the end of it all, you’re still my best friend,

But there’s something inside that I need to release.

Which way is right, which way is wrong,

How do I say that I need to move on?

You know we’re heading separate ways.
                              Um.

'So Close' (Delena):

I feel so close to you right now

It’s a force field

I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal

Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall

And there’s no stopping us right now

I feel so close to you right now
                              Okay, so you can't read too much into song choice and song lyrics on this show, because the editors pick the songs, and a different editor does the editing from week to week, but yeah. Going for some obvious breadcrumbs again.

Comment

• Roundtable from No White Noise for 4.04: http://nowhitenoise.com/2012/11/the-...4x04-the-five/

In regards to the cure:

Monika| I’m excited! First of all, I think a treasure hunt style format for a few weeks will be fun to watch. Second, if they do find the cure and it exists, it will be great to see the possible dramatics that could ensue over it. Like what if there’s only a limited amount so they have to decide who gets to be human again? Or what if there is some terrible consequence/sacrifice that has to be made to use it? OR OMG WHAT HAPPENS IF AN ORIGINAL TAKES THE CURE? What if everybody that original had turned became human too??? SO MANY POSSIBILITIES. Basically, I think this introduction has created a lot of potentially interesting storylines so I’m happy with it.
                                If everyone an Original turns then turns human, etc., that only has significance to us if Klaus turns human. But if Klaus turns human, and his whole bloodline turns human, then there is no show. We literally have no vampire characters who were turned in a different bloodline at the moment, right? Everyone ties to Klaus. So I don't see the point of that.

4. Do you believe Elena is more like Damon and is her struggle to remain herself futile?

Sovanna| Elena and Damon have always been twin flames in my opinion, Damon just more dramatic and exaggerated than Elena due to his heightened (teehee) emotions. But now that Elena’s a vampire, she’s starting to show more and more similarity with him. Her struggle isn’t to remain herself, its to remain the way she was when she was a human, which, yes, is futile.

Camila| I do believe Elena is more like Damon. The hints that she was more than just a sad graveyard girl were there since the beginning of the show. Now that she’s a vampire, all of her personality is magnified and I believe that soon enough she’ll realise she’s more like Damon than she thinks (even though her subconscious has already told her that). I don’t think her struggle is futile, though, because she never wanted to be a vampire and hurt people and even though she learned how to feed without hurting anyone, all of that scares her. It’s natural and it’ll take time for her to accept it. Just look at Damon, he could only be ok with feeding in 1912.

Monika| I think even regular human beings are drawn to darkness and power. Being a vampire is just making it easier for Elena to indulge those impulses. Basically, I think technically everybody has part of them that’s “like Damon” deep inside. It’s part of the reason why his character is so popular and deliciously attractive to us. Damon is able to accept the darkness in him, which keeps him from going over the edge like his brother. I think Elena knows deep down that she also needs to accept her darkness, so in that way I do think she is less like Stefan and more like Damon. I also feel that Damon is unconsciously trying to make Elena into a Katherine 2.0, an issue I think will get brought up very soon la “I’m not Stefan” last season.
                                I don't really see that Damon is trying to make Elena anything like Katherine at all. Yes, he *does* want Elena to become a little more selfish (otherwise, she is NOT going to survive this) but I do not equate that to him trying to change her into someone else. As Ian said in an interview this summer, "Damon loves his girl. Human or vampire, doesn't matter, he loves her."

I don't believe that Damon suffers from any confusion about who Elena is. (And he is, after all, the one who spotted almost right away that Elena was *not* Katherine. It took Stefan a few months of stalking her to come to that conclusion.)

Thoughts on anything else I forgot?

Sovanna| Where the hell was Kol and why couldn’t he make a cameo? Also does anyone think Klaus or Connor will defeat the other? Its starting to be like America’s Next Big Bad.

Samantha| Why is that preacher’s daughter girl still around? Is she supposed to be important? If so, let’s just make her important instead of just throwing her randomly into episodes, yes?

Camila| Delena hot dirty dance was hot. I missed Tyler, Caroline and Hayley this episode, I’m so looking forward to seeing how that storyline will work out. Also, is Stefan drinking human blood? I thought his compulsion didn’t work well when he was on animal blood.

Denise| Did the hunter’s tattoo complete after killing that last hybrid? The star thing symbol…is that the last piece of the map?
                                I actually am assuming that Stefan is drinking some human blood again, although they have not made it explicit.

Comment

Working...
                                X