No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't look like Price will be doing a full recap! SADNESS. But he posted these two screencaps: http://pricepeterson.tumblr.com/post...x23-graduation

The AV Club recap. Carrie gave 4.23 a B: http://www.avclub.com/articles/graduation,97429/

I mean this in the best way I possibly can: This was an exciting, fast-paced hour, full of plot twists and nice character beats, but structurally it was totally scattershot. This is a symptom of trying to fit five pounds of plot in a one-pound bucket, and the strain of that showed a bit here. With all of our favorite dead folks back, there needed to be moments with Stefan and Lexi; Damon and Alaric; Elena, Jeremy, and Alaric, and all of the random crazy supernatural dead folks out for revenge, and at times it felt like too much. It added up to many great, exciting moments—Everything with the hunters! Matt and Rebekah and the bomb! Alaric confronting Connor! Alaric confronting Vaughn! Klaus taking out the witches! Damon and the werewolf venom!—but those moments were forced to be so brief they couldn’t really resonate at all.
    Agree very much.

The love triangle was a mess for most of the season, dragging down the rest of the show into its mire and muck, but the writers made two important decisions here: They took away the question of the sire bond for good (it’s gone), and then they let Elena clearly pick a damn side already. When she chooses Damon—and accepts all of his admitted shortcomings while voicing her own—Elena finally feels like a grownup this season, which is fitting with her transition from high school to adult life.
    Yeah, she really shouldn't visit the FF S&S thread anytime soon.

The idea of Katherine as a human is hilarious because she is the absolute last person who would ever want to be vulnerable like that, but the way the show got there was inelegant at best. The narrative device used here, where the show tricked the audience by purposely leaving out a chunk of information and then flashing back to the moment later to fill it in, is one of my least favorite storytelling devices when done well, and this wasn’t done well. It was clunky and jarring, and sadly unnecessary. So many things happened in this hour that if we did see Stefan giving Elena back the cure, would most people have really remembered it during that fight? It just smacked of too much manipulation for my tastes.
    Valid point. I also thought the whole thing where Katherine decides to kill Elena because Elena has some great life (like what? On what planet is Elena 'lucky'?) was clunky and felt out of character for Katherine. They just needed to get to the showdown somehow and the mechanics of that 'somehow' were not pretty.

Say what, Perez. http://perezhilton.com/2013-05-18-ia...v#.UZgk6CvErB4

Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev kept as much distance between them as possible — including using Mark Pedowitz as a human buffer — at the CW Upfronts presentation this week.

A source revealed that the tension between the two was completely palpable:
    “It was a complete 180 from last year. Last year they looked like any young couple in love, and this time it was all business… They couldn’t wait to get out of there. Ian told the fans he was running late and only stopped to sign one autograph.”

But while the two seemingly avoided each other, arriving and leaving separately, it turns out another lady was given Ian’s attention! One seriously lucky, Nina look-alike fan!

The source added:
    “[Ian] grabbed [the fan’s] face and gave her a kiss on the cheek! It was totally out of nowhere. All of the other girls were really jealous.”
    Hmm, but we thought the former lovers were still bestiez?!
    Let's hope this isn't a reflection of what goes on behind the spotlight.
    It's the fact that the fan was 'a Nina look-alike' which has me lol'ing forevs.

My fave comment on this article is
    Ian kiss fan lucky!
    INDEED.

In the Ian's Girlfriend Thread (where slightly negative stuff is tolerated better) they are tackling feminism because of reasons, and tiptoeing around the possibility that Nina is a BAD PERSON:
    There's the strong and empowered women thing going on right now and the whole my life isn't going to stop revolving because of a guy that is very important to young women these days, maybe she's just overcompensating because she doesn't want anyone to say she's pathetic.

-----

She definitely has her own mind and spirit about things. I think that if she ever moves on from this relationship, Ian's sensitivity and romanticism will be things she'll end up missing and appreciating alot. A lot of woman look for those kind of qualities in their guy.

