Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda
    replied
    I'm now firmly on the side of keeping Steroline as friends. I love them.

Damon and Enzo are about a millionth as interesting as Klefan.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I can accept that vampires without souls are meant for Buffy to stake. But humans were generally off-limits. When Faith killed a human it was A Big Deal.
    Well, yeah. Buffy and Faith were essentially (super)human, not monsters. They operated under human morality.

On Angel, the morality was always comparatively gray.
    Right, it was grayer because our Hero was a monster. Whenever he would go all Angelus he got to cause mayhem to whomever, and when he was back to being Angel again, he was forgiven quickly. But! Angel was trying to Save The World. So I get that TVD will always be a 'smaller' show in that sense.

I think it's meant to be a vampire soap opera, not anything epic, you know? Soap operas also care nothing about the people (background extras) who aren't the People We Are Suppose To Care About. Soap operas say nothing about the larger human condition, and we don't expect them to. TVD is the same.They aren't making a show about saving the world, they are making a show about the trials and tribulations of a small group of people monsters and that is all. As Plec and KW have said, this show is about Family (with a capital 'F', not about Humanity with a capital 'H'). That's the theme . . . how monsters come together and learn to care about the others in their Family, and the sacrifices they make to do so. So in that sense, it's not failing at anything.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I don't think every monster show works this way, actually. Yes, we don't usually care about the villains outside The Circle. Fine. I can accept that vampires without souls are meant for Buffy to stake. But humans were generally off-limits. When Faith killed a human it was A Big Deal.

On Angel, the morality was always comparatively gray. But they tried to fight for the good.

This show has always been a good deal edgier than that and it's always bothered me. Humans are meaningless, being a vampire is kind of meaningless (except when it's not). Immortality just gives you license to be a little bitch across centuries and never get a grasp of the bigger picture of the human condition. I feel like this show has no greater themes or ideas than Protect Elena and Her Friends. And that's ok. But it will always feel like a smaller endeavor to me because of it.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    how is that any different than how anybody else on this show operates? It makes every life meaningless, depending on the context of Your Personal Circle.
    Well, yeah. That's how monster shows work. The only people who are People are the People We Care About. The rest is cannon fodder.

Probably my fave scene was the opener with Enzo and Damon as murder buddies at the farm. It was a nice call back to Stefan and Klaus in Tennessee (and also to Damon and Ric discovering what Stefan and Klaus had done in Tennessee).

I'm down with monster show morality, is what I am saying.

I do wonder how Sheriff Forbes feels about the fact that her job has become all about helping monsters cover up the crimes of other monsters, though. We never really get to see whether or not she faces any internal struggle with that anymore.

The Bonnie dangling plotline IS super annoying. She and Jer really just sexing it up away for days and days? They can't check in so she can say, 'oh by the way, don't think K is dead for realsies?'

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I thought this one was pretty corny and if Stefan hadn't figured it out I was gonna be irritated. I mean, Katherine has been keeping her distance from everybody, in a way, since she hopped into E's body. Everybody but Stefan. And she's laid it on thick and tedious with him. Elena would never sacrifice anybody close to her to save herself so Stefan should have known immediately. I felt bad for him because I think he just wanted it to be true.

Of course this entire plot is silly and stupid because somehow Bonnie SAW Katherine there but she did't pass over? It was a terrible thread to leave hanging, and stupid to boot.

I also hate this Damon story line. Yes, it follows their usual immortal morality--and it gives people a chance to root for Katherine and Nadia; I mean, if Nadia is really just working hard to ensure her own mother's safety, how is that any different than how anybody else on this show operates? It makes every life meaningless, depending on the context of Your Personal Circle.

They've basically lost me, is what I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• Iva
    replied
    Travelers are the least interesting concept, they seem to be entirely substituting for witches because ? I don't even know. I do hope Nadia dies. That actress grates me with her accent. If she were to play a hooker on Entourage I imagine the the director would go crazy for this accent.

I bet Klaus fedexes blood or something. I need someone (who is not Matt) to die and make the core people closer. Couldn't care less about Enzo or Damon's overacting. They should really give him back the fun sideline gig. He is way better at those.

This episode wasn't fun for me. I thought Stefan had it figured out as well. The chemistry from those smooches was the most pleasure I've had during this episode.

I doubt Katherine will die. That's the last ace in the hole they have. But I could live without (would prefer dead) Tyler, Nadia, Enzo and Blond professor

Leave a comment:

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    Mr gloop was convinced that Stefan knew it was Katherine through the whole episode and was playing along to see what she was up to.

I have a feeling it's going to be Matt that somehow gets the cure for Nadia's bite.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    This ep had some nice things in it. Stefan was a Big Damn Hero all down the line, and very likable throughout. A *little* bit slow on the uptake, but that's okay. Steroline is really the best crime solving duo on the show, right? If anyone is going to team to drive around the country solving mysteries in a van, it's definitely Steroline.

