No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Stefan is only kinda sorta there, you know? He's not driving anything, he's just along for the ride, and that seems weird. He has ZERO to do with The Big Bad this season. He hasn't even met Kai yet, that's how out of touch with everything his character has become.

But there's still something comforting and inevitable about Steroline . . . and as long as D/E is holding the whole show prisoner,there's really no other 'good enough' option for Stefan's romantic endgame. Maybe that's not an exciting reason to ship something, but it's what we've got.

Well, it's probably quite peaceful for Paul to do 95% of his scenes with only Candice. He barely has to think about it or try at all.

Kai was great. He continues to be the most interesting person on the show.

Yeah, people are really waking up to this fact. Only the Nianists want him dead and gone, and that's for selfish reasons.

Everyone else is begging JP daily to keep him forever.

It might not be up to them, though. If *too* many people realize just how good he is, JP and co might lose him to a better show next season.

In which case, they need to hope Woodbrev becomes such a major thing that Our New Boyfriend doesn't want to leave His New Girlfriend.

Price's dad passed away the morning after last week's ep, so we are not getting a recap for 6.12.

6.13: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-142317565139/

But at this point we're all savvy enough to know that if a villain is on a TV show long enough, it's only a matter of time before the redemption arc begins. I think we all had reason to expect this would happen to Kai, one of TVD's all-time great villains, if only due to how incredible Chris Wood's performance has been. His charisma is off the charts, guys. I really want him to become a permanent addition to the show, but I've wondered whether that could happen when he was also such an awful guy. Leave it to TVD to devise the coolest and weirdest way possible to redeem in the quickest, least predictable way: He's now part-Luke, so anything good he does can be attributed to that. It's like Kai got to leapfrog the whole "I've learned a valuable lesson about friendship" situation that most villains have to experience before turning nice, and instead we get to have all these fun scenes about a sociopath crying for the first time. Ugh, so so awesome.

I love it when Price and I agree completely.

Price also agreed that the D/E cupcake scene was gross, btw.

And he agrees that the Enzo side plot is boring and awful.

And he agrees that a bi Kai would be awesome.

He gave the D/E the amount of attention they deserve, which is hardly any. #hero
    Last edited by ophy; 02-06-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• I forgot to mention how much I liked the violence of the Liv/Kai fight! It was totally gross and the kind of brutality that you'd expect siblings to show! Ha!
      It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• It was totally gross and the kind of brutality that you'd expect siblings to show! Ha!

Yes! Very much so. It was like watching me and my younger brother all over again.

Okay, maybe not exactly.

Josh Butler, who is directing 6.17, posted a vine from filming:

https://vine.co/TheJoshuaButler

And some enterprising Twitter peeps captured screenshots:

Jane Bennz @JaneBenn333
        · 2h2 hours agoSnagged another still of @ChristophrWood as Kai... not that easy!

So it looks like Kai is going to be scruffy and in a sweatshirt and eating at the diner. So . . . this hobo-esqueness is really Kai's new look?

Hmmmm. I still prefer smoothbabyKai.

But I guess they have to communicate 'depression because feelings' somehow.

And the production folks say they had to make it snow in Mystic Falls for 6.17:

It kinda looks like *maybe* that is Kai and Bonnie. Hard to tell at this distance, though. #BonKai is the next step on Redemption Blvd, so that would be on schedule.

ETA Oh! forgot to mention that the new character is playing Mama Salvatore, which makes sense, because we were told we'd see a young Damon in a flashback at some point this season. But! She's also been filming a lot with Ian, so people are speccing that maybe Mama Salvatore is a vampire because why not. I think that's solid spec, b/c she's been filming more than one ep. She definitely was filming 6.15, and now she's filming 6.17. I guess everyone's dead mom comes back as a vampire eventually. #Isobel

This is what she looks like:

ETA2 No wait, that can't be Bonnie and Kai, b/c Kat hasn't been in ATL all week. Might just be Chris with a crew member, or two crew members.
        Last edited by ophy; 02-07-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• So we probs won't get any Kai in the next ep, but it will be chock full of Steroline.

Reminder, this is the synopsis:

So basically, Enzo nonsense, dead/dying parents, and Steroline.

