No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, vamp blood is an elixir but it can't keep you from being killed? I mean, that's sort of a flaw in logic. It can save your life--but only like a magic serum! Not if you get hurt 45 minutes later? Whu? But it's still in your system so you will vamp out anyway? Eh.

This is why my head hurts when I think too deeply about this show.

Oh, and I totally thought Mikael was the guy in the special cafe who died when the glass broke (somebody died then, right)? I wish somebody had said, "Klaus's father!" like they do on other shows to help people who can't pay attention (like myself).
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I think it's like vampire blood can heal you if you are on the edge where you might live or die, but it can't stop you from dying if something happens that would definitely kill you (like you get your neck broken or your head torn of). Maybe? I don't know. Is vampire blood a drug in this? It seemed like it was in season 1 when Damon gave Vicky his blood and she was twirling around and dancing, but no one else has acted like that. Ophy, you're making me think too hard and it's confusing me.

I think the whole thing about Stefan being unable to control his bloodlust sometimes and then being completely under control others was one of the things that I thought of last season, when he just started drinking Elena's blood and that never caused any problems. That was one of the questions that I decided not to think too much about.

I really thought Bonnie's mom leaving Mystic Falls would have to do with keeping Bonnie safe or something. That would have been much more interesting to me than her leaving because she wanted to start a new life. Was that supposed to make her sympathetic? I was totally with Bonnie when she was like "what, you just had to stay and teach James how to drive?" Was his name James? I don't even know.

I love how easy it was for Klaus to get the coffins. And how 3 episodes is the longest anything really lasts on this show. I actually think this was pretty long for them to keep hiding those coffins for this show.

It cracked me up that immediately after pulling bloody chunks of wood out of her boyfriend's chest seemed like the best time for Elena to him she kissed his brother. And how he immediately got all broody and stormed away. I get that he wants her to live her life and be normal and not date vampires, but what did he think she was going to get up to when he left to go on ripping apart bodies road trip with his BFF, and left her with his ridiculously hot older brother, who is also the only person who would understand the pain of losing Stefan? He should just be happy she only just kissed him last week, instead of getting her dirty, guilty sex on with him the day after Stefan left town.

I am starting to like Mrs. Wesley now. She probably killed that guy though.

Comment

• It seemed like it was in season 1 when Damon gave Vicky his blood and she was twirling around and dancing, but no one else has acted like that.
        Yeah, they treated it a little like that in the flashbacks where Katherine was feeding Damon her blood, too. It was like a 'hit'. But they seemed to have moved away from that, just like they ditched the idea that Damon could control birds and the fog (WTF), and that he could summon Caroline from a long distance away just because he had compelled her and whatnot. I think you have to throw a lot of things from S1 out the window as far as the vampire mythology goes.

His name was Jamie, I think.

I am starting to like Mrs. Wesley now. She probably killed that guy though.
        Yeah, but does it matter? We've all forgiven the other characters much worse. Maybe he needed to be killed. (See? I'm starting to think like Damon!)

I think the whole thing about Stefan being unable to control his bloodlust sometimes and then being completely under control others was one of the things that I thought of last season, when he just started drinking Elena's blood and that never caused any problems. That was one of the questions that I decided not to think too much about.
        Ugh, this one is driving me nuts. He was only drinking a teensy weensy amount of Elena's blood last season, and it wasn't the basis for his diet. It was like a vitamin supplement. He's certainly super strong right now, so at this point, he must be on 100% people blood. So I don't get all of the control he has right now. Makes no bloody sense, pardon the pun.

The hybrids are too easy to kill! I was reading a recap that said the ease with which Damon and Stefan have been able to dispatch the hybrids really undercuts the reason behind Stefan saving Klaus at Homecoming. Katherine, Damon, Stefan and Mikael could have taken out all the ones we saw hanging around, with no trouble, long before they got around to dismembering Damon. Not that I want Klaus dead anymore. Let me stress that.

