No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D/E fans are already complaining that the way the breakup went down suggested that Elena only wants Damon because she's a vampire now, and that they would never have had a chance to be together if she had stayed human.
    Delena fans are assholes who should count their blessings! It doesn't matter now because she is a vampire, so who cares? They could be Dair fans right now.

Comment

• D/E fans are already complaining that the way the breakup went down suggested that Elena only wants Damon because she's a vampire now, and that they would never have had a chance to be together if she had stayed human. Possible, I guess. I don't think it matters very much, though. We *know* (or at least I do) that Elena was in love with Damon when she was human, too, she just wasn't able to admit it. At this point, what Human Elena wanted is kind of moot.
      Shut, up Delena fans! Ugh, what assholes. It makes me want to ship Stelena very hard. Hee!

First of all, I think Human Elena absolutely chose Stefan and loved him more. Period. I think she had feelings for Damon but that, given all the horrific shit he'd done, it was impossible for human Elena to move past those things. How she got over Stefan ripping bodies apart and stacking them back together is another question entirely. She was already madly in love with him when he did those things is my excuse. Damon did awful things before becoming nice so she had a climb in a different direction with that one.

Now that she's a vampire and killed someone and understands the appeal? And she even killed Jeremy herself (just like Damon--clear paralleling there). I think her mind can open to Damon in a way it couldn't before. Doesn't mean I'll like it. I can't fathom those two as a couple, honestly! I know they've been building to it for years now but I just will have to see it to believe it as weird as that sounds. Sexy smackity I can see. But I don't see them having those cutesy moments that Stelena pulled off on the regular to close an episode. Boyfriend Damon seems awkward in my head.

Anyway, this was a solid episode overall. I'm glad that Stefan broke up with her. She kinda deserved it! And he can see the writing on the wall! Poor Stefan! I felt for him in this episode. Because he really did love Human Elena.

I couldn't help but think that Stefan could have used some of Klaus's speed skills (when he snagged Elena) when she was under Wickery Bridge with Matt! Ha!

One thing I also liked was that Damon and Elena had a nice moment on Wickery Bridge and Stefan and Elena had a nice moment on the porch! THEY ARE SWITCHING PLACES. DID U C? It was subtle for the casual viewer but a knock in the head to the fans.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• (Not *all* D/E fans are saying that!)

Yep, noticed the subtle switching of places. And also, what Carina noted . . . that Elena threw the ring that Stefan gave her off the bridge that he once almost drove her off. And that Damon took her into the water to save her, when once Stefan took her out of the water to save her. I love that freakin' symbolic bridge!

Also, Heathers shout-out! Could have guessed that Damon would be a Heathers fan.

I think she had feelings for Damon but that, given all the horrific shit he'd done, it was impossible for human Elena to move past those things.
        I don't think it would have been *impossible*. Elena has been able to forgive both boys time and time again - even when she said 'You have lost me forever' to Damon, she didn't mean it. He snapped her brother's neck, and they were back to being close just weeks later. But all of this crap (from her seeing Damon as a villain, to her seeing him as her friend/confidant/make-out partner) has gone down in just 2.5 years . . . given time, I think that there was a very real possibility for Human Elena and Damon to have come together someday. Is it easier and therefore quicker now that she's a vampire and 'more like him'? Absolutely. But I don't think the other way would have been impossible, given Elena's nature. Oh, and the way Human Elena said being around him 'consumed her'.

If Stefan had *not* come back . . . if he had stayed with Klaus for ten years as per the original deal, and Klaus had continued believing that Elena was dead, I have almost zero doubt that Damon and Human Elena would have gotten together. They were headed that way. ("I don't know what I would do if you weren't here.") Elena wasn't thinking about all the stuff in Damon's past life (even the recent MF stuff), she was thinking about how necessary he had become to her *own* life. The path was inevitable, I just think her turning deepened her understanding of him and sped everything up.

Salvatore Fireplace ‏@TVDFireplace
        After 2 deadly accidents, shouldn't the sides of Wickery Bridge be, oh, I don't know, 20 feet high and made of steel by now?

Salvatore Fireplace ‏@TVDFireplace
        "We're restoring Wickery Bridge! 2ft railings should be safe enough to keep cars w/ Elena in them at night from going over." -Mayor Lockwood
        Yeah, the bridge doesn't exactly look freshly renovated, huh? Mayor Salvatore would have fixed that shit already.

