Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophy
    replied
    This is fun. The cast answered show trivia at the 100 ep mark: http://youtu.be/vIG7bB63ub4

They are all *really* bad at knowing their own show. This does not surprise me.

Last edited by ophy; 09-11-2014, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I know I haven't posted a D/E vid in FOREVER AND EVER, but the this mash-up of mostly later seasons D/E with the 50 Shades of Gray trailer song was inevitable:

50 Shades of Delena: http://youtu.be/QFf5CPN4rSg

The editing is actually really well done. The death of Steferine killed off most of my TVD shipping feels, but this is kinda hawt.

I wish I felt like this about D/E still. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• namaste
    replied
    Originally posted by isadora View Post
    OMG. If Damon was really dead? It would be AMAZING. In weird way, they keep HINTING at it with the endless "dead have to be really dead now!) and he wasn't at the upfronts.

YOU GUYS! CONSPIRACY!

(seriously tho what if namaste was right? )
    Hmmm I'm affraid he is coming back though.. But it did all play out nicely as thought.. Stefbn dying the whole sacrifice etc.. Anyway happy Alaric is back.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    YOU DAMN SPAMBOT YOU IS BANNED.

Yeah, the lack of a Defan goodbye is one way to know Damon ain't gone for good. That's kind of egregious.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I'd rather it'd be Lexi.

I cannot judge the finale clearly, because all I could think was no Defan goodbye? Really, show?

<----- Sorry guys for spamming. We spent last week catching up on all the shows and it's the first day I had some free time.

Leave a comment:

• NeoMaxy
    replied
    ALARIC!!! Yes.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Whitley is a Grams? Heeee. Whatever, CW.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Price recap: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-140019611256/

Price almost always sums up exactly how I feel about an ep or a season. These are his overall thoughts about S5:

I'm almost too exhausted to run-down what did and didn't work about the season. I think that as fun and BIG as this finale was, there's a definite lack of impact here, and I think maybe that's a testament to how we weren't engaged quite enough over these 22 episodes. Parts of this season worked, but certain parts didn't, and even when this season course-corrected, it still left us with the feeling that there wasn't a grand story worth becoming invested in. Three big bads (including Katherine), one after the other, and not a lot of cohesion. I do NOT agree with the haters who bring some kind of agenda to the table when they argue that this season was terrible or unwatchable. It wasn't, and frankly I don't trust your judgment if that's what you're claiming. It's just that this season didn't particularly add up. Moment to moment it was engaging and fun and exactly as witty as usual, but it didn't thread enough longform stakes-building for the pay-offs to seem powerful. Another thing was that it clung to tropes that were long past tired. I mean, the diaries alone. And I frankly don't care that shippers make up a huge majority of the fanbase; anytime writers try to service those particular fans the stories will be bad. I don't mind that the characters are having romances, it's the redundant cycle of angsty arguments, misunderstandings, breakups, and makeups that are so tired they're now completely meaningless when they occur. The doppelganger stuff was always a weird piece of lore in this mythology, but when this season decided to truly explore it, it not only took away some much-needed mystery, it made it all seem so boring.

As for what this season did right: College was fun and new. The Twins. Heck, I still think the Travelers had a distinctive and understandable agenda. Much better than Silas, and I'm sorry to say, maybe even better than Esther and her Terminator!Alaric. Maybe we're past the point of getting amazing villains? Klaus kind of shut the door on that one. Who knows. But yeah, I've watched five episodes of this thing and I'm telling you that people who claim Season 5 was some kind of HUGE drop-off from previous seasons are misremembering previous seasons. Season 4 also had tons of problems. Season 3 had a bumpy second half. Season 1 started terribly. Guys, get real. We're on a big, long journey here and part of the thrill of longform storytelling is observing the ups, downs, twists, and turns of an organic, still-unfolding saga. All these stories are being written on the go, that's how TV works, but TVD works double time to cover more ground in a season than a normal show would in three. I'm still very impressed and totally on board. And, especially after this finale, I can't wait until Season 6. I'd love to see a huge shakeup, a time jump, a reboot, something. Cut loose, TVD! Reinvent. But wherever this show goes, I know it'll continue to be a wild ride and I'll always be there with a ticket in hand.
    A really big time jump would be interesting in one way, but I don't want to do that if it means we miss out on seeing any relationship building for Steroline.

I definitely agree with Price that Grams' mystery promise is probs how we will get Bonnie and Damon back.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    A surprising number of people are buying into that idea! (That Ian is leaving and Damon is dead for good). #WeNeedDamonBack has been trending for hours and hours and and hours continuously, and there is much wailing online.

I'll bet Ian is going to have fun at the Barcelona con this wkend. ha!

Here is the latest TVD promo art:

Funny how 'Elena' has morphed into basically being Nina over time, right? She's like a Katherine/Elena combo now. I am not complaining.

I am however still confused about Sheriff Forbes. She had a Passenger, right? Did we see them stab her at some point to get the Passenger out? Did Caroline like, EVER say anything about her mom and much danger she took onto herself in last night's ep?

#justice4theSheriff

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    OMG. If Damon was really dead? It would be AMAZING. In weird way, they keep HINTING at it with the endless "dead have to be really dead now!) and he wasn't at the upfronts.

YOU GUYS! CONSPIRACY!

(seriously tho what if namaste was right? )

Leave a comment:

• SW1237
    replied
    I care about nothing except that Ric is back! I think when he died he took a lot of the magic of the show with him. I am thrilled. If only Klaus would come back it would be perfect. It should be interesting to see how they bring Damon back.
    Although I also think it would be amazing if it was surprise he's really dead?
    People I need gone for good Tyler and Bonnie. Both annoying.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Alaric!! Yes!! I wish Damon was dead for real. Considering they went on and on about deaths being permanent and then didn't kill anybody except maybe poor Bonnie AGAIN? And lex sacrificed herself? Wut? I dunno.

Trevino is officially the cockroach of the series.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    So, is Tyler human again? Does that mean everyone that came back through is human, or what?
    Tyler died after reverting back to a kid with a werewolf gene who'd had his throat snapped, so I think he's just a werewolf again?

But the others died *as* vampires, so I assume they came back that way.

But, Alaric's return rights a multitude of wrongs as far as I'm concerned.
    WORD.

Leave a comment:

• jennchum
    replied
    So, is Tyler human again? Does that mean everyone that came back through is human, or what?

I liked it. More than anything this season anyway. But, Alaric's return rights a multitude of wrongs as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Even thought I wanted GhostDamon so bad I actually wrote him myself, I was still crying through this ep. Nina slayed me, not gonna lie. And Bamon! They did that just for linda.

But hey, you guise! Matt Davis is coming back as a series regular in S6!!!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vampire-...s-1081801.aspx

Alaric lives! Matt Davis is returning to The Vampire Diaries for Season 6 as a series regular, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.
    (still can't believe Trevino survived again. WHAT.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X