No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly can't believe Bonnie made it this far. I mean, they basically just need a witch a lot, which is the only reason she survived. They LOVE to kill characters off. At least they did in season one.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Also, there are NO happy couples in Mystic Falls right now. None. Zilch. I don't get the people who focus on just one character's perceived injustices, and ignore the fact that EVERYONE in the ensemble is alone and miserable right now. Everyone on the show has lost loved ones. Everyone on the show had had horrible, ridiculously terrible things happen to them. Just because Bonnie doesn't have her own house set, doen't mean OMB THE WRITERS HATE BLACK PEOPLE.

That said? So perfectly okay if they decide to kill her off. But then, I'd be okay with them killing just about anyone off (see exceptions above). The ensemble has honestly gotten too large and unwieldy, and they should do some pruning.

Comment

• I thought about that when dealing with my Alaric sadness. I was like: Eh, more room for Caroline and Klaus!
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yeah, and I was thinking 'now they can afford more guest spots for Elijah!'

JP previews Break On Through here: http://www.vampire-diaries.net/tv-se...-through-ep317

Some additional stuff we haven't seen yet, but nothing spoilery.

As far as character death pruning is concerned at the end of the season . . .

Taking them one by one:

1) Elena
          2) Damon
          3) Stefan - Safe and yet not safe. This applies to all the main three. You can kill them off in a way that is moving and tragic *without* the audience actually believing they are dead for realsies. But you cannot make the audience truly buy their deaths as real deaths. But a not-for-realsies death could benefit the show. Also applies to Katherine.

4) Caroline- Safe.
          5) Matt - Safe. For both of these characters, the show gains nothing by killing them, and the actors are both faves of TPTB. Also, they are dating each other, so they are less likely to be looking for other opportunities outside of ATL. They are pretty lucky to be on a show where they get to work together and not have to be dating long distance. If either of them got a huge movie deal, however, this could change. Or if they split up and didn't want to be around each other.

6) Tyler - Not safe. The opposite is true of Tyler. Killing him could be done in an interesting way that creates new drama for Caroline's character growth. His death could benefit the show. Plus, his serious girlfriend films her show in LA, and they have to commute back and forth to be with each other. He might like to be available for opportunities based in LA.

7) Liz Forbes - Not safe. Again, her death could create drama for Caroline and could possibly benefit the show. Especially if a new sheriff came to town who was less of a vampire sympathizer. Also, her husband used to be a cameraman on TVD, but now works elsewhere.
          8) Carol Lockwood - Not safe.
          9) Ric - A couple of weeks ago, I would have said safe, because Elena has already lost so many parental figures. But obvs now, he is not safe.

10) Sage - Not safe. Duh.
          11) Elijah - Safe. Going out on a limb here considering his other show films in Vancouver, but I don't think JP wants to give up the emotional impact of having Elijah pop up unexpectedly during sweeps months. She adores DG, and he loves being on the show (and is willing to do so on occasion), and there is no benefit to TVD for his character to be killed off.
          12) Klaus
          13) Bex
          14) Finn
          15) Kol
          16) Esther - Not safe. None of the other Mikaelsons above are safe. Not sure how they would manage to kill all of the Originals *except* for Elijah, but I'm sure they could come up with a satisfying way if it served the story.

17) Ha! I actually forgot Bonnie existed. - Probably safe. They would have to hire a replacement witch, if they killed her off, so they probably figure they are better off just keeping her as long as she wants to be there. If nothing else, just to save themselves the shitstorm of disapproval that would follow her death. If she decides she wants to leave, then that changes.
          18) Also forgot Jeremy! - Safe. He's doubly safe if Ric is leaving, because you can't have Elena left there without any family at all. Also, Steve McQueen's girlfriend lives in ATL.
          19) Abby - yawn. Don't care.
          20) Jamie- see above.

Did I leave anyone out?

Beeksus, that really *is* a big cast.

Comment

• So two crazy things happening right now that probably have the producers sweating. The first is that Ian tweeted a pic of the finale script, where you could accidentally read though to the script character page. He deleted it and put up another one where you couldn't but the damage was already done and the original hit ONTD.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...3#t11699821863

The list is:
            Elena/Katherine
            Stefan
            Damon
            Jeremy
            Bonnie
            Caroline
            Matt
            Tyler
            Jenna
            Alaric
            Klaus
            Mayor Lockwood
            Sheriff Forbes
            Elijah
            Rebekah
            Meredith Fell
            Miranda Gilbert
            Grayson Gilbert

+ 1 who i can't read

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz1plJbWwPy
            The other crazy thing is that some entitled doofuses with poor reading comprehension and no ability to detect sarcasm are calling for a TVD boycott this Thursday.

http://signalfire90.tumblr.com/post/...lert-tvdfamily

These people are why we can't have nice things like the genius of Julie Plec.
            Last edited by isadora; 03-21-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Okay, I totally meant to both quote and spoiler tag that list. Sorry!

It won't let me edit at all. Yikes.

KATHERINE. ELIJAH. SQUEEEEEEEE.

Comment

• Elijah! You must be supah excited!

But Jenna!? WHU? That's the only one that throws me for a loop!

