No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda, I may have different opinions about Damon (and blood), but I definitely rolled my eyes at all the same things as you this episode.

Originally posted by Linda View Post

The professor knew the Hunter - I must surely have read about that here, yet I still wasn't expecting it.
    You might not have read about it. Did we talk about? I thought it was a super boring reveal considering this was the first episode the guy appeared in and we knew nothing about him anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
      You can't be so judgey about morality on a vampire show! Got to let that go. It took me a loooong time to do so, personally . . . in fact I'm pretty sure there is evidence on this thread where I was struggling with the whole serial-killer-rapist aspect of the main love interests. But once it's gone, it's gone! And now everything is so much better.
      I just can't turn off my humanity so easily, ophy! The rapist/compelling stuff is more upsetting to me than the serial killing, and that's why Sage is my least favourite character ever - even worse than Tyler.

Maybe Elena could become a vampire Dexter.
      Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Maybe Elena could become a vampire Dexter.
        That basically makes her Mikael/Evil Ric! Esther would approve.

Comment

• Originally posted by jennk View Post
          Linda, I may have different opinions about Damon (and blood), but I definitely rolled my eyes at all the same things as you this episode.
          I don't really dislike Damon at all - I just try to be the voice of reason in the face of all the blind worship here. The worst bit of the dance was Elena wiping the blood off Damon's face and eating it. To be fair I'd have hated that visual if it had been chocolate they were covered in.

You might not have read about it. Did we talk about? I thought it was a super boring reveal considering this was the first episode the guy appeared in and we knew nothing about him anyway.
          I thought he was just going to be an inappropriate love interest for Bonnie.
          Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
            That basically makes her Mikael/Evil Ric! Esther would approve.
            No, not killing bad vampires! Killing bad humans.
            Bitter Shipper

Comment

• The dancing and their stupid faces in that scene reminded me of that horrible Very Special Dawson's Creek episode where they go to a rave and Andie gets into the Ecstasy. And were there glow sticks? That was a ridiculous party.

ETA: based on what Elena says in the clip ophy posted, it seems like "drugged up" is what they were going for. That seems like a bad choice to me.
              Last edited by jennk; 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• I just try to be the voice of reason in the face of all the blind worship here
                hee. You are very funny.

Comment

• The worst bit of the dance was Elena wiping the blood off Damon's face and eating it. To be fair I'd have hated that visual if it had been chocolate they were covered in.
                  If I'm being completely honest, I really wanted them to wipe their faces off too. I have no problem with the blood, and the drinking of the blood, and the sexy dancing covered in blood...but leaving of the blood all over their mouths bothered me a tad. Drives me crazy on True Blood too.

Comment

• The dancing and their stupid faces in that scene reminded me of that horrible Very Special Dawson's Creek episode where they go to a rave and Andie gets into the Ecstasy. And were there glow sticks? That was a ridiculous party.
                    ME TOO!

The blood all over the face was more stupid than gross. And 90% of the time people on TV are having a "crazy" time dancing? I cringe to infinity.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Super cutie pie Nian moment . . .

Ian was doing a livestream from his TVD dressing room yesterday for GOTV, and Nina came in during it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRDqVUKJsw

Ian: Are you guys done?
                      Nina (offscreen): Yeah, are you live?
                      Ian: Yep.
                      Nina: I was going to kiss you but I don't want to do it in front of the whole world.
                      Ian: nope.

http://missnoodel.tumblr.com/post/35140751089/moon
                      Last edited by ophy; 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• TVD is filming tonight, and they are watching the election from the SBH:
                        ian somerhalder ‏@iansomerhalder
                        On set- Watching election from Salvatore House... http://twitpic.com/bayst0

Comment

• Ha!

KLEFAN 5EVER: https://twitter.com/TVDFireplace/sta...817601/photo/1

Comment

• Last question: You’ve done a fair amount of TV (The Chicago Code, In Plain Sight, Tilt, Third Watch). Are there any traditions on the Vampire Diaries set you’ve found particularly fun?
                            Traditions on set… [Thinks] They have Cheesesteak Friday. That’s always delicious. I’d always take two or three of those. I’m a lover of food, so that’s pretty much what’s gonna stick out.

Source
                            That's a cool tradition. zzzzzzzzzzzz
                            Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Hee. I didn't even bother with that interview, tbh.

He didn't mention the weekly Fraturday Dance Party!

Comment

• I kinda love this theory someone posted at TWoP:

Since the show has failed to present any kind of logical, believable reason for Elena being unable to feed from anything other than a live human source, I am going with the only explanation that is consistent to me, and that does not rely on making up new canon: Elena's blood-vomiting is psychosomatic. She WANTS to feed from live humans, but she doesn't want to admit that to herself or to anyone else, she doesn't want to openly acknowledge that desire because that would be "bad." So this desire manifests as her throwing up anything other than the kind of food she really wants, deep down. That works for me because psychosomatic effects are, nevertheless, very real, and it's also very consistent with my idea of Elena.

Comment

Working...
                                X