Songs from last night's ep:The Heavy “Same Ol”
        Dum Dum Girls “Bedroom Eyes”
        Oberhofer “Away From U” Unavailable
        Fay Wolf “The Thread Of The Thing”
        A Fine Frenzy “It’s Alive”
        Aidan Hawken and Carina Round “Walking Blind”
        It's as though the music staff finally realized there was an XMU station on their Sirius XM Radio dial. Dum Dum Girls!

Julie almost never comments on a recap/review (except for Price's), but she does here:
        julieplec ‏@julieplec
        Thx for seeing the forest through the trees, Carrie. RT @AVTVClub #TVD http://avc.lu/TKOzr6
        Carrie gave it an A-, which is really high for her. http://www.avclub.com/articles/we-al...metimes,88610/
        By Carrie Raisler November 15, 2012
        A big part of growing up is learning your actions have consequences, that every choice you make affects not only you but the people who surround you. For Elena Gilbert, it seems every choice she makes reverberates throughout the entire world of The Vampire Diaries, for better or worse (but mostly for worse). Her entire struggle this season is a consequence of her ultimate choice to sacrifice her own life for Matt’s, and every second of her supernaturally-inflicted torment in “We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes” feels like nothing more than a giant “I told you so” from the universe in return. It’s Elena’s biggest personal coming-of-age moment as a vampire, and it’s not only necessary but spectacularly rendered to boot, full of emotional nuance and real, tangible character development for both Elena and those in her orbit.
        This is exactly right. Last night was all about another step forward in Elena growing up and coming to terms with everything. One of the biggest steps ever, in the way she had to face all of her fears and all of her demons.

No matter your feelings on the central romantic triangle, this is a hugely important moment, and the show rightly gives it the gravity necessary to make it count. Elena and Stefan’s conversation on the porch is the stuff of teen drama heaven, full of brutal honesty and an openness that the two haven’t had with each other since Elena turned. In fact, their lack of openness with each other is the crux of the whole conversation, with Elena finally admitting her evolving feelings for who she is becoming as a vampire and, in turn, her evolving feelings for Damon share part of this blame. Elena and Stefan’s delicate dance around each other since she turned was frustrating to watch, but by giving it voice here, letting it change the characters and then letting those characters recognize this change, makes the entire endeavor feel worth it in the end. The show can get bogged down in the minutia of the triangle at times, but conversations like these illustrate why, in the end, we stick around despite those various frustrations. What Elena’s declaration and subsequent breakup with Stefan means for her relationship with Damon will bear fruit in the coming weeks, but for now, it’s lovely just to know that all of these actions, all of these choices she made tonight came from a deep character place and not because it was time to shuffle the points of the triangle.
        This is why it all felt very satisfying and real . . . even though more than a little bit heartbreaking. Elena chose Stefan only a couple of weeks ago in the Mystic Falls timeline. (Right? It could not have been more than three weeks since she went to Denver with Damon). He lost her and then got her back, and now has lost her again in the space of just a few days. Heartbreaking! I do feel for Stefan.

Jeremy’s first kill, in fact, is one that affects other people immediately, when he stakes Tyler’s hybrid friend Chris in order to break Elena’s curse. Tyler’s anger over this action is perfect, especially because no one else involved seems to think it’s a big deal at all. To those involved, Chris was an expendable being, a means to an end, and a way to break Elena’s curse and save her life. To Tyler, Chris was a friend, someone Hayley saved from Klaus’ control, and a symbol of hope for what Tyler is trying to achieve with all the hybrids. Chris wasn’t onscreen enough to register as a character, but as a representative of the gang’s messed up vision of life and who is and isn’t expendable, he’s a perfect symbol. I have a feeling this knowledge is going to shape Tyler’s story this season, and it feels like it might have the potential to be great.
        THIS. We have to talk about this, and about Caroline's response. It was . . . cold. The people they are willing to sacrifice for each other (well, Elena mostly) aren't even *people* to them anymore. Stefan is supposed to be the good guy! But he was just as matter of fact and cold blooded about killing Chris for Elena's sake as Damon would have been about it.

