No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1990s is the only thing I like about this season. And Kai. And, yes, KILL ALL THE WITCHES to make Kai the most amazeballs villain ever.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I am actually enjoying this season more than the previous two. Minus the pointless Delena stuff. I mean seriously is this just another way to say see they are meant to be together because their love can even get past the compulsion. Eye roll.

Comment

• I love Kai! In a "I love to hate him" kind of way. This season is definitely better than season 5 so far and maybe even better than the second half of season 4.
        sigpic

Comment

• When Kai was sucking up all the Traveler magicks through the dirt, I was cheering on the inside. BIG EVIL YES.

This ep was moderately enjoyable. Was on board with how morally flexible Liv is about trussing up her sister and forcing her to do something dangerous with a psycho, but I don't get at all why it's so frakkin important that this Gemini coven that we care nothing at all about gets a freaking twin merged leader. Are we supposed to care? Do Dries and Plec think we care? We've spent loads of time getting to know and be invested in Kai and his agenda, but why the hell should we care about these dumb witches we don't really know at all? Such a weird narrative choice, I think.

But hey, I'm glad it led to magic being allowed back into Mystic Falls. I had missed the SBH.

Loved seeing the gals as high school babies, that was sweet. They do not make believable fifteen yr olds, but that is okay. Everything Bonnie made me a tiny bit teary in this ep.

That Defan scene felt like it should have felt like something, but meh. I can't shake the feeling that Paul and Ian are just going through the motions this season.

The other thing that is inexplicable . . . are they not even going to *try* to cure Liz with vamp blood? Bitch please. This ranks right up there with Jo saying she can't cure any more vamps of being vamps after Alaric got cured because reasons.

Price's recap: http://origin.www.tv.com/shows/the-v...-141833482733/

So there was this quick bit in the promo for next January's ep (which is chock full of Kailena, apparently):

Hopefully when they edit that ep they will take out the frames where Elena is looking at Kai like she likes him a bit too much.

Contrast that with how she was looking/not looking at Damon when *he* was touching her face:

Nina! You are getting things all mixed up, darlin'.

Last edited by ophy; 12-13-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Nina seems downright repulsed in her scenes with Ian this season! It is kinda giving me life.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Well, and even if it's true that vampire blood can't cure cancer (why not????) they could always turn Liz into a vampire.
              sigpic

Comment

• UGH, I hope they offer and she declines. NO MORE VAMPIRES.

Comment

• I am glad to see I am not the only one who LOVED when Kai sucked up all the traveler magic and I am happy they are allowed back to Mystic Falls. I am not sure about why vamp blood can not cure cancer, I mean if it can make you immortal, how can it not cure cancer and yes I agree if she is so sick, just turn her into a vampire and problem solved. I agree they are investing on building up this Gemini coven thing and I do not care about them or have any investment in them. I do not really like the characters Liv, Luke and Jo, they are just ok to me, not really invested in their futures either. I am hoping finally Bonnie will come home now that Kai has magic, as then maybe they will need a Bennett witch. The scenes from January make me hope they are going to give Elena a new Love interest. I mean if Ian is the hold out, that would be a perfect way to keep the show for more seasons and get rid of him.

Comment

• belvatore? WTF does that mean, o?

Comment

• belvatore? WTF does that mean, o?

What are you talking about, dude? Where did you see 'belvatore'? The only thing it brings to mind for me is some kind of bizarro Bella Swan/Salavtore Bros sandwich, and ain't nobody wanna see that.

Comment

• It's a Tumblr tag that appears to feature people who ship Damon and Bonnie and Stefan and Caroline. I don't understand the portmanteau. Perhaps "bel" is like "Bye Elena"? Heh, I DO NOT KNOW.

Comment

• For all you Kailena shippers, a little AU:

(source: http://bigbadvampire.tumblr.com/post...with-compelled)

Comment

• Look, I like Steroline just as much as the next guy, but NOOOOOOOOOPE.

Of all people, Plec should know better.

http://www.eonline.com/news/617265/w...acey-and-joey?

re Stefan and Caroline the new Pacey and Joey? If you're a TV fan, you definitely know this is a big deal. Huge. And you've also probably made the comparison before, as Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) on The Vampire Diaries are definitely following in the iconic footsteps of Dawson's Creek's Pacey (Joshua Jackson) and Joey (Katie Holmes).

But does the woman who actually worked on both shows (and both relationships) see and welcome the comparison between the two couples?

"Absolutely, I welcome them," the CW hit's executive producer Julie Plec, who worked onDawson's Creek, tells E! News. "I welcome them."

in fact, it's a comparison she saw before the fans even noticed that there might be something growing between Stefan and Caroline, his former girlfriend Elena's (NIna Dobrev) BFF. (Sorry, Elena, you are the Dawson in this scenario!)

"I remember the day that I knew it was a friendship that was meant to grow and grow and grow and see if we could go anywhere with it," Plec says, "And that was episode two of season two." Fans will remember that is the episode in which Stefan helped Caroline with her transition into becoming a vampire.

But will Stefan and Caroline's friendship eventually take a turn for the romantic? If Pacey and Joey's journey was a slow-burn, the Vampire Diaries' pair's has been a glacial one.

"I think that they're going to be rooted in a deep, deep friendship," Plec says. "And so it's really just a matter of can that friendship turn romantic or not?"

Although, I do buy Elena as the Dawson, that's fair.

The people in the comments are not amused.

Comment

• Price recap! for 6.11:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-142196871186/

Comment

• I love a good Drakkar Noir joke!

Finally got to watch this today and had the following thoughts: I completely forgot Elena can't remember her love of Damon. Heh. Doesn't seem to be slowing the writers down, tho, does it?

So, a vampire bite can't cure cancer? Sure, okay. It can literally stitch up severed organs but repairing a few cells is impossible. Sounds legit. Also, I couldn't help but think that If Sheriff Forbes knew what Damon did to Caroline? OMG. She would stake him. So their friendship has always been weird for me. In other news, Sheriff Forbes looked super pretty this episode.

This show has somehow made Steroline totally boring and weird? And Stefan just seems bored and surly? I'm guessing that's actor personality creeping in? That, and listless writing. That said, Our New Boyfriend is the ONLY person not phoning it all in!

I didn't get what was going on plot-wise but Christopher Wood seemed to just be having a great time and relished the insanity of his character. He might be the only reason I'm still watching this season. That said, it would have been awesome if he needed her blood for a valid reason and then tortured her just for fun.

And the heart eyes! JFC, Nina Dobrev is the worst actress. She wet her panties when he rubbed his thumb on her face and I was like: Um, I'm just gonna take this as more evidence for how effed up Elena is and let Nina off the hook,

I guess. And her BIZARRE "prank" on Damon at the end? Wow that was weird as hell.

I LOL'd at Kai's Rikki Lake reference.

Enzo is such a bore. Wow, if he's getting screen time still just by being a charming actor/human? Then Christopher Wood is the big bad for the rest of the series unless Ian has THAT MUCH pull with the network.

Comment

Working...
                                X