No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I normally think Jeena Ush is adorable but she looks harsh in those photos. Hate that "fierce" styling on her with the super long flat hair with light highlights and dark lipstick. She's SO CUTE on Glee there's no reason for that dramatic look!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Well, this explains why the cast was encouraged to tweet last thursday night, even though they were actively filming at the same time.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...t-matters.html

''The Vampire Diaries' is the most buzzed-about show of the week: Why that matters'

If TV shows were ranked by the social media frenzy they incite instead of by Nielsen's antiquated, unreliable ratings, The CW would be sitting pretty. First, GetGlue named "Supernatural" the most talked-about show of 2012, and now, Trendrr (another social media monitoring service) announces that "The Vampire Diaries" was the most social program last week.

Executive producer Julie Plec and cast members Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Zach Roerig, Kat Graham, and Claire Holt promoted the hashtag #TVDParty. They even answered fan questions from the set during the east coast airing of "Catch Me If You Can," which aired on Thursday, January 24. The episode generated 865,000 social interactions on Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and Viggle. (No, we didn't know Viggle was a thing, either, but... yay?)

Here's why this matters: The CW and Warner Bros. are paying attention to your online activity. That can only be good news for the shows you love -- and love to talk about. The network and studio pushed a press release to the media and promoted a blog post about the achievement. Networks' focus on Nielsen ratings is shifting as they realize that there are more effective ways of measuring a show's popularity -- which is good news for all cult hits, particularly those with middling ratings.

Of course, that's not to say that "Vampire Diaries" isn't a ratings hit by CW standards; it remains one of their most reliable shows, along with "Arrow" and "Supernatural," and isn't in danger of being canceled. But for other shows, like "Nikita" and "Hart of Dixie," social buzz can only help increase chances of renewal next season, especially with such a strong crop of pilots at the network.

So keep tweeting, liking, and checking in -- it can only help you keep your faves on the air.
      It was a push to see if they could top the social media lists. I had read that The CW was basically unconcerned about Nielsens in comparison to other measurements, and that was why they were so eager to strike a deals with Netflix et al. They are priding themselves on being more progressive and 'aware' than the older networks. Really, there is not much else you can do when you are The CW, and always last in the rankings. Gotta find a measurement where you get to be first. Smart strategy.

Comment

• Arielle's rehash for 4.11 is up: http://www.vampire-diaries.net/tv-se...an-ep411-video

NEED A WEBCLIP PLEASE.

ETA BTW, Arielle says she is going to stop hosting these for awhile, and the person who will be taking over is another 'ghost'. Ernesto? Is that you?
        Last edited by ophy; 01-29-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Supposed to be doing writerly stuff, but I don't wanna.

So here's a brand new angelurooj90 vid instead!

D/E 'Love can change a person' . . . http://youtu.be/pSntjAyUSMs

Honestly, I'm very happy to live in a world where a 21 yr old in the United Arab Emirates can share her well crafted vampire shipper videos with over 1.1 million viewers. It's a crazy time to be alive.

Two different new Stebekah vids, set to the same song by diff vidders. I'm a bit partial to the first one because it's by The Queen September, but they are both fine.

S/R. 'd.n.a' . . . http://youtu.be/IjxtnVQ3Vq8
          S/R. 'DNA' . . . http://youtu.be/t0Yh9KRvsTQ

And this vid is strangely UNF --

Katherine/Elena AU (obvs). 'Love locked down' . . . http://youtu.be/2WTH5LfOXVs

*fans self*

Comment

• I wanted to smack Damon on the head when he asked Elena to trust him. He did redeam himself a bit when he kept swearing at Jeremy.

Elena was stupid. Stefan and Stebekah were the best things about this episode as you all have already said. I think I'm prefering Stebekah over Steferine right now too, sorry Ophy!
            sigpic

Comment

• I think I'm prefering Stebekah over Steferine right now too, sorry Ophy!

DSylvan's 4.11 recap: http://diannesylvan.com/archives/2627

1. Every time a character says “the cure,” I’m going to replace it with “the penis.”

2. Every time a character announces his or her intention to do something completely dumb and/or balls-out nuts, I’m going to replace that idea with “GNARFLE THE GARTHOK!”

3. Every time I want to crotch-punch Stefan, I’ll…oh, wait a minute, I didn’t really want to crotch punch him in this episode, at least not very often. I’ve been saying for at least two seasons now that both brothers are SO MUCH BETTER when they’re not with Elena. Stefan acting like Elena had drowned his favorite kitten: crotch-punch. Stefan having angry sex with Rebekah and basically telling Elena to fuck off: GOLD.
              DAMON: Where’s Jeremy? I need to GNARFLE THE GARTHOK! (apologize to him for being an ass).

ELENA: Oh, okay! He’s at the Grill. You go apologize, you big ol’apologizer, because you wanting to do that isn’t suspicious at all.

EVERYONE ELSE: JESUS, ELENA, ARE YOU NEW HERE?
              We should be getting the description for 4.15 and the 2nd webclip today. About to leave the house for awhile, if somebody else wants to keep an eye out for them!