I think what feminism is doing for women is great but with restrictions. And I know for a fact, that feminism notions that are incorporated in the media are not entirely true or what feminism aims at.

------

No one is saying it's wrong. For me, I don't understand her at the moment right now. I don't understand her actions...tweeting happy, happy, joy joy all of the time while her supposed Ex stands right next to her looking fragile and exhausted, choosing to bring her friends to the after party while Ian goes at it alone, it's all just very confusing to me personally considering the girl might have just ended a three year long relatioship (her first long term one from what we know) where she actually lived with the guy. You would think she would at least be a little more discreet about the whole "i'm really feeling great" thing.

That's what I don't understand. It's not wrong to feel great and go to the beach with your friends but it doesn't necessarily look all that good considering the cirmcumstances of the situation. This is a horrible comparison but...it'd be like Nina going to a funeral of a loved one and then going tweeting about going to the beach with her girlfriends. It just makes her look heartless and I don't understand why she would do that.

And she does see all of Ian's tweets...including the one about him being all alone...isn't it weird to think of her reading her ex's tweets and then just grabbing a photo of her and her friends smiling and happy? Like I just don't understand it in any positive way and I want to understand it positively, but I just can't.

-------
    This is exactly what I mean, of course she wants love, everyone does, it's only human nature and is definitely nothing to be ashamed off, but there is still the stigma out there and maybe she just doesn't want to be "one of those pathetic girls".

What actually made me think of this is I was looking up articles about Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil because I know they broke up and got back together once or twice so I was looking for hope lol, and the articles were all she's devastated and crying all the time and she just came out and basically said shut up I'm perfectly fine I don't need a guy...etc, it's not the same situation of course but who knows what Nina might be thinking?
    Who knows, yes.

Apparently, all of y'all do.

ETA
    Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev 3m
    Made it to the wedding ! Late because of a lil dress drama, but technically on time because the wedding hasn't started. Phew.
    Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev 2m
    Sitting next to the real "originals" @julieplec @msiega at the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. http://say.ly/JRo5QZS
    Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev 56s
    Lisa and @Karenzambos from zambos&siega on my other side. Flanked by the best of the best ... And beautiful! http://say.ly/oCV5R07
    Starting to wonder if she is suddenly tweeting so much banality about her day so that somebody in particular knows what she is up to without having to text him. Like, this is the stuff she would have shared with Ian when they were apart, so now she shares with EVERYONE. (side note- how is it daylight in those pics? at 10PM EST?)
    Last edited by ophy; 05-18-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Katherine taking the cure doesn't make sense because she will just try becoming a vamp again. I was hoping the damn vial breaks and no one takes it. I think they'll go with "we don't know if you can become vampire again" route. Fair enough. I withhold judgement.
      I was talking with my sister today about the finale (she loved it) and mentioned that giving Katherine the cure was stupid because she would just go get revamped and she reminded me "WHO in their right mind is going to revamp her?" which is totally true. She holds no power over them now and there is not one character in MF who is going to want to give her back her vamp abilities or help her in any way.

Comment

• "WHO in their right mind is going to revamp her?" which is totally true.
        They could easily create a vamp that has some diabolical reason to do so.

ETA: How come Nina gets a pass on doing the TVD cons? Ian and Paul are jetting all over the world, squeezing in cons where they can, in a city one day and out the next. Nina gets time to go to a wedding and hang with her GFs?
        Last edited by Q; 05-18-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• How come Nina gets a pass on doing the TVD cons? Ian and Paul are jetting all over the world, squeezing in cons where they can, in a city one day and out the next. Nina gets time to go to a wedding and hang with her GFs?
          Are cons something the network/producers make people do? I always figured that the actors who did them did it for the extra money, the free trip, and (probably mostly) the enormous ego stroke. Maybe that's just not Nina's thing? I could see how it would be overwhelming and some of the inappropriate questions/fan behavior could freak her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jennk View Post
            Are cons something the network/producers make people do? I always figured that the actors who did them did it for the extra money, the free trip, and (probably mostly) the enormous ego stroke. Maybe that's just not Nina's thing? I could see how it would be overwhelming and some of the inappropriate questions/fan behavior could freak her out.
            Exactly. Cons are organised strictly by fans and are not part of the official job. you get extra cash for them.