Stills from 6.14:

This is great:

Caroline wanting a June wedding with Stefan the first time she met him is one of the things I like about this ship. It was both fast and really really really slow.

Kai will be back for sure in 6.15:

“Let Her Go” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER JULIE PLEC MAKES HER DIRECTORIAL DEBUT — After assigning tasks to each of her friends, Caroline (Candice Accola) attempts to deal with her current situation as reality begins to set in around her. While spending the day with Caroline, Elena (Nina Dobrev) grows concerned when she starts noticing a strange change in her behavior. Meanwhile, Alaric (Matt Davis) becomes wary when Kai (guest star Chris Wood), who has begun experiencing unexpected consequences from the merge, turns to Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe), desperate for her help. Elsewhere, while Bonnie (Kat Graham) finds herself in an unfamiliar situation, Matt (Zach Roerig) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) contemplate a major life change. And when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) offers Caroline advice on how to cope with everything going on around her, it forces him to revisit painful memories involving his own mother. Paul Wesley also stars. The episode was written and directed by Julie Plec (#615). Original airdate 2/19/2015.

Comment

• Yep, sounds like Mama Salvatore is some kind of something . . .

http://tvline.com/2015/02/09/annie-w...mpire-diaries/

VAMPIRE DIARY | Of her upcoming arc onVampire Diaries (launching Feb. 19), meanwhile, Wersching “can’t say too much,” beyond her character’s name, Lily. Even the seemingly benign question, “Is she good, bad or in between?” is met with a tantalizing “all of the above.” Wersching is aware there has been “a lot of speculation” about how Lily might fit into the larger mythos, but for right now all she can confirm is, “She absolutely has an agenda” in present day Mystic Falls.

So our choices are doppelganger, witch, or vampire, I guess.

Comment

• Of course, they pranked SMQ.

http://www.eonline.com/news/622772/h...n-with-a-prank

"I wouldn't dare kill Jeremy; I think that would be all forms of cruelty," executive producerJulie Plec tells E! News. "But I do think that he's a man now, he's not a little kid anymore and he's got to live his life. It's time for him to get started doing that."

But will there be closure for "Beremy" before he goes?

"I can't say that Bonnie ever really has closure with anyone, you know what I mean?" Graham tells E! News. "She kind of just ups and leaves and does her own thing whenever she wants to [laughs]. But, I will say that it definitely does get addressed. I won't say that it doesn't."

McQueen's last day of shooting on the CW show is one that Graham will always remember...because the whole cast played a prank on him!

"There's actually this really cool video," Graham says. "We videotaped it, so I think they're going to release it really soon. We jumped out and surprised him while he was shooting his scene and it was super fun. I mean, it felt like a celebration of such a great, momentous moment, a culmination of all these years that we had all spent together with him. And he was somebody who always brought such silliness and young fun energy to the set. He will be deeply missed."

And though she couldn't reveal exactly what was coming up for Bonnie now that she's speeding off toward Nova Scotia to access Qetsiyah's (Janina Gavankar) magic that is hidden in Silas' (Paul Wesley) headstone (season four callback!), Graham did tease that some big stuff is coming on the show.

"It's going to be a really cool season for everyone," Graham says. "There are some really intense things that happen and some new kind of shocks in this kind of work."

No Beremy shippers exist. ZERO. This was a no brainer ship to end. Good luck, SMQ.

Comment

• And though she couldn't reveal exactly what was coming up for Bonnie now that she's speeding off toward Nova Scotia to access Qetsiyah's (Janina Gavankar) magic that is hidden in Silas' (Paul Wesley) headstone (season four callback!), Graham did tease that some big stuff is coming on the show.

I really had no idea that's why Bonnie was headed to Nova Scotia. I swear I get done watching this show and have absolutely no idea what happened.

Comment

• I am so glad Jeremy is leaving. I feel like his usefulness went away as soon as Elena became a vampire. If Tyler and Enzo would go away it would be awesome. Tyler has always been the worst character.
                  I am really interested in all this Mama Salvatore stuff although I hate that it is Damons story. I miss the days when Stefen played a bigger role. Now he's just there and pretty boring.
                  Its amazing how much I dislike Damon now. I wish he was in 1994 this whole season.