Both brothers are rippers now! That's a kind of poetry, so okay.

You know, Klaus was a dick if he didn't leave Caroline with some of his blood just in case Tyler decided to get pissed off at her. He should have! You leave the woman you love at the mercy of her hybrid ex-bf with anger issues, without any recourse in case of a bite? Tsking you, Klaus.

But yeah, we'll have to see how far Katherine will actually go to save her daughter's life. Perhaps if Stefan asks his ex lover Klaus nicely, Klaus can overnight some blood to Mystic Falls and they can trade it for getting Elena back. Katherine sacrificing herself for her daughter's sake, would go a long way towards redemption of the character. Let's her go out with a more heroic death.

PLEASE DON'T DIE KATHERINE PLEASE NO.

Leave a comment:

• jennchum
    replied
    I am finally caught up. I was so worried about being spoiled for this and TW that I avoided all fandom things until I caught up. I must have done a REALLY effing good job, because I had NO IDEA that Klaroline happened while I was out of the loop. None at all.

I never, ever, thought we would see them kiss on screen once JoMo left the show, so that was a seriously nice surprise.

I am baffled and bored by Damon's sudden switch. That breakup did not seem to warrant such a dire reaction. It just seems silly to go this way again. And I hate Enzo.

I'm loving everything about Steroline right now. I was always pretty blah about them because of how I felt about Klaroline, when Stefan punched Tyler, I really felt it for the first time. And during their conversation about Klaus later, they were just adorable together.

Leave a comment:

• SW1237
    replied
    I have to say I find most of those comments to JP so amusing! She is so right. Its a vampire show! It isn't a show telling people the right and moral way to be. Good God it isfor entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Steroline is my only hope for this show.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    From what has transpired on screen Delena should never be an option again. I conclude they must be end game.
    Ha! Yeah, they are looking more and more like endgame at this point. Julie is on record for preferring the 'relationship you shouldn't be in' as her favorite with the shows she watches and the books she reads, so the more all of the stars align along the 'It's wrong for Damon and Elena to be together' pathway, the more it looks like Julie ships it. Most of the fans think Dries is a D/E shipper as well, although I'm not sure what they base that on.

I don't think Julie's ever had a boyfriend.
    She's obviously saving herself for Ernesto. And if that's not a 'wrong relationship which is bad for you', then I don't know what is.

JULIESTO UNBROKEN <3

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied
    I don't think Julie's ever had a boyfriend.

From what has transpired on screen Delena should never be an option again. I conclude they must be end game.

Leave a comment:

• namaste
    replied
    They did show katherine to Bonnie. But don't remember what happend afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Julie explains why she shredded Klaroliner's hearts:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...e-drawing.html

"In the category of my least favorite topic for fear of no matter how I say something someone's going to scream at me, Klaus made a promise that he wouldn't return," executive producer Julie Plec tells a small group of reporters after a screening of an episode of Morgan's series, "The Originals."

While the art-shredding moment was a low point for Klaroline shippers, Plec reminds fans that it's in line with how Caroline feels at the moment. "Caroline was very clear that she's got other plans," Plec says. "She's got some stuff she's got to deal with, he's got some stuff he's got to deal with, so the plans to cross paths with them right now don't seem very realistic but that doesn't mean in life there aren't opportunities."

And don't let the ruined drawing put a shadow over the Klaroline hookup, because that wasn't just a throwaway moment. "The point of that was to deliver on the story line that had been left dangling and to get those characters to a new place with each other," Plec says.

Even though I'm leaning more Steroline-y these days, I will always have a soft spot for Klaroline.

Here's Julie's twitter Q/A (some people deleted their questions, so I can't track all Q's):

dont ask ‏@DelenaWillBe Feb 7
    @julieplec and you shouldnt base your writing upon those negative shippers.Not all of us are like that &in the end you cant satisfy everyone

julieplec ‏@julieplec Feb 7
    @DelenaWillBe I don't. None of us do.

phantom ‏@suckafuckufuck Feb 7
    @julieplec it's so amazing how a female writer can find a storyline in which a womans body is taken from her, somehow enjoyable

@suckafuckufuck you're overthinking it, if I'm allowed to be honest.

@grkmtrn_ no one's 'hurting' him, he's going through a character evolution. That's what storytelling is all about.

@WesleysDobrevx what you're asking is also technically fan service. The story will go where it's meant to go. It's an organic being.

Buffy Summers ‏@ElenaSaves89 Feb 7
    @julieplec It is disheartening for a female to be head of a show that has its heroine w/ a main job of calming a narcissistic murderer.

@ElenaSaves89 it's a vampire show.

@julieplec So it's a woman's job to make the misunderstood bad boy a good boy? I even lost respect for Stefan for implying this.