And speaking of Katherine, oh please let her show up soon! Everything has gotten so heavy, and I'm totally missing her. She needs to drop by and put things into perspective for S/D/E, so Stefan can just let it go already, and Damon and Elena can get back to the eyesexin'. And real sexin'.

I still think the season should end with Stefan and Katherine taking off on a road trip, as a nice bookend to the beginning of the season where Stefan was on a road trip with Klaus. But one with far fewer hacked up bodies, though, and with less serial killery overtones. Unless that's what Katherine is into. I've learned not to be so judge-y about these things.

Comment

• Oh God, the fog and the birds. That shit was ridiculous! The first couple episodes are definitely kind of dumb. The diary voiceovers? So funny.

Yeah, but does it matter? We've all forgiven the other characters much worse. Maybe he needed to be killed. (See? I'm starting to think like Damon!)
          You're totally right. Morality is all sorts of relative on this show. Basically all the characters have been or will probably be serial killers at some point and I still love them.

Comment

• JoMo being all charming and welsh and shit and OMB EVC, WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBhb...e_gdata_player

Since there's no TVD this week (SOBBING FOEVA) I told mr.o that we needed to spend the next few days gathering costumes and props and learning our lines to recreate scenes from past episodes this Thursday night. Which prompted him to talk in a Klaus voice for about 10 mins. I played it cool, but inside I was SWOONING. I'm now trying to figure out how to get him to do that again in the BOUDOIR without seeming creepy or obsessed.

Comment

• During Secret Circle last week Mr. Is came in and started talking slow, stilted and very low--just like Adam on that show. Cracked me up. He spent a solid 20 minutes talking that way.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Okay, so while I TOTES love the drama and flair of Elijah's entrance last ep, I kinda think he has squandered a major opportunity. Elijah's main focus is getting back *his* family, right? So what he should have done was stay in the coffin until the coast was clear, and then he should have swiped all of the other coffins, driven them to another state, and undaggered them far away from Klaus and his hybrids. It would have been perfect, because Klaus would never have even suspected Elijah. He would have assumed that Stefan and Damon stole the coffins back. And while Klaus is going after Stefan and co. again, Elijah could be throwing those blasted daggers into the ocean and having a happy reunion with his undead siblings.

But no . . . now Elijah has to negotiate with Klaus for every undaggering, plus, he has to constantly be on his guard to not get daggered himself. I get that he has been completely out of the loop the past few months, but a smart guy like Elijah should have been able to sum up the situation at least a *little* bit better upon awakening. Enough to know that he should lie low and pretend to be dead awhile longer until he could suss things out.

I do love how this show has added the word 'daggered' to my vocabulary. And vervained!

Comment

• I'm digging the new stills that are out for next week's ep. So much pretty pretty HOTNESS.

A vampire dinner party with a blonde on the menu! Elijah has a sweet new haircut! Eiijah and Damon are in LOVE! So are Stefan and Klaus! (Damlijah and Klefan 4EVA!!!!)

http://www.ksitetv.com/11032/vampire...ages/?pid=5708
                  http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...tic-falls.html

If they only let Elijah remain undaggered for one ep, I'm going to CRY. He's so fuckmazing in that suit: http://twitpic.com/8ay3xo

Also, I love that Klaus appears to own both a Cezanne and a Degas. Impressionist paintings are such a fucking cliche shorthand for 'I'm a *cultured* serial killer!". Honestly, I expected better, Klaus.

ETA doesn't this pic of JoMo at an event in LA look like the very image of a man brokenhearted over his pretty blonde girlfriend leaving him? http://twitpic.com/8ajz9f
                  *sob* I'm taking this break-up way too hard, I know. But compare that one to this one! http://twitpic.com/5g81fe

I HAZ A SAD.
                  Last edited by ophy; 01-24-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• You lifted my sad Jury Duty spirits mightily. I saw those pics on ONTD last night and though: Oh, who are you kidding? Ophay is already all over that.

I LOVE the Elijah strangling Damon pic and I can't even explains why.