Comment

• Things I liked about 6.14:

-- Damon and Liz

Hardly a truer line has been said on this show than Liz saying she was a terrible sheriff because her best friend was responsible for half her open cases. A little too cavalier about the serial killing, Liz!

--- Liz's goodbye was very nicely done, I guess.

--- how fast Elena got stoned off half a joint. So much for vampire metabolism.

--- how beautifully lit the Steroline kiss was:

Like they were bathed in golden honey, but not in a sticky way.

Oh, Stefan. So wrong.

-- how poorly lit the D/E 'kiss' was:

So murky. So awk. Like they were bathed in awkward murk.

What I didn't like:

--- everything else

--- lack of Kai. *sob*

On to 6.15, I guess. Yay, funerals.

And there is this to look forward to in the second half of S6:

[http://www.tvguide.com/news/vampire-...my-postmortem/

What about Enzo and Sarah?
                    Plec: Enzo has this whole master plan that you can say is smart or dumb depending on where you stand on it. [Sarah is] going to throw him for a loop when she finally comes face to face with him again and he'll be surprised with her reaction to the fact that he's of some supernatural origin. [His plan] is not going well for him at the moment. Enzo is a guy deeply rooted in loyalty and we still haven't scratched the surface as to why and why Stefan's betrayal of Damon in Enzo's mind was so profound it makes Enzo want to go out of his way for sport to do things that will mess up Stefan's life. One of the things we do in the final chapter of this season ... is to start exploring the backstory of Enzo.
                    Oh. Well . . . if we have to, I guess.

Stills:

Loooove Elena's hair here. Makes her look much younger.

Caroline's hair is even better!

Oh, if only those cops realized they were standing behind a whoooooole bunch of murderers.

Last edited by ophy; 02-13-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• I was straight up bawling out loud by the time Liz died.

WHY MUST LIZ DIE WHILE TYLER STILL LIVES?!

The Steroline kiss was pretty.

I have no idea if anything else even happened.

Comment

• Price's 6.14 recap:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-142378016257/

Comment

• Oh, good. Everybody is clamoring for more Enzo.

So glad they bothered to bring Ric back. He has so much to do.
                          It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I really over the Liz and Steroline stuff. I thought it was well done and gave me early VD season feelings.
                            I am also wondering why they brought Ric back. His role is pretty much nonexistant which I hate. I am glad Jeremy is gone but also left open to return for final episode.
                            Enzo, Sarah, Tyler and Matt just need to go away. Boring. Give me more Kai and Jo please.
                            Last edited by SW1237; 02-15-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• I am also wondering why they brought Ric back.

Pretty sure they only brought Ric back for Matt Davis reasons. He needed a paycheck, his bffs are all in ATL, and Julie is a big ol' softie.

I would not be at all surprised if Malarkey, Davis, and Chris weren't all three being considered for Julie's new show Cordon. Not that all three would necessarily go over to it, but that she's probably considered it for each of them individually because she just can't let go of her faves.

As far as the dumb Enzo storyline is concerned, I guess they are trying to salvage it two ways . . . forcing us to care b/c Enzo's tragic backstory reasons, and also by having Sarah Salvatore *surprise* him with her response to his dark vampiric mysteriousness Pretty sure they are going to flip it around so that she ruins him instead of the other way around. Or they are just trying to redeem him by having fall in lurve, as per the usual route of doing a watered down D/E story. Neither of those sound super interesting. I honestly don't know how they can really save this from being a low point of S6.

More importantly, I wish we knew the deets of Chris' current contract. He's obviously only signed for a certain number of eps and can't be in all of them, but it would make a big difference if he only has two eps left for his arc post 6.17, or if he has four, or whatever.

Oh! and what the hell are they going to do with Tyler now that his whole storyline of being Liv's bf is over? He's got nothing else.

Last edited by ophy; 02-15-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• TVLine asked Julie to keep a photo diary of directing tonight's ep:

http://tvline.com/gallery/vampire-di...os/#!1/tvd-05/

"Salvatore House slumber party"

Is that Trevino on the floor? Candice and Tyler have had like, zero interaction in helluva long time.

Well, this one with the pancakes is pretty spoilery.

Nothing the least bit Kai-ish, so wevs.

Comment

Working...
                                X