No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other selfish news? I hope this doesn't destroy any Steroline love! I really seriously am not that into Elena anymore and would be super happy to see a real Steroline romance play out--turn this triangle on its head, yo!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• But when it comes to short, non-speculative stuff like this? It's legit the vast majority of the time.
      I do agree with this. If I had to guess, the US Weekly thing totally came from her rep. It's all about her and reads like a press release.

Comment

• I could get into a Steroline triangle, but who's the third point? Tyler's no match for Stefan and Klaus is in New Orleans.

ETA: duh..I'm an idiot. I totally forgot about Elena. Whoops. My shippiness is showing.

Looking on the bright side on this very dark, sad day, I think the summer could actually be looking up. Instead of months of bland tweets with Ian and Nina together but apart, there could be some unexpected events in the wake of their break up.
        Last edited by Q; 05-09-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• and I don't know what kind of couple Ian/Nina are/were but I'm very, very sorry. That super sucks, girl.
          I'm not in mourning or anything! I mean, obvs they were a couple that I liked watching be together, and it added a certain spice to the show knowing that they were RLTL, but I was not emotionally invested in any serious way. So no worries! It's a bummer, but they are grown-ass adults, as isadora would say.

As far as what kind of relationship it was, they were together for three years almost exactly. They lived together for at least 2.5 of those years, and co-stars described them as 'basically married.' They were mommy and daddy to a whole herd of cats. Vacations with each others' families, total blending of friends, etc. So it was a very serious and committed kind of thing. But! She's 11 yrs younger, and it looks like this was her first *real* relationship, so there was always a tiny asterisk there.

I would have given them great odds of survival if she'd been 28 when they met instead of 20, because they are beautifully suited in so many ways. Same sense of humor, same sort of cheesiness, same kind of work ethic, same kind world of outlook, equally adventurous, and a bunch of other things. They just fit together really well.

Although! Living together *and* working together is a strain on any couple, whatever the age and maturity level. The fact that they managed as well as they did deserves a high-five.

I hope this doesn't destroy any Steroline love!
          I KNOW.

It doesn't matter if D and E are making out or just doing the pining thing (and this will add some piquancy to any Damon pining, no?), Nina and Ian will still have to be in about a billion scenes together before the show ends it's run. There's no real way to do the show otherwise. It'll be interesting.

Instead of months of bland tweets with Ian and Nina together but apart, there could be some unexpected events in the wake of their break up.
          Well, that's certainly true.

The mass funeral over at FF is making me sniffly, even though I don't honestly feel sniffly about this. But they are emerging from a classic denial stage and struggling toward acceptance and it's sociologically very interesting to watch.

People and Gossip Cop have both confirmed this as true, btw. And Nina's other bff, Riawna, just tweeted this:

http://instagram.com/p/ZFQb6Svjy5/

@RiawnaCapri: #true #trust #yourself Photo by riawnacapri • Instagram
          (the pic reads 'Sometimes The Right Thing And The Hardest Thing Are The Same')

OKAY, WE GET IT. I think Nina's people are going to be worried about a backlash. Ian is very beloved by fandom. Nina? Um . . . yes and no. Definitely not quite as much, if she's not with Ian. She doesn't do cons, and she's less likely to hang around after filming to sign autographs, and she gets a little frazzled and nervous in big crowds. So in some corners, she has a more unfriendly reputation. Well, nobody could be *quite* as friendly as Ian, who is a hug slut with anybody he makes eye contact with. And after the tweet he sent, it's pretty clear who is going to get the blame for this.

I feel for Nina, this had to be super tough as far as break-up decisions go. Most 22 yr olds don't have to deal with quite the same kind of 1)level of domestic entanglement b) SO MANY CATS c)publicity and d) still having to work with the guy you just dumped in front of EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. Upfronts are next week, and they are both scheduled to be there in NYC. Standing next to each other in every picture. *shudder*

Whoops. My shippiness is showing.
          Ha! I KNEW IT.