Sister, if you post it here I read it? Just don't spoil me for character deaths!

And do you think they will kill The Originals? I mean, that's obvsly the plan (and the always fail at their plans) but what if this one reverses everything that happened this season, like some awful/awesome Dallas rip-off!? Hee!
                Last edited by isadora; 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• I edited your spoiler tags, etc.

Comment

• That entire Twitter thing makes me like Matt Davis so much.

Comment

• Well, we know Elena's parents are in this ep, and they are deader than dead. So maybe Jenna is part of the parental flashback scenes? I've also heard that Jeremy might only be back as part of the flashback, too.

I know there is some concern out there that TPTB might make changes and yank characters now that the list is out there, but that seems doubtful. Only a small number of folks are so obsessed that they are going to find out about this stuff beforehand, and canceling contracts with actors who are booked for an ep the very week that you are supposed to start filming it seems expensive to me.

They could decide last minute not to use Katherine, I guess.

My wish list for the finale includes an Elijah/Katherine scene. BEGGING YOU, PLEC.

Just don't spoil me for character deaths!
                      Well, that's why I didn't tell you about Matt Davis's getting the lead in a pilot!

I don't actually know a thing about any character deaths, or any solid spoilers at all, beyond what I have already shared.

Comment

• Beekdamnit, is! Now you have to spoiler tag the other stuff I wrote, too.

heh.

I hate that the board got hacked. It keeps trying to redirect me to some russian 'female body inspector' site.

Anyway, pretty boys holding hands: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...ranto1_500.jpg
                        and pretty boys looking less than pretty: http://twitpic.com/8z3lhp

Comment

• I'm really sorry! I never get a redirect or anything! I wouldn't even know about this issue if y'all hadn't told me. I wonder why. Maybe if I upgraded everybody to moderator or something?

I just made you a moderator--let me know if you're still having trouble. If so I'll bump you up to administrator and see if that helps. It might be something only "users" are getting so that admins don't notice the problem and thus don't fix it!
                          Last edited by isadora; 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Oooh, super powers!

Now I'm going to go through and close all of the threads of shows that I don't watch, so y'all can't post about GG and Dair anymore. Ha!

It still won't let edit my posts, but no worries. It must be a Chrome issue, I guess.

Comment

• Oooh, super powers!

Now I'm going to go through and close all of the threads of shows that I don't watch, so y'all can't post about GG and Dair anymore. Ha!

It still won't let edit my posts, but no worries. It must be a Chrome issue, I guess.

Comment

• A picture of Ian and Nina's $1000 chairs side by side, and an explanation for why Nina's nickname is Looch: http://twitter.com/#!/thatsmyway_/st...281472/photo/1

Nina's mom has a chair on set too (not a fancy one), and hers reads 'Mama Looch'. Still not seeing why they have to cost so much, though. Maybe he filled them with $875 worth of gluten free snacks, and that's why they were so expensive.

They should go in together, though, and get Paul one for his birthday. It's a little weird and diva-ish otherwise.

Matt Davis tries to address the twitter shitstorm and boycott: http://ernestoriley.tumblr.com/post/...-in-the-living

Kristen's spoiler chat:
                                Remember that time you were torn between two ridiculously hot brothers who were willing to do pretty much anything for you?

No? Never happened? Well, that's pretty much the weekly predicament Elena (Nina Dobrev) finds herself in on The Vampire Diaries (it's hard out there for a vampire muse!), and we can tell you that when the show returns, it's all coming to a serious head. Not to mention, the show's biggest baddest vampire, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) might find himself smack-dab in the middle of another steamy new love triangle!

ThomasJones: Any scenes coming up for Damon and Elena? Stefan and Elena? Any movement on the love-triangle front?
                                According to a very solid source, the Damon-Elena-Stefan love triangle will "blow wide open" when the show returns for its spring run with the "Heart of Darkness" episode. (Yee!) So, Delena and Stelena fans, prepare yourselves for battle! And don't forget: TVD boss Julie Plec teased to us more kissing (for all the characters) in the final episodes than all the previous episodes this season combined.

Molly: What can we expect from Tyler's return? What does it mean for Caroline and Klaus?
                                Tyler makes his return in "Heart of Darkness" with a big sexy scene between him and Caroline. Hope Klaus doesn't find out! No, really. You know how Tyler is all sired to him and everything? That would not end well.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...#ixzz1pr1sFh6I
                                There's a rumor going 'round Ian's Fanforum board that both JoMo and ClaireHo were signed on as regulars for next season. But it was not sourced, so I wouldn't rate that very high on the spoiler-o-meter.

If so, there *has* to be a way by end of season, to either de-magicfy Elena's blood (unlikely), or de-hybrid-army-ability-to-creatify Klaus. Which is more likely. Starting to think the whole 'Esther will make her kids human again' idea isn't so far fetched after all.

Klaus doesn't have to be killed for this season to be chalked up as a win, they just have to get him off Elena's back, and render him as much a non-threat as possible. If they can't kill him, can't save anyone from him, and he's still heavily invested in Elena's future by the time the finale is over, then our team looks like a bunch of nincompoops.

Comment

Working...
                                X