Also, I'm not so sure it makes sense that Klaus would offer up one of his valuable hybrids (yet again!) for slaughter. A regular (and much less valuable) vamp should have done just as well . . . but they couldn't get their hands on one/turn somebody random? I guess it was also a way for Klaus to gain leverage over Caroline, and also to establish discipline in the ranks, but still. His attitude towards them as infinitely precious family to him one minute, and completely expendable the next is confusing. But! Klaus can be a very conflicted and confusing character, so perhaps that is not OOC for him.

If Caroline cannot dig up compassion and understanding for Tyler and Hayley's mission among the hybrids (and not just pay it lip service), she and Tyler are not going to last much longer. I was surprised by the way she reacted/assisted in Chris' death. I'm sure that is going to cause problems.

And she's getting a little *too* good at being Klaus bait. Oh, Caroline. That's a dark path your subconscious is considering taking. DO IT.
        Last edited by ophy; 11-16-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• I was totally Team Tyler on this one! Why couldn't the BAND OF VAMPIRES take down one baby vampire and put her on ice for a few days?

The cost of keeping Elena alive is kind of officially too high for me. I was sort of agreeing with her mom on the bridge in all honesty.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I think we were supposed to agree with her hallucination mom. I definitely did. And of course, that was just *Elena's* sub-conscious, really, so we know Elena agrees with her hallucination mom, too. Elena was ready to die in Matt's truck that night because she also thinks the cost of keeping her alive is too high. She wanted it (all the sacrifices people keep making around her) to be over. If it weren't for Jeremy's need for her, she would have offed herself a hundred times since transitioning. She would not, however, stay alive just because the Salvatores love her and need her to be alive. She would only do it for her brother, which I think is sweet and wonderful and human . . . and is also why they will never kill Jeremy off on this show.

Yes, I'm Team Tyler right now, and I never thought I would say that. Tyler and Hayley will end up facing off against everyone else in MF at some point, with Caroline *not* on Tyler's side.

Comment

• Recaps are coming fast and furious today. I have like, nine tabs of them open already and it's not even noon. The TVD fandom *really* doesn't want me to work on my book today, those bastards.

Anyhoo, iphigenia's recap: http://iphignia939.dreamwidth.org/78568.html
              The 52+ years Klaus was haunted by the original Five being described as "the only period of [his] life [he] actually felt the passage of time" is possibly one of the most awful things I've ever heard him say. Quit making me feel bad for Klaus! The Caroline thing's gonna do that already!
              I was having all kinds of feels for Klaus in that scene. Joe was killing it.

Silas and Qetsiyah. Silas used a powerful witch, Qetsiyah, to gain immortal life; then he dumped her to be with another woman, and Qetsiyah buried him alive for all eternity. Ten bucks--no, five--says this is why Silas is all hot for Bonnie. But he's not one of the Originals, so--yeah, I have no idea. Still! Welcome to the back half of this season, I think, or at least the middle.
              I know, right? This was seriously significant. I love how Damon was smart enough to perk his ears up, but also practical enough to know that this was something not relevant to the issue at hand and could therefore be tabled for a few episodes.

"You're missing all the adventure, pal." And then I teared up again, because I am totally predictable. And also because, from prior evidence, Alaric is sitting on the edge of the desk, mostly pissy he can't drink any of the booze, calling Shane a douchecanoe and mocking Damon's life choices.

(He's not over it. He won't ever be, I don't think. He'll miss Ric until he dies.)
              Two shout outs to Dead Ric from Damon in this ep. ALL THE FEELS. It's right that Damon would continue to carry this particular death with him.

"This is my friend, Damon." The scariest--and best--part? Bonnie wasn't lying in that moment. She and Damon are friends. Oh, sure, they're the kind of friends who get along best when they don't see each other, but they don't hate each other anymore. Mystic Falls wears you down, but not always in a bad way.
              Just the night before you were ripping Damon a new one for letting Elena feed and dance! But still . . . BAMON.

So Elena's cursed to be haunted by hunters 'til Jeremy starts getting his mark, i.e. killing vampires. ...what the shit, why weren't there any new ones for Klaus for half a century? Jesus, vampires were thin on the ground back in the day.
              This made sense to me. There *were* fewer vamps around, but more importantly, Klaus killed five hunters, not just one. It may have taken the five decades for five new potentials to become activated, especially since there was no one left to tell potentials who/what they actually were.