So, it's a valid point. None of the MF vampire gang would want Katherine vampire again and she'd have to find someone else to turn her which is dangarous and risky. Fair enough.
            sigpic

Comment

• At both Barcelona and Brussels cons when fans thanked him for coming, Ian said something like they had to be there. It was the first time I'd heard him be a tad negative and not all about the LOVE, so it stuck in my brain.

Starting to wonder if she is suddenly tweeting so much banality about her day so that somebody in particular knows what she is up to without having to text him.
              Nina is tweeting every moment of that wedding. In the scenario that Nina broke up with Ian because he wanted to settle down, either she's a thinking a bit about 'what could have been' or she is rubbing salt in the wound. If it's the latter, that is cold girl.

Comment

• Maybe that's just not Nina's thing?
                Yep.

She doesn't seem to be a fan of cons, where people can ask pretty much anything they want and grope you at will. Cons are gross, if you ask me, so I don't blame her. If there were only three cons a year, I'm sure they would be fun and interesting ways for the cast to connect to fans. By the time you do ten or eleven, it's not about connecting with anyone in any real way. You are just being a whore. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nina seems more interested in leaving behind all things Elena and Katherine when she's not filming. Can you imagine spending every wkend of your hiatus answering "who do you think Elena should choose" again and again and again when what you really want to do is hang out on the beach sipping mojitos and not thinking at all? Painful.

Also, by only doing them occasionally, it means she can ask a really high price for the one or two she will agree to do.

you get extra cash for them.
                Apparently, it's a LOT of extra cash, which is why she must not like them if she doesn't do them. I'll bet NateBuzz has made far more from cons than he has from actual TVD guest star money by now.

From that wedding last night:
                Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev 9h
                Representing the Vampires at the wedding.... http://say.ly/yhm5R0i

Nina Dobrev ‏@ninadobrev 7h
                Alix being walked down the aisle: Congratulations Alix and Paul... You are perfect. http://say.ly/lzT5R2s

Post ceremony- Me and Jules... Getting ready to dance!!! http://say.ly/Rrh5R2v

Me and the brand new Mrs!!!!!! http://say.ly/Mqq5R2D

@ninadobrev: @msiega @julieplec foooooood time! #photobomb hahahah http://say.ly/WEe5R2A

julieplec ‏@julieplec 4h
                Went to a perfect wedding w @ninadobrev. Didn't know anyone involved, but by the end of the night I was begging to be part of the family.

julieplec ‏@julieplec 4h
                Meanwhile it just took me 20 minutes to wash my freaking eye-makeup off. Dressing up fancy is not for the lazy, that's for damn sure.
                I still think it's super weird for Nina to be tweeting so much from that wedding.

http://twitpic.com/crlpuz
                http://www.ninadobrev.com/photos/343278?wsref=tw
                http://www.ninadobrev.com/photos/343281?wsref=tw
                http://www.ninadobrev.com/photos/343280?wsref=tw

I would like her raspberry lace dress better if it didn't have that one sleeve. Looks like it fit well, though.

or she is rubbing salt in the wound.
                I like to think it's a wedding Ian was supposed to go to as well, and are his friends, too maybe? so she's trying to be nice and keep him updated without sending him pics and stuff directly.