Comment

• There will be tons of Delena shippers declaring Elena "not good enough" for Damon! Please to be linking as you find them! Hee!
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Have not seen that yet. Have not even seen any real backlash yet, but I haven't gone looking, either. I do find this amusing, though.

Carina MacKenzie ‏@cadlymack 1m
              Yup.
              That's all she tweeted, and it could have been about ANYTHING on the planet, but she's getting these responses immediately:

David Alpay Fan ‏@DavidAlpayFans 2m
              @cadlymack ? Nian ?
              Expand
              carolina ‏@23carolinaa 2m
              @cadlymack what you mean ?
              Expand
              Ellen Chee ‏@Coaachellen 1m
              @cadlymack Nina and Ian? (((((((
              Expand
              Julie ღ ‏@DelenasHope 1m
              @cadlymack what do you mean carina?
              Expand
              Ian Somerhalder ♥ ‏@Nianandelena 1m
              @cadlymack NIAN BROKE UP ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              That took less than 2 mins.

Carina! A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you! I think lots of folks are hoping she will deny the whole shebang, despite all other evidence to the contrary. Her twitter mentions are going nuts.

Comment

• Oh, I had Nina's age wrong.

http://www.people.com/people/article...698772,00.html

Love bites.

Vampire Diaries costars Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev have called it quits after dating for several years, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The couple were last seen taking a late-night trip to a cat hospital together last month, with no sign then that their own relationship may have been hurting.

Somerhalder, 34, and Dobrev, 24, kept their romance secret during their early days as a couple, despite evidence that they were together.

"I didn't want to be dating one of my costars," Dobrev told Seventeen last fall. "My goal on the show was to be professional. But sometimes you can't help who you have a connection with, and you can only fight it for so long – which I did for a really, really long time."
                Still, they did meet when she was only 20, and started dating after she turned 21.

Comment

• That's super young to be long-term what with fame and unlimited choices.

Sorta why I think Robsten are doomed (not that I want them to be, just to be clear).

Comment

• Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I kinda think R&K are in a different sitch entirely. Partly because they are much closer in age and life goals, and also because we've seen R&K shaken up HARD and hit by all kinds of craziness, and yet they still manage to pull through every time. We never saw Nian go through anything adverse, really, so they were far more unproven as a couple. And the age thing . . . it's different when you are going through your 20s *together*.

Ian and Nina are also both quite independent people, and I think the opposite is true of R&K. Not saying there is anything unhealthy there, just saying that they seem to need each other on a molecular level just to survive life, and N&I never gave that impression at all.

Comment

• I would have given them great odds of survival if she'd been 28 when they met instead of 20, because they are beautifully suited in so many ways. Same sense of humor, same sort of cheesiness, same kind of work ethic, same kind world of outlook, equally adventurous, and a bunch of other things. They just fit together really well.
                      Totally agree. And they were just beautiful to look at. Although Nina may not age well. Okay, that's my bitterness talking. It will go away.

I've been thinking a lot about his Twitter quote - how people change and they don't tell each other. That really sums it up nicely. They met pre-BP oil spill and I can imagine that Nina and the show were pretty much Ian's world. After that event and the birth of ISF, he found his calling and there was less and less time and space for much else other than TVD, TVD promo and ISF work. He's also part of RYOT, on the editorial board of Origins Mag, helping build his brother's BOB business and it goes on. Nina's young and still figuring out her life and probably has the same priorities she did when she was 20.

O..if you are still putting together a time line on the break up, I did wonder if Nina's tweet on Apr 26 was about Ian:
                      Quote of the day: "All problems become smaller if you don't dodge them, but confront him. Touch a thistle timidly,and it pricks you. Grasp it boldly and it's spines crumble". - William S. Halsey
                      I should read, "confront them". I thought this was a deliberate misquote since the rest of it is spot on.