AND THEN! Stefan and Jeremy pimp into Tyler's house, say "I'm sorry" to the ONE FREED HYBRID that Haley and Tyler have managed--who Tyler promised to protect, okay, but he didn't think his own goddamn friends were gonna be the problem, here--and Jeremy kills him, to start getting his mark. This is the sort of shit that ends in vampire/hybrid/werewolf wars, assholes.

Also! Stefan! Do not say "I'm sorry" when you are clearly not! Comes off like a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                Shut, up Delena fans! Ugh, what assholes. It makes me want to ship Stelena very hard.
                Do it. Do it.
                Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Well, I've read through over a dozen recaps, and there was nothing worth c&ping in any of them. After reading so many,and doing a re-watch, I have some (very minor!) nitpicks:

--- Did it really take *all* freaking day (from sunrise to sunrise) for all of the shit to go down? I do not think it took like, 20 hrs for Stefan to break Elena out of Klaus's house, nor was Elena just standing still on Wickery Bridge alone (no cars or nothing) for hours and hours, waiting for dawn to come.

--- The room that Klaus put her in probably still gave her a couple of dozen ways to kill herself. Just sayin'.

--- Doesn't matter how many times y'all say it, that's not a river. It's a lake. The water barely moves. If it had been a river, Damon would most likely never have been able to find that fugly ring anyway.

--- Speaking of, neither Elena nor Damon looked like they had been recently wet. Now, I could buy that Damon showered and changed while Elena was asleep and then he came back to her room to sit there . . . but did he shower and change a sleeping Elena, too? Oh, and straighten her hair while he was at it?

--- Whither is Carol while her son turns her house into a hybrid frat?

Anyway, here's a non-shipper fanvid:'You don't want to be like me': http://youtu.be/19CaTlg_pL0

And a very shippery D/E hand holding gif: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...un78o3_500.gif

Comment

• You can see what Stefan texted to Caroline here. Harsh, bro: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...286vo1_250.gif

"I lost Elena. I need a vampire to kill. I'll turn someone if I have to. Get an answer. Fast."

Note that he doesn't explicitly tell her that killing the vampire will stop the hunter's curse, but I guess it was implied.

Twitter exchange with Carina about this new DEvelopment:
                    Angelica ‏@RealAngelicaNYC
                    @cadlymack Its coming from a character place it doesn't feel like they're just throwing them together b/c they HAVE to you know what i mean?

Carina MacKenzie ‏@cadlymack
                    @RealAngelicaNYC They've been planning it for 3 years.
                    She says they are working on 4.12 at this point, btw. Little more than halfway through already.

Song and lyrics played during the bed scene between Damon and Elena:
                    Song: “The Thread of the Thing”
                    Artist: Fay Wolf
                    Music: Damon and Elena have a heart to heart about Stefan
                    Lyrics:
                    ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah oh and the whosit and the whatsit and the stories of kings and the needle and the thread of the thing
                    and the ladder at the scene and the cutting off at the knees in a little while i see that i love the way you came on
                    i love the way you came on to me to me ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah oh and the where is and the there is and the start of the fling
                    but the riot breaks the thread of thing and the lenses ain't clean we'll need another tv screen in a little while i see
                    but i love the way you came on i love the way you came on i love the way you came on
                    i love the way you came on to me to me to me to me ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah oh
                    it weighs out, it weighs out.. and you know i love you i love you
                    There were at least three parallels in the D/E scenes last night:

a) the bridge . . . duh. Again, Damon saved her by bringing her in the water, Stefan once saved her by bringing her out. But failed to save her the last time she almost died there. Damon said he would save her in a heartbeat, and this time he got the chance to do so.

b) Damon in her window seat that morning was like the morning after she drowned, only this time she said 'You saved me', and the last time he said 'Save you? he didn't'.

c) Damon in her window seat, having rescued a piece of her jewelry, and telling her that Stefan deserves her. Just like in S2.

I don't know how they are going to play all of this going forward, but last night *did* make me think even more so that D/E is endgame. Sorry!

Clearly this recapper is wrong about converting Stelena shippers:
                    http://www.hollywood.com/news/Vampir...ode_5/44357151

And while the episode’s questions of self-worth and dealing with the weight of your own guilt certainly elevated the level of discourse on the show, when it comes down to it, most us are here for the romance. This week’s episode took the candy-heart-encrusted cake.

