Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    I am OK with Elena not getting her memories back and Damon letting her go so she'll be happy even though the whole thing is stupid and contrived and so OBVIOUSLY a way to keep the actors from having to play the characters as in love. But if means we can finally move on to other storylines I'm fine with it.

I loved everything Bonnie (I never ever thought I'd be saying that), and liked the Ric and Witch Doctor stuff. I also loved the ending with Damon finding the bear and the look on his face when he realized it was from Bonnie.

As of right now Elena and her unattractive love interest, and Tyler and the blonde witch are the weakest links on this show for me.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    He did!

That's funny.

Also funny:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-141592389824/

Leave a comment:

• SW1237
    replied
    Did Damon really say its time to abadon ship before the Delena rain kiss or were my ears deceiving me? If so I find it hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I thought it was very interesting and in character that Damon only cares about Elena and that's his whole world. It's boring to me but it's true?

And I am super annoyed with Damon assuming Bonnie is dead and just not telling anybody? What is the point of that? Bonnie is so much more badass when she's nowhere near those Mystic Falls assholes! Super sad they killed Tripp Fell. He was The Best.

The rain kiss gave me serious creeps only because it felt like a hostage situation to me (and I mean the writers are literally hostages to the insane/overly important Delena fanbase). It was gross on that front.

And don't even get me started on how they decided Stefan wasn't only completely oblivious to Caroline's affections (which, by the way, I felt she was somewhat oblivious to) but seemingly couldn't say he felt it, too?

Sure. Okay. Whatever you say, writers. But I think I'm getting some Steroline for Thanksgiving and it perks me up! Even if they had a great build-up only to end up in contrivance town where Stefan has been acting OOC all season. What else is there this many seasons in? I don't even know.

It is weird I'm shipping Bamon? And also Ian brought the crazy eyes out in a serious way last night in the final scene. Heh.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Bye bye, Colin Ferguson! Damnit. But I am grateful for how crazy hot Matt was while mourning him.

When did Bonnie become one of my favorite characters to watch? So weird. 1994 is being both good and bad to her. Bonnie/Kai/Mrs.Cuddles = OT3

Kai being Jo's brother is not much of a shocker, but! If Jo is part of the same Gemini coven as Liv and Luke, then shouldn't they have recognized her at the shindig? I kept waiting for that moment, but they never even crossed paths. Given the ages, and the fact that the coven is called 'Gemini', I assume Jo and Kai are also twins. That should be a fun eventual reunion.

LOLing forever that Elena ditched poor wee Liam at the party without even bothering to compel herself an excuse.

Oh, and rain kiss, wevs. It could have been worse, I guess? If they *had* to pander to the lunatic fandom, having it be a flashback memory was the better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I am so glad to see I am not the only one who really thought this was a horrid episode and way to make a disappointing season. None of it makes any sense. I agree first thing Damon should have done was gather everyone to head to Oregon where they know the Gemini witch coven is and force them to help them get Bonnie back. Plus the kid couldnt die in 1994, so why wouldnt they think it was possible that Bonnie being a witch and in this 1994 purgatory might not be able to die either. Then the new Dr. Lady who nobody seems to care is a witch and just out of the blue shows up and knows their secret and they do not even try to find out who she is or what she is doing there. Plus Ric was a suppose to be an original vampire so to speak and I thought they could only be killed by that stake. Plus by making it so ric is now human, wouldnt that word spread and then how could the Originals tv show now not have it brought into there story line because if all you have to do to kill an original or at least make them human is take them across the border to mystic falls, well that could put an end to that. Plus in the episodes before we saw any vampire that crossed the border into mystic falls was immediately flamed and killed, so how did it just so happen that those 4 managed to not die instantly and long enough for ric to lose the magic of being a vampire and then die and then be brought back to life. All vampires died before becoming vampires, so wouldnt they just go back to being dead not alive? Plus if mystic falls strips all magic and stripped people of their compulsion and can make a vampire human then how did Elena not get all her memories back since ric is no longer a vampire and what he did to her should have been undone and why wouldnt they all just go and become human so they could all go home and live normal lives and well that would be the end of the show. Sorry for the long post but this just totally threw me and made me so disappointed in this season and the show in general.
    Last edited by Velvetkiss; 11-08-2014, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Fan service has seriously ruined this show. I'm fine that they went there with Damon and Elena--it was inevitable since the show was structured as a triangle. But to give the Delena fans the entire show and make Stefan have to sail their ship's flag, and allegedly give them the stupid rain kiss (I mean, WHAT? Way to affirm asshole fan behavior) and act like the whole show pivots on their relationship--so much so that Bonnie has to sacrifice herself for their love (while blowing off her own)? It's just crazy.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Yeah, all of this just feels like contrivance upon contrivance. I get that the writers are backed into a corner here . . . fandom insists they make the whole season about D/E, but Ian and Nina no longer want to do the smoochy smoochy, so what are they supposed to do? It's annoyingly annoying, though.