So that girl Ashley that said she saw Nian being friendly and cheek-kissy at the upfronts party was definitely there (or at least outside of it/in a lobby), She has pics of herself with the cast, including Nian separately: http://csi89grl.tumblr.com/post/5079...ampire-diaries
                http://csi89grl.tumblr.com/post/50792164146

In order to tell this encounter I figured I should give the back story to this. The first picture is of when I met Nina at Upfront’s, at this point in time Vampire Diaries hadn’t aired yet so when she came over she introduced herself to me, seeing as no one knew who she was she wasn’t in high demand so she talked to me for a good ten minutes. When she left I told myself that because she had been so sincere and genuine that I would watch the show for her because I wanted to support her.
                Fast forward to the second photo, aka Thursday Night as she was getting ready to leave my friends and I were calling for her attention I was displaying the photo above and she saw it and came right over. As she was signing the picture I told her what I had felt before at upfront’s on how she had been so sincere, so genuine and down to earth that I wanted to support her, the look in her eyes was so genuine, she placed her hand over her heart and then when I asked for a picture she pulled me into her, not me bringing myself close, but her pulling me into her, you can see how her arm is draped around me. After the photo we pulled each other into a hug and that by far was the best encounter I’ve had with Nina because it hadn’t been just a regular quick snap picture, it had been personal and I stand by what I said before she’s a true sweetheart.
                If there was a way for her to see this post I’d just want to tell her thank you, I wish her all the success in the world because she truly deserves it.
                Thank you Nina.
                Does not look like she was a guest at the party or anything, so she would have just seen glimpses from afar-ish, or when they were passing by her.

From Carina:
                @shaileedshah: @cadlymack I have an important etiquette question for you. Would it be rude to give Ian a gift for himself and then something for Nina too?

@cadlymack: @shaileedshah probably better to just give Nina things for Nina.
                People have always given Ian things to give to Nina in the past so . . .

Apparently, Ian did agree to give Nina something at the Paris con:
                What's the present for Nina? Are you giving it to Ian? A bracelet i made + a letter, and yep Ian will give it to her

I've read your last tweet about the fact that Ian will give your present to Nina! But what did he say? Was he happy? Tell us something I asked him if he could give this to Nina and he said "yes sure i will" and we were smiling at each other.
                What the hell was he supposed to say, though? "Sorry, Nina is spending too much time being awesome and free this summer to accept crappy fanmade gifts from her ex-bf."

I do feel for them, because if they do get back together (which is likely at some point, let's be honest), nobody is going to believe it.

Comment

• I like to think it's a wedding Ian was supposed to go to as well, and are his friends, too maybe? so she's trying to be nice and keep him updated without sending him pics and stuff directly.
                  If he was supposed to go but couldn't because of the Paris con, and they were still on friendly terms, why couldn't she just send him private tweets or e-mail? If he didn't go because of their split then she's being insensitive.

He should start to get over her, and find a hot, eco-warrior, animal loving, philosophy junkie to go have beautiful babies with.

Comment

• Maybe my image of Nina is too squeaky, because I just can't see her waving her happy singledom in Ian's mopey face without good reason. Were there rumors he cheated? That would make more sense to me.

Comment

• There have been (teeny tiny itty bitty) rumors about cheating, but nothing the least bit credible.

If I were Nina, though, I'd be bitter and angry about Ian's level of overcommitment. It's hard to compete with his foundation, and she shouldn't have to. ISF is his mistress!

Speaking of, the con he was supposed to go to next (Moscow) just canceled. The Budapest and Moscow cons were going to be big ISF fundraising ones (and his brother and sister-in-law were going to come to those two to sell B.O.B. stuff) so that's a financial hit. But! Probably good for Ian's health. Now we wait and see if he comes back to the States to see Nina and his cats, or if he stays in Europe even though the cons aren't happening. It would not be surprising if he stayed in Europe with his family and did some vaca things before his movie kicks up production in June.

Comment

• Maybe Nina's (over)tweeting is her true self and she just kept it toned down because she was in a semi-public relationship. Not everything has a secret meaning. I just can't see how her tweeting pics of being a guest in a wedding has anything to do with Ian. Somewhat boring maybe? But not important.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                          Um . . . yeah, what dada said. You definitely watch the show weird if you think that's ooc for Damon. What the hell did you think he was doing for all of the first half of S3?

