• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophy
    replied
    Some S7 spoilers from Dries and Plec:

http://tvline.com/2015/06/30/vampire...ters-lesbians/

Vampire Diaries: Lethal Lesbians Among Season 7's New Blood
    TVLine has learned that three new vampires will be thrown into the mix when the CW drama returns (Oct. 8, 8/7c), including the show’s first same-sex couple. (Note: This is all based on preliminary casting intel. It’s still early, so the particulars of any or all of these roles are subject to change.)

First up are Nora and Mary Louise, a dangerous duo of down-low lovers with murderous tendencies. The vampires, both turned in their mid-20s, have kept their relationship a secret for more than a century, and although their connection is clear to those able to infiltrate their inner circle, Mary Louise’s constant doting can sometimes feel a bit smothery for fiery Nora’s liking. Still, anyone foolish enough to cross either of them will feel both their wraths.

In addition to the aforementioned twosome, we’ll also be meeting Valerie, another 20-something vampire who relies on her dry sense of humor to counter a life of pain and dismissal. She’ll encounter someone who helps her remember the happier, free spirit she once was — and she’ll do whatever it takes to keep him in her life.

Nora and Mary Louise are obviously spoken for — by each other — but it sounds like Valerie could potentially mix it up with one of Mystic Falls’ many eligible bachelors. (And by “many,” I mean the recently-widowed Alaric and the perpetually-single Matt. After all, we’re not counting Damon as single… right?)

Yeah, I think Valerie's love interest will probably be Damon.

But what the hell with the lesbian vampires keeping their relationship secret? What fucking year is this, anyway? (and why would vampires care about human morality bullshit? THAT IS DUMB.)

Also, Plec claimed in a different article that S7 will be Caroline focused:

Okay.

Clearly they are hitting the 'stories about GIRLS' note right now because people responded so poorly to Julie saying that people would tune in just for Ian's blue eyes and phone book reading skills.

However, the TVD SDCC bags for this year show the actual focus:

Hoo boy, that's fugly.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    When it was the networks biggest show I could see them getting covers etc but now with just over a million viewers it's been superseded by The Flash, Arrow and even Supernatural has overtaken it. It was the same at the Upfronts; previously Nina and Ian had always been in the centre and everything else rotated around TVD, this year they seemed a little pushed off to the side. And the CW isn't going to try and promote a pairing that has now sunk. (The Originals have even less viewers)

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Those are the kinds of polls that D/E and TVD used to dominate. No more!

As you can imagine, the DE Army was not happy at all. Even the Delena rainkiss barely registered.

ETA

Signs are everywhere . . .

NOBODY CURR ANYMORE.
    Last edited by ophy; 06-30-2015, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Kai won the Best Baddie awards for E! http://uk.eonline.com/news/671485/be...he-winners-are
    Delena's dance also won but Nina didn't for the Star You'll miss the Most.
    Derek Hough also won in his category.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    He didn't exactly shed it! (Luke not Shawn, btw). They hinted that there was still a sociopath Kai underneath all the Luke compassion in the ep where they go to 1903 . . . and then according to Chris' interviews, Bonnie's betrayal brought out all that revenge-y anger and turned him full socio once more. I don't think he shed Luke, I think he just buried him deep.

And personally, I think that was also one of the reasons why he made sure to get Lilly's blood/become a vampire as well . . . so he would be able to switch off the Luke-ish humanity after killing his whole family and getting revenge on Bonnie, Damon, and Elena. Becoming a vamp was the only way to avoid having his Luke side pop up again to make him feel remorse about the Red Wedding.

Leave a comment:

• SW1237
    replied
    Did I miss the part where Kai shed his part Shawn gooodness?

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I am not looking forward to S7, I think the whole Elena a sleep thing is just awful and I can not see that season being very good.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    10 episodes into S3 for me - you can see the decline in quality from one episode to the next about there. The length of time they are going to drag this out for we will end up with geriatric vampires - there is not enough makeup in the world to have 40+ year old men playing teens and early twenties

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I'd prefer the show ended at the end of S4.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Okay, it's funny that we were just talking about Price wanting to write tv, because MTV picked up his latest animated show, Fancy Bastards:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nimated-796690

The premise centers on nine redheaded kids in Vegas that find out Prince Harry is their real dad (from a crazy night he had there, apparently). He's also one of the exec producers, along with Kristen Schaal. I love Kristen Schaal.

I guess this means he will stop doing TVD recaps again. Rebecca Serle also decided she would be too busy being a real author to do any more TVD recaps for Vulture. Add that to the SBH being torn down, and man, the universe really wants everyone to just pretend the show ended at S6, right?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Considering that Julie responded to his tweet of the recap with three hearts . . . well, she does love Price bunches and bunches, so that could always happen. He is RL besties with Carina and the former showrunner of The Secret Circle, and they all run in the same dorky LA TV writers gang that gather at Julie's house for charades and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Wow, Price wants to work for Julie REAL BAD.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Price's finale recap: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-143164283940/

“I'm Thinking of You All the While” was a devastating, effortlessly beautiful finale, and arguably the most important and meaningful finale in TVD history. That it caps off Season 6 just cements this season's status as the best-written and most consistent TVD season yet. It was the perfect way to send Dobrev off on a high note, and it was also the perfect way to make me SO JEALOUS. Why don't *I* get to sleep for 60 years? Ugh, Elena gets all the best things.

Yeah, just a lot of heartfelt, teary goodbyes, all of them excellent. I love when this show seems to remember what made it special in the first place. While the absolute worst part of this show has always been the shippers who cannot look past their ship to enjoy the bigger picture, I think this episode provided a fond farewell not just to Elena, but to the love triangle itself. I appreciate that Elena had meaningful relationships with both brothers, but please rest in hell, love triangle. If Nina Dobrev's departure from TVD has a silver lining, it's that children will hopefully stop signing up for social media accounts to engage in shipper wars. Yeah, I said it. WAR IS OVER! (If you want it.)

It's never over. NEVER.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    It also lines up for if they do finish TVD in S7 then maybe Julie and Co can convince Nina to do her George Clooney moment with Nurse Hathaway (I'm 50 50 on her going for that). Amusingly at the Upfronts one of the network execs hinted that they could carry on past S7 as they have done with Supernatural - did anyone never let him know that vampires don't age. Ian is beginning to look like the oldest 25 year old ever.

The ratings were up last night but still considerably lower than the S6 finale and also the S7 opener - probably a lot of extra people tuned in to see Ninas final episode. I am betting they are going to hit less than 1m viewers by episode 6 next year - not just because of Elena but there are now so many incidental characters that no one cares less about - enzo and Lily immediately and characters that people related to such as Jeremy have all gone. Killing Kai might just have been a mistake as CW added a lot to this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X