After saving Elena’s life, Damon has the baby vamp in the palm of his hand. She’s furious with Stefan, she’s spent all season connecting with Damon more than anyone, and he looks like a dark angel wrapped in sunlight, staring deep into her eyes and sitting on her bed. How he resisted the urge to grab her and give her the tonsil-hockey he’s been craving since that hotel hookup, and instead sang his little brother’s praises is beyond me. Hell, how the writers made it through that scene without giving us what we all wanted is beyond me. But kiss or no kiss, the seemingly innocuous scene was enough to convert any Stelena shippers. It’s clear (if the hints for the past five episodes haven’t been enough) that Damon simply makes more sense for Elena. He’s who she should be with.

It’s something that even Stefan has come to understand, and when he tells Elena that while sitting on her stoop, it’s not even that upsetting. It’s exactly what needs to happen. The once-untamable chemistry between Elena and her first love has been gone all season. Since she’s made her transformation, they’ve both been hanging onto a life that never was, and one that (if you ask me) never will be. Turning into a vampire is the second chance you get when you die too damn young. The notion that there’s some cure that returns your actual life to you after you’ve cheated death already is not only improbable, it’s insane. It’s clear that Stefan only believed it because he’s growing so uncomfortable with the new, stronger, darker woman Elena has become. She’s not some dainty flower who needs to be rescued from her tower. What she needs is to be rescued from herself, and as someone who clearly understands the new Elena, Damon is the person to do it. Even Stefan knows that.

Still, when Stefan says he’s “done,” it’s hard to believe that he actually means it this time. It’s hard to imagine a world in which Stefan isn’t after Elena or Elena isn't pining after Stefan. It’s impossible to imagine a place where Elena and Damon can unleash their feelings and get really, really dark together. Lucky for us, we may not have to imagine it for much longer.
                    So I bolded what I majorly didn't agree with. I doubt many S/Ers jumped ship last night. I also don't think the chemistry between Stefan and Elena is gone, nor has that been shown to us. This is not a relationship that died because the people concerned are no longer into each other. We saw that in at least two scenes, where they were *very* much into each other. Elena still loves/wants Stefan, and vice versa. To say anything else is foolishness.

But I do agree that being with Damon makes more sense for Elena, especially with where she is at in her character journey at the moment. Also! I know isadora and linda don't fancy a darker Elena, but I *really* do. So I'm on board with that as well.

Comment

• From EW's interview with Julie Plec. I got these from scans on tumblr, haven't bothered to find the web link yet. No real spoilers, just Julie-style vagueness.
                      IN THE HOT SEAT: Vampire Boss Julie Plec Takes Your Questions

I have a hard time with the saint Stefan vs. demon Damon dynamic. Damon may have impulse-control issues, but he never killed AN ENTIRE MIGRANT VILLAGE. - MsGolden

Damon is a character who needs to be continually judged, so he can absorb that criticism and make decisions for himself about the kind of man and vampire he wants to be…Stefan is a…walking consequence of his actions…To pile more onto that seems almost unfair.

I am hating me some Elena. Her constant whining and blaming others for her problems is getting old - Rachel

Elena’s struggle with [being a vampire] is very much firmly rooted in her character and who she was as a human…That being said, things take a very significant turn for her in the next couple of weeks, and we’re going to be moving past the “Oh, poor me” and moving forward into an entirely new predicament.

At what point is this love triangle going to end? It seems unfair to both Damon and Stefan. - ChristineK

[Laughs] Maybe when the show’s over…The important thing is that these two brothers are on a journey with this girl…and we’re just in the middle of that journey.

Why haven’t the writers put any vamp sex in this season? - EricTheVampLover

Stay tuned…

Elena is perhaps the messiest vampire eater in history. Why is she always covered in blood after a feed? Bring a napkin, woman. -FreeFerris

She’ll carry a thing of Wet Wipes in her pocket [going forward].

What is going on with Bonnie always being the Debbie Downer of Vampire fun?! [email protected]

From the begining Bonnie has been the one to say, “Hey, wait a minute, let’s not be so quick to embrace vampires.” … As much as it’s not necessarily popular, it’s consistent for her character and it’s who she is.