I thought the Defan scene in 4.23 was perfection, so there. PBBBTH.
                          Defan is 90% Stefan and I am tired of it. Of course you love it because you're a Damon stan. Bottom line - nothing the show has shown has me thinking that Damon would choose Stefan over Elena, ever.

Stilas!!! Yeah, duh. That's an obvious name.

Those Stilas gifs made my day. That will be a fun addition to summer tumblr.
                          Delana fans aren't welcome in the Stilas tag!

Laa . . . I think you should at least give it a try. Watch S1 and see how you feel. Plenty of us don't see the show the same way as linda. (In fact, most people don't). S4 had narrative problems, but I don't think it has disintegrated to the extent GG did (from what I understand). There's a small segment of loud bitter freaks who think TVD has become the worst thing ever, but don't listen to those wackos.
                          Laa, it's nowhere near the level Gossip Girl reached post S5 finale, and it's certainly not the worst thing ever. I *might* overplay how bad certain storylines are just to try and balance the Delena stanning nonsense I have to endure here (having said that, having your heoine robbed of her agency all season and then ending that season proclaiming her love for the person respnosible for stripping her of her free will is all sorts of wrong) It's still enjoyable, just a lot less enjoyable than it was early on.
                          Bitter Shipper

Comment

• The love triangle was a mess for most of the season, dragging down the rest of the show into its mire and muck, but the writers made two important decisions here: They took away the question of the sire bond for good (it’s gone), and then they let Elena clearly pick a damn side already. When she chooses Damon—and accepts all of his admitted shortcomings while voicing her own—Elena finally feels like a grownup this season, which is fitting with her transition from high school to adult life.
                            LOL!

Nothing says, "I've grown up!" like choosing to be with someone whose behaviour disgusts you!

I am sick of this narrative in TV shows, especially those aimed at teenage girls.

I still have massive issues with the sire bond. I hope Damon goes to NO to tell that crazy sired girl to turn it off - is she even still alive? That episode seems years ago.
                            Bitter Shipper

Comment

• He set her free and told her to never think of him again, so I don't think he has to tell her to switch off. Interesting that in all those years we are supposed to believe she never has, though.

Not everything has a secret meaning.
                              HOW DARE YOU SHUT UP.

No, seriously . . . if not everything has a secret meaning to be analyzed, then what the heck am I going to do all summer long? Get actual work done? No, thank you.

A 'Nian doubter' has been on the Ian board just being disagreeable:
                              Sometimes i wonder why fans even bother themselves with discussion
                              When they aka Nian were jsut friends fans were determinate that ian will dump Meghan for Nina sake and even said it to Meghan face multiply times, and despite a lot of reports that Meghan lived and seen in Atl a lot longer then fans think, fans determinate that nian started in 2010
                              Then when their wish supposely come true and Nian supposely were a couple (though both tried to vague deny it) fans even twisted actors words to make it look more real and wrote a long haul fairytale
                              and when break up came fans are sure that break up is not true and Nina exists
                              then why bother to discuss smth
                              when Ian will came out with other girl or Nina with other bf you will write that it is a cover to protect Nian
                              i just don't get it
                              you were eager to believe US mag when they were writing Nian or when they were writing Ian dumped his ex for Nina
                              but when it comes to nian break up u don't trust them
                              it is kinda scary
                              Pretty sure that is linda trolling.

Responses:
                              i dont know it feels like you are feeling sooo bad for us and want to show us the light and make us see the truth ...

its not like we are 5 years old people

if you think there was no Nian ever then its fine its your opinion and we respect that ..but just dont try to make us change our minds by convincing us that ian and nina were never together because it will never work ..ok?

and believe me IF they broke up and we got some REAL evidence of that we will just wish them luck and move on ..we wont cry a river and go die in a corner we are not that naive and stupid be sure of that ok ?
                              Ok!

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                                He set her free and told her to never think of him again, so I don't think he has to tell her to switch off. Interesting that in all those years we are supposed to believe she never has, though.
                                And if he was a good brother to stefan, or cared about Elena's free will, thats what he should have done to Elena also.
                                Bitter Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X