No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh. If Nian is single, she can do whoever she wants to do and I wouldn't think less of her. Especially if Ian reacted as ''I love everything and everyone' as Q predicts. They're young and rich and beautiful and shit happens. That The CW carries on The WB tradition of dating your co-stars actually warms my unclassy heart.

Comment

• I can't really seeing that happen at all!

Mostly because Paul looks at Nina like she's an annoying younger sister he loves dearly . . . but who he also doesn't think about very often unless she's right there in front of him. Never saw anything sparkish there at all between them in any real life interactions. I think Paul, unlike Ian, is more into women who are women, not women who are still girls.

Comment

• I think Paul, unlike Ian, is more into women who are women, not women who are still girls.
        Totally OT, but I think this was the #1 reason why RLTL did not work out during LONDON, OMG!

As little as I think of Nina (sometimes), I think she's above that
        Dude, empires have fallen over somebody believing that a 23 yr old was above any sort of dumbassery.

Comment

• Originally posted by IssieCol View Post
          Dude, empires have fallen over somebody believing that a 23 yr old was above any sort of dumbassery.
          The Truth but more importantly I think Paul values his relationship with Ian and he wouldn't do that no matter how zen Ian is suppose to be! LOL I just thinking about their quoted answer about their friendship " bros before ho's" takes on a new meaning after the divorce announcement!

Comment

• As little as I think of Nina (sometimes), I think she's above that and Paul has too much respect for Ian.
            I don't get your judgment of Nina in this context. I mean, feel free to hate on who you want but I need reasons!

Ian makes me eyeroll all day with his hippie schtick though I do give him props for using his fame and beauty to support noble causes. I do think it would be easy for him not pay attention to the world so I give him props for trying to get past his own youthful beauty--this sounds meaner than I intend. He started out boy model pretty and he has worked it to great advantage to extend his career. He's done very well for himself with middling acting chops (that's right: I said it).

I think Nina probably is shallow and young and silly. Just my guess based on who she spends her free time with and where she goes (totally judging the Ryan Seacrest connection, tbh). But I think she's fairly normal for her age and money and fame. She likes to wear bikinis and get drunk and flirt with cute boys on the beach and I see nothing wrong with that. She seems like she's sort of sweet to people she meets but isn't consumed with the TVD fandom thing because it's creepy. It's SO CREEPY and I can't blame her a tiny bit for avoiding it. Also, she's just sort of irrevocably Canadian, you know? Like in her bones.

And I think Paul is pretty but takes himself a little too seriously and probably thinks he's above the material. I don't think he is though I do think he's one of the best actors of the long-term cast. He probably doesn't love it but that con money is impossible to turn down is my guess.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Word to all of that, isadora.

Also, we don't really know what these people are like beyond their public personas. I hate when fans say stuff like, "so and so is above that kind of behavior." They are just regular young people living their privileged lives. I know that if I were young, rich, and attractive, I would do whatever the hell I wanted. And probably be super slutty, just because I could. Everything Nina has been doing is normal for her age, and I like her more because of it.

ETA: I don't think Nina and Paul have anything going on, but I know people are going to say that because of the timing.
              Last edited by jennchum; 07-31-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Your trio assessment, isadora? Seems entirely fair and valid to me.

Top to bottom, I agree with you on all points.

As far as judging Nina is concerned, I would judge both Nina and Paul big time if they did something crazy dumb together. So self-destructive! Julie would have every right to smack them upside the head. I don't care how hippy dippy Ian is, that's just asking for turmoil. They already work so hard to make a decent show, I don't know why any of them would want to make it that much more difficult to stay professional.

I'd say the same of anyone involved in a weird office sex triangle. Your own life, sure! The workplace? Grow the fuck up and get your jollies elsewhere.

Like I said previous, I don't see a chance in hell of that happening anyway . . . so it's kind of moot. But yes, I'd side-eye the whole lot of them.

<----- spent way too much time working in office environments with 20 somethings who liked to fuck each other and it was ANNOYING as hell for me as a manager.
                Last edited by ophy; 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Ack!

This gifset from a con in June is pretty poignant (Paul and Torrey did a joint panel and one of the fans had a tattoo that said 'Paul and Torrey'): http://b-pauline.tumblr.com/post/569...-a-tattoo-that

Comment

• <----- spent way too much time working in office environments with 20 somethings who liked to fuck each other and it was ANNOYING as hell for me as a manager.
                    HA! I feel you on that one. I am managing a beach bar this summer while I am off from school, and I feel like I'm managing the grotto at the Playboy mansion. They are ridiculous. VERRAY high drama.

Comment

• I'm HORRIFIED by the idea of that tattoo. It might be in the top 10 creepiest/weird fan tatts ever.

Though I am considering a Winona & Johnny 4Ever one.
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                        As far as judging Nina is concerned, I would judge both Nina and Paul big time if they did something crazy dumb together. So self-destructive! Julie would have every right to smack them upside the head. I don't care how hippy dippy Ian is, that's just asking for turmoil. They already work so hard to make a decent show, I don't know why any of them would want to make it that much more difficult to stay professional.
                        I'd say the same of anyone involved in a weird office sex triangle. Your own life, sure! The workplace? Grow the fuck up and get your jollies elsewhere. But yes, I'd side-eye the whole lot of them.
                        My exact feelings on the matter!

My feelings on the trio differs slightly but I don't really like anyone under 30 and for men 35 especially when young, rich and famous but that's just me. Sounds weird I know since I like celeb gossip but it's more about how the people react to their fame and what they do as a result! Now I love all people of all ages but Nina's newly acquired BFF'S makes me head hurt!

Comment

• (waits for Issie to get her DK+TheJ tat)

Comment

• In Brussels Torrey and Paul were constantly together and seemed very happy.. Paul arranged it for Torrey to come because the last minute cancel of Ernesto. Paul en Nina didn't like each other at all the first 2 seasons. I do agree with Ophy on this, but one part of me also likes the drama. But I don't see it happen, Paul seems a serious and pretty quiet guy, not at all into partying and stuff. Nate and Ian went out a lot in Brussels, Paul didn't. But who knows, opposites attract?

Comment

• Paul en Nina didn't like each other at all the first 2 seasons.
                              What makes you say that? In all the stuff I have seen(most everything) they seem very friendly and happy.

Comment

• (waits for Issie to get her DK+TheJ tat)
                                That's on the list after my Mark of the Behr handprint, obvs. I have PRIORITIES.

Comment

Working...
                                X