Klaus likes Caroline, but there is virtually no interaction between them. [email protected]_Tynan

November and December are going to be big months for people asking these questions.

BRING ALARIC BACK!!! WAHHHHH!!! [email protected]

ANYTIME!!!!!!!

Comment

• If Stefan had *not* come back . . . if he had stayed with Klaus for ten years as per the original deal, and Klaus had continued believing that Elena was dead, I have almost zero doubt that Damon and Human Elena would have gotten together. They were headed that way.
                        I agree with this, but I also agree with Isadora that Stefan was her choice and she meant it. I wanted her to pick Damon at the time, but I think realistically, for human Elena, it would have taken a lot for her to pick Damon while Stefan was still around and a viable candidate. I think Stefan was human Elena's preference, but that she would have gotten into something with Damon if Stefan wasn't around and with his absence actually driving them closer together.

Now that she's a vampire and killed someone and understands the appeal? And she even killed Jeremy herself (just like Damon--clear paralleling there). I think her mind can open to Damon in a way it couldn't before. Doesn't mean I'll like it. I can't fathom those two as a couple, honestly! I know they've been building to it for years now but I just will have to see it to believe it as weird as that sounds. Sexy smackity I can see. But I don't see them having those cutesy moments that Stelena pulled off on the regular to close an episode. Boyfriend Damon seems awkward in my head.
                        To be honest, I really agree with this. I have trouble picturing it. I don't think I've really thought about Delena beyond the sex. This show will probably make me like the relationship too, though.

Comment

• I have trouble picturing it.
                          Really? I have no trouble picturing it, because we've already seen it during much of S3 (and even some of S4). They've been working together as team, or as a couple, off and on for nearly a year. We've seen them be domestic with each other, attend parties together, make decisions together, scheme and plan together, encourage each other, nag each other, work through problems together, deal with Jeremy together. We've had steamy moments, tender moments, jealous moments . . . all kinds of typical couple ups and downs. Damon is the one she calls on to help her, the one she relies on, the one she 'doesn't know what she would do' without. He's already been her other boyfriend for awhile.

The only thing we *haven't* seen is the sex.

ETA Hell, we've even seen them clean up messes in each other's house. I wouldn't be surprised if Damon was the one doing the Gilbert laundry. He's a good boyfriend!
                          Last edited by ophy; 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Price is apparently working on his recap: https://twitter.com/pricepeterson/st...830656/photo/1

ha! That sums up Klaus right there. That was one of my fave lines from last night, too: "Caroline, you are beautiful - but if you don't stop talking I will kill you."

And this was the look on his face when she agreed to let him buy her a drink: http://kindofamy.tumblr.com/post/358...ts-episode-was
                            So cute.

Wedding Klaroline! http://the-salvatore-girls.tumblr.co...r-more-vampire

Comment

• Ophy, I guess you are right about that, but when I think about them as a couple, having couple-y conversations and being cutesy, I just can't picture it. Clearly, they could just be like they are as a couple and I guess that would probably make sense.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. The prospect of imminent DEx is melting my brain a little.

Comment

• Oh, I hear you. I've decided to blame imminent DEx for why I can't seem to make any bookwards progress. Hot vampires seem to trump dragons every time.

It's funny how their 'cutsey couple' moments have disturbed the ones around them more than their more intense eye sexin' moments. Remember how weirded out Ric got when Elena and Damon were making chili in the Gilbert kitchen for the cook off in 3.04? "It's an old family recipe." "Yeah, I knew your old family, and they made sucky chili." So cute, with the hip bump and everything.

Oh, here it is: http://youtu.be/KKXNallm1vg

Anyway, I feel like we know exactly what they would be like, because the writers went out of their way to give us those scenes which screamed 'boyfriend/girlfriend'. What generally has tripped up D and E in the past was Damon's inability to conform to her high expectations for him. The areas in his life where he is less human than she wants him to be (or less willing to pretend to be human), and those times when he was less willing to let her martyr herself in every given situation. That seems to be their two problem areas. Now that she's a vamp? Well . . . you'd think both of those issues would be less of an obstacle. But who knows?

ETA Oh, well . . . *Stefan* is obviously their biggest problem area. But that's a given. And I suppose post-vamping, their biggest issue has been Elena not wanting to be the same kind of vampire that Damon is.
                                Last edited by ophy; 11-17-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X