@ElenaSaves89 these are flawed, co-dependent, supernatural, grieving people. That's the point.

@julieplec At this point I don't care about ships. But I do care about Elena Gilbert and the strong character she use to be. Bring her back.

@ElenaSaves89 no one has said one way or the other whether she's gone for good. But given that she's the heroine don't you wonder?

Vera ‏@VeraCrashx Feb 7
    @julieplec I swear we will be warm all season long if we just have the thought of Caroline kicking some ass this season, confirmed

@VeraCrashx we're not done breaking the season yet

steph ~ TFiOS ‏@stelena_aus Feb 7
    @julieplec Don'tcha just miss Stelena though? cause I bloody do!
    ps thanks for maintaining Stefan's endless endeavor to try to be & do good

@stelena_aus i do, yes, very much. I also enjoy Delena. I guess that's my point.

o'benson ♔ ‏@ashleysdimples Feb 7
    @julieplec important quetion that i've been dying to get an answer to , will there or will there not be a season 6 ?

@ashleysdimples I can't imagine there won't be

Bianca ‏@biancaflo Feb 7
    @julieplec @ElenaSaves89 vampire show or not, she is a woman who should not be used as a prop to keep Damon from killing. It's demeaning.

@biancaflo @ElenaSaves89 on the contrary, that's the whole point of the conflict in their relationship. What he believes vs what is right.

@stelena_aus you've probably never fallen head over heels for the bad boy. Lucky you. It's brutal.

flavs ‏@mrssmoulder Feb 7
    @julieplec lest forget about the hatred for 1 sec. I just wanna know what did you use Nian's pics on the episode??? Why?? it hurts so bad

@mrssmoulder we use real actor pics all the time. Photo shoots are time-consuming and difficult when shooting pics from the past.

@mrssmoulder 95% of the prom photos were pics from our cast hanging out during the pilot and season one.

mahSa ‏@mahi_atk Feb 7
    @julieplec @mrssmoulder but it was unacceptable to use ian and nina old pics.they are two seperate things

@mahi_atk @mrssmoulder sorry you feel that way

helena. ‏@PDubBestChoice Feb 7
    @julieplec rn its not about my ship but about S who is too selfless+okay with everything&my Elena who became a shadow of herself. Thats sad.

@PDubBestChoice Stefan is moving on and trying to love and support his brother. Sad but beautiful.

stefanian ‏@stefanian76 Feb 7
    @julieplec 2) and i want a season 6 bc i have hope for Elena s return and the fact That damon CAN be saved but for the moment you ruin it

@stefanian76 it's called plot, conflict, and a story arc.

@julieplec That Katherine has pointed everything out about the unhealthy relationship & Elena hasn't seen it for herself is what saddens me.

@ElenaSaves89 guessing you weren't a Buffy-Spike fan. To me, the most frustrating thing was her refusal to let herself care for him.

kimberley. ‏@whatevsmahntvd Feb 7
    @julieplec you can care for someone without sleeping with them.

@whatevsmahntvd well. She slept with him quite a lot while denying she cared.

kimberley. ‏@whatevsmahntvd Feb 7
    @julieplec wasn't that because of the whole sire bond thing?

@whatevsmahntvd I'm talking about Buffy and Spike

Janet ‏@janetlivetravel Feb 7
    @julieplec @ElenaSaves89 I was a HUGE Buffy-Spike fans but Delena is still unhealthy. Look at the way Damon is acting right now, unhealthy.

@janetlivetravel @ElenaSaves89 exactly. Isn't that why they broke up? I think you're arguing with the wrong person.

@janetlivetravel @ElenaSaves89 you can't help who you love. Doesn't mean it's good for you.

Haley Polk ‏@polk_haley 21h
    I honestly have no idea what @julieplec is doing with The Vampire Diaries.

julieplec ‏@julieplec 18h
    @polk_haley are you serious???

@rocksij @janetlivetravel @julieplec Killing people because a girl doesn't want you is more than just physical abuse & murder.

@ElenaSaves89 @rocksij @janetlivetravel which brings is full circle to my original argument: IT'S A VAMPIRE SHOW.

Unless she's saying exactly what they want to hear about each beloved ship, ain't nobody gonna be happy. Which is okay! It means people still care about a show that's in it's fifth season, and that's a win for Plec.

She's in ATL right now to moderate a panel.

Hey Atlanta --- I'm moderating a #tvd panel on Saturday for the Atlanta TV Festival. What are the best questions?

julieplec ‏@julieplec 16h
    Dear @zach_roerig, @Michael_Trevino, @KatGraham and @mkmalarkey. What would you like me to ask (OR PLEASE GOD DON'T DARE ASK) you tomorrow?
    Considering the line-up, I doubt we will get a lot of spoilers out of this crew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X