Comment

• Stacy Keibler (who has lasted a surprisingly long time as The Cloon's girl, right?) tweeted this pic of her and Nina at the Met Gala: http://instagram.com/p/Y_-ifkJU2F/

What's funny is the story in the comments:
                        marcotallarico
                        Stitch , I gave nina her first fake ID on my second film. She starred in it when she was 17. Lol.
                        Ha!

This is the guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2182593/

And the film was 'The Poet': http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904127/

Darryl Hannah was in that movie!

Comment

• O..if you are still putting together a time line on the break up, I did wonder if Nina's tweet on Apr 26 was about Ian
                          OMB. What a great catch! I missed that entirely.

Comment

• Well, the ATL insider that lives in their building said that Ian was supposed to go to the Great Gatsby premiere with Nina the evening of May 1 (same day as his existential tweet, which was 3AM that morning), but he didn't. He went out to eat with his friends instead. He didn't even join her at the afterparty. And Nina was supposed to go to Barcelona with him for a few days during the con, but stayed in NY. The next morning, she left their hotel to go shopping, and an hour later he left the hotel to catch his flight to Spain alone.

So to me, 4/30 (where we have both Nina's confrontation quote tweet followed by Ian's late night existential tweet) and 5/1 is the critical 24hr period, since their plans changed all of a sudden. But he must not have totally accepted it until after he came back from Barcelona, or something.

This was Ian on May 1: http://twitpic.com/cnf3ho
                            Nina, same day: http://www.twitpic.com/cngti2

There are some reports that castmembers in Barcelona *did* know that there was something up between Nina and Ian, but no hard evidence on that.

Poor Carina.

tami ‏@iansexhalder
                            @cadlymack please just tell us that's everything ok please i beg you carina

Carina MacKenzie ‏@cadlymack 5m
                            @iansexhalder Everything is okay.

Thais Xavier ‏@thaiscollywogs
                            NIAN STILL TOGETHER EVERYBODY!!! @cadlymack Just confirmed it! SO HAPPY <333

Carina MacKenzie ‏@cadlymack
                            @thaiscollywogs uh... no, i did not.
                            And even though she is the one who always covers all things TVD for Zap2it, she did not write this article.
                            http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...ree-years.html

"Vampire Diaries" co-stars Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have called it quits after dating for over three years, reports US Weekly. The two have starred as the on-again, off-again Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatore since the fall of 2009. A source tells Zap2it the off-screen breakup will not affect any "Vampire Diaries" storylines next season.

An insider tells US that the pair are "consummate professionals" and "will continue to work together and remain best friends, which is where the relationship started."

Dobrev told Seventeen magazine back in 2010 that things "could definitely get sticky if you dated your co-star," but ultimately she couldn't resist her attraction to Somerhalder, telling the magazine in 2012 that they fought their connection for "a really, really long time."

"Sometimes you can't help who you have a connection with, and you can only fight it for so long," says Dobrev.

We have no doubt "Vampire Diaries" fans are mourning the real-life couple all over the world -- but we also have no doubt the co-stars will continue to work beautifully together.
                            Fairly sure she's the one who sourced it, though. But they are her friends, so she couldn't be the one on the byline.

Comment from FF:
                            Dont know if this is true... But Some girl was commenting on one of Nina's Instagram pictures, saying that she met Nina in Miami and when she asked Nina where Ian is, she said sometimes things don't work out, but it doesn't mean we won't try again...
                            oookay. Yeah, doubt Nina was gabbing to randoms on the beach.

There is still a tremendous amount of denial out there. Not saying that hope ain't a beautiful thing . . . but the fat lady already done sang, folks.

(but the truth is that couples also break up and get back together, especially when they are thrown together with no choice in the matter day after day. This might tun out to be a summer break kind of thing, who knows? So I can't say all the hope is totally misguided.)

Comment

• Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X