Comment

• These new stills plus the boys in tuxedos stills for 3.14 has got me superduperfragillistic excited for this mini-hellatus to be OVER.

I LOVE the Elijah strangling Damon pic and I can't even explains why.
                      Because Elijah has the jawline of a FUCKING GOD in those pics. I am so into him right now. I can't even handle it.

So so so so afraid they are going to take my fuckawesome Originals away . . . I never want season 3 to end!

Comment

• OMG!

I guess I missed this in your huge round-up of who dated who among TVD cast but Alaric dating Leelee Sobieski is just so wrong! She's just so embarrassing a human being.

He also dated Zooey D. before she became the most twee human being on earth.

Comment

• IT'S TVD DAY!!!!

oh wait . . .

brb sobbing in the corner.

I don't know how I am going to manage summer break. I mean, *some* people should know better than to encourage *other* people to watch certain shows when they know full well that the aforementioned other people have highly tv addictive personalities. Just sayin'. My life is ruined and I blame you all.

I spent the hours between 4AM and 6AM trying to calculate the tradeoffs of keeping at least some of the Originals on cast next season. They obviously had to trade Tyler and Jeremy (and the extra production costs in having Katherine around - because apparently that's actually expensive and kinda hard to do) to afford Elijah and the boys in the coffins (and maybe Rebekah? Oh please) in the next few eps, so I'm wondering if we can start a letter campaign to trade Jeremy, Matt, Sheriff Forbes, Carol Lockwood and Mrs. Paul (sorry, Paul!) permanently to keep Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah. I'm pretty sure JoMo is the most expensive one of those three, whereas Daniel Gilles has other shit to do and probably can't come for all of S4 (he's an indie film director/writer/producer), but Claire Holt should totes be available. I'd settle for her as a new regular, if it meant Klaus and Elijah occasionally came by for visits and heart ripping sprees. Maybe she can turn Matt into a vampire and he will finally get interesting.

Anyway, operating budgets on CW shows is what I worry about in the wee hours when the ophyboy won't sleep.

ETA that I just realized I am willing to trade away every human except Elena and Alaric. I'm *almost* willing to trade Alaric, but I think it would give Damon a sadface if his bromantic partner went away.
                          Last edited by ophy; 01-26-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• SFX just did their 50 Top Vampires poll, and Damon beat Spike *and* Eric Northman for the number one spot. Klaus took #7, and Katherine took #6 (they beat Edward Cullen!), and poor, poor Stefan came in at #15. Well, at least he beat Jasper Cullen. But not Alice. Poor Stefan!

I'm a little bitter that Caroline and Elijah did not make this list. Oh, and they used a pic of Elena instead of a pic of Katherine. Pfft. Amateurs.

At least we got soapy, nekkid Damon . . .

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/01/23/top-...pires-2012/19/

Can you believe Mick and Josef from Moonlight still make this list? I didn't realize Moonlight *had* fans still around. All the BtVS vamps make sense, though. Vamp Willow!

Comment

• Is there anything BETTAH than ophy in the grip of an obsession? Because I can't think of it.
                              Last edited by isadora; 01-26-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Well, since you left out a word there, I'm not sure if you were going for 'better' or for 'worse'. Hmmm . . . . either would work.

Anyway, a casting spoiler that I love . . . not so much for the actor, but for what the upcoming episode sounds like: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vampire-...t-1042198.aspx
                                "There's another Gilbert coming to Mystic Falls.

Newcomer Lindsey R. Garrett has been cast on The Vampire Diaries as Samantha Gilbert, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Samantha, in her 20s, is described as a bit of a gossip, but don't expect her to cross paths with Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) anytime soon. She'll appear only during flashbacks in the episode titled "1912," airing at the end of February, as one of the town's founding family members who interacts with both Salvatore brothers."

Interacts! I'm hoping that's totes code for 'sexed up both at the same time'. I mean, it will be sweeps month, people. And we haven't had any sexin' on the show for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X