Although, if Liam had been better cast, maybe I'd be more into the whole thing.

And the whole Damon-misses-Bonnie thing would feel more poignant if the first thing Damon had done on reaching 2014 was round everyone up to hunt down a Gemini witch to get Bonnie out of 1994.

Wasn't EVERYBODY trying to get that cure for Elena just a season or so ago?
    THIS OMB. If nobody else tries to turn human this way, it's going to be hella weird after everything that was sacrificed in S4 for just such an opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I only care about Bonnie. And Matt! Everyone (esp. Damon) should just try and bring Bonnie back.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Did you miss five seconds of this episode? Everybody is human again and then dead and then human and then vampires? I dunno.

Also, WHY wouldn't there be a line of primary characters waiting to be human again if all it takes is medical attention to save them once they cross the border? Like how easy would it be give mouth to mouth to Elena and make her human again? Wasn't EVERYBODY trying to get that cure for Elena just a season or so ago? What? I dunno. This show is nonsensical anymore.

This contrivance to keep Nina and Ian--I MEAN DAMON AND ELENA!!!--apart is boring! And as soon as everybody finds out Damon is lying about Bonnie (while secretly missing her, which I didn't believe at all) blah, blah, blah. When did this show become so boring?

Team Matt! Stay away from Salvatores! Team Caroline! Stefan needs to earn it back.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    ITA with the Bonnie stuff. I actually would have been okay with Bonnie and Damon stuck together building an actual relationship (I mean friendship or whatever? maybe I'm a Bamon shipper?) so that the remaining characters could find lives that don't revolve around Damon? Heh.

Also, If Damon developed genuine emotional connections to anybody outside of Elena (with a side order of Stefan, who never comes before Elena, and Ric, whose been dead to him for as long as they were friends) it might make him a more interesting character, a character whose redemption (instead of flagrant retconning) is layered and genuine and not just, "I have to be good because otherwise she won't fuck me...(except she doesn't even sort of care about that anymore because she's a terrible murdering beast, too)."

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I too enjoyed the new episode but I agree I am not thrilled with the new characters and I agree Ivy can go. The only thing I did not like was the Bonnie not coming home. I was hoping they were going to bring them both home and maybe see Bonnie's character become a strong witch and help figure out how to get back into mystic falls.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I never get to watch live anymore, so I'm always behind. But I just finished it, and thought it was a legitimately entertaining ep with some very good acting moments. Defan at the end was killer.

And yeah, it was very moving or whatever when Bonnie forced Damon through the portal, but . . . how many times is Bonnie going to sacrifice herself to save other people Elena cares about more than she cares about Bonnie? That's like, her recurrent arc. She's 'died' four times already. Although this time, it was like she was sacrificing herself to save Damon a bit more for his own sake than just because Elena loves him, I guess, but still. Repetitious as all hell.

Other than Kai, who is at least snarky and interesting, and Tripp, who is at least Colin Ferguson, I haven't been really impressed with the new characters this season. So not on board with Liam's casting (such a wee tiny man!), because every time they say 'Liam', I picture Lesser Hemsworth. And Tiny Liam is NO Lesser Hemsworth. He is like an energy suck on screen for me.

And speaking of, we are all agreed that Tripp can just burn Ivy alive and we are cool with that, right? He can snatch up weirdly-uncompellable-doctor-lady-who-isn't-Torrey-Devito-but-but-looks-like-a-grown-up-April while he's at it.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Apparently I'm the only person still watching this show regularly?

Where have you all gone?

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Defan??? Yay! I won't be seeing this till Saturday the earliest, but I will defintely enjoy this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X