Comment

• Nina about this weekend:

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                Im a Canadian living in the US... "When in Rome, do as the romans do." So... I'm having an all American weekend - football mania!

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                First stop- playing in the Celebrity Beach Bowl, then presenting at the @NFL Honors, this Saturday on @cbs (9pm ET). http://nfl.com/honors

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                #NFLHonors And lastly... Little thing called ....SUPER BOWL!
                The NFL Honors is apparently a thing where movie and tv stars present awards to NFL players, I guess? Don't know nothing about football. I don't actually know who is playing this wkend. Ian is def playing in the Celeb Bowl with her, but I don't think his name was on the presenting list for the Honors doohickey.

Not quite sure what the promo dept thinks they are doing! All we are supposed to get today is the 4.15 ep descript, and the 4.12 2nd webclip. Instead, we got a HUGE photo dump yesterday and the 4.13 promo today. Get it together, people! Or let me handle it for you. I'd be good at that.

Comment

• 1. Every time a character says ďthe cure,Ē Iím going to replace it with ďthe penis.Ē
                  I AM TOTALLY DOING THAT FROM NOW ON!! It should drive my sister nuts.

Hopefully I don't slip up at work because that would be bad (since I work in a doctor's office). Funny! But bad.

Comment

• Poor Nina just can't figure out bangs. I hear ya! Having the exact same trouble today.

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                    Ok I am lovinnnngggg my new haircut/bangs...But after 10yrs of long hair, I dont knw how to do it myself. Ha! bangs are a full time job..

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                    Ok... Being introduced to the "round brush" and "Velcro hair roller"? Apparently these are the keys to successful bang-ing?

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev
                    So..I have all the ingredients to style them,but now what?How does one actually do this? They wont cooperate! They have a mind of their own!
                    And speaking of gorgeous people, here's PDubs in a new magazine spread being all handsome and shit:

http://oh-my-salvatore.tumblr.com/po...e-january-2013

Ugh, your face, dude. YOUR FACE.

Comment

• He is so insanely man pretty.
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post

And speaking of gorgeous people, here's PDubs in a new magazine spread being all handsome and shit:

Ugh, your face, dude. YOUR FACE.

Wow! Hello Mr. PDubs.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Poor Nina just can't figure out bangs. I hear ya! Having the exact same trouble today.
                          Whenever I have bangs I almost ALWAYS end up pulling them back with bobbypins. Bangs=too much work.

But they do look pretty when the stylist does them for that first day.

Comment

• I liked this one, overall.

I continue to basically dislike Elena these days. I mean, that's a pretty big gamble to take with your brother's life. How does she know WHAT the end result of that little escapade would be? She didn't. And didn't bother to change it up, either.

And Damon? Wow, what a dick move to Stefan. Not that it needed to be a secret because REALLY ELENA? You RAN from your break-up to bang HIS BROTHER so you got no room for judgments, baby. But still Damon. Dick move.

Stefan was closer to being his old self by not daggering poor ol' Rebekah. I was grossed out by his manipulations, tho, and I think he was, too.

Enjoyed Klaus's big tears over his brother. I wish Elena had taken a moment to say: AND THAT WAS FOR AUNT JENNA! BOOM! EAT IT, WHINY BITCH. Also enjoyed Klaus's Caroline moping with Damon! Hee!

Comment

• I forgot to say: OMG. I hate Bonnie's parents! What a couple of asshats.

Comment

• Yeah.

So that happened.

They made me love Kolena, and then they brutally TOOK it AWAY.

That said? Inviting Kol inside was just a bad, dumb, no good dumb, bad plan, Elena. Glad to see that vamping you did not improve your planning abilities in the slightest.

But overall, I thought this was a really well written ep. It moved very fast and it had lots of nice character moments. The Klamon stuff was especially FANTASTIC. Damon nailed the reason why the Salvatores are more easily forgiven/redeemable quite well . . . there has to be a *purpose* behind your ruthlessness, and that purpose has to be nobler than your actions in order to fall into the 'can get morally more pure girls to love you' category.

Klaus' anger at Kol's death was a beautiful thing. And Elena and Kol's awkward first date! And Stefan refusing to dagger Rebekah! And Defan being petty and bitter to each other! And Elena not even being the least bit bothered by the genocide she just engineered!

And even Bonnie turning Klaus into the Gilbert's housemate!

Liked this ep a lot, even though I do have to wonder how Rebekah was able to take a shower if there was vervain in the water supply.

Damon telling Elena about Rebekah was a dick move. Stefan bleeding Damon out and not letting him see Elena (for a flimsy reason) was also a dick move. And Stefan saying what he did about the sire bond? Equally dickish. But wevs. It's a complicated sibling dynamic and they have always been capable of being dicks to each other.

I forgot to say: OMG. I hate Bonnie's parents! What a couple of asshats.
                                WORD. If they wanted us to like Rudy and Abby this was not the way to go about. Total asshats.

If anyone's keeping track, here are the tempests shoutouts from tonight:

1) The Mayor of Mystic Falls putting vervain in the water supply
                                2) Matt and Jer playing video games while somebody snipes at them about the dishes
                                3) The Breakfast Club shoutout

Yep, claiming all of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X