Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isadora
    replied
    I was unmoved by Deremy because so what? Meh.

It's a little weird that guilt over his father's murder would make him go ripper--seems like the opposite might be true? Eh, wevs. I'll roll with it because STEFAN'S FACE.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Also, what was with the white feathers? What a weird scene.
    DUDE.

I don't have a feathers gif, so I'll just link to the scene itself: http://youtu.be/HEfT54Qi9o0

When Bonnie showed Elena she was a witch in S1, she floated feathers all around her.

The Stelena stuff was interesting, with the Stefnesia twist, but it didn't really move me much (big surprise). Did love Steroline, obvs. I liked the twist where the 'Ripper' wasn't actually as big a part of Stefan's physiology as we had thought, but! I kinda think it's lame that it's tied to his burden of guilt and whatnot. Makes him seem like a wus.

I got a *little* teary at the Deremy hug, and that whole scene, but wasn't very emotional about anything until the Bonnie funeral. Gah. I wept like a BABY.

And now Caroline is going to have a VampJesse on her hands! It's her turn to raise a baby vamp, I guess.

Anyway, S5 is shaping nicely, I think. Snappy and solid.

Last edited by ophy; 10-24-2013, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    This episode was a bounty for those of us who are fans of Stefan's face!

So much STELENA! So much STEROLINE! Lots of plot movement and stuff like that.

Caroline's school boyfriend is so hot.

Also? Will the actress that plays Bonnie seriously just stand around all season until they break The Other Side? The fact that there is already an "out" of this plot undercut the grief. So much pretty crying during the Bonnie death scene, especially galling because Bonnie is not afraid to Ugly Cry!

Also, what was with the white feathers? What a weird scene.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Originally posted by Linda View Post
    My OTP is Bamon.
    Just like most book readers! Linda, are you hiding something from us?

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    My OTP is Ghost!Bamon, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied
    Terrible actor, boring character. I resent him having any screen time.

I ship Stefan with everyone apart from Bonnie. Didn't love the Stebekah last season but I did enjoy their scenes in early S3.

My OTP is Bamon.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Anti-Delena, anti Forwood, anti Matt-screentime.
    I can totally understand and appreciate your anti-ship arguments, but what has poor Matt done to earn your ire?

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Linda defines herself by the things she hates. <3

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied
    Anti-Delena, anti Forwood, anti Matt-screentime.

Leave a comment:

• NeoMaxy
    replied
    Linda, remind me again who you ship?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    It hasn't been long enough to know, is! We'll find out next week, probably.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    BUT how did the L+7 affect Reign!? Priorities, o!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    The L+7 ratings did get adjusted up for both TVD and The OG's premiere.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...live-7/210500/

THE Vampire Diaries AND THE ORIGINALS PREMIERES SEE BIG GAINS IN L+7:

The season premiere of THE Vampire Diaries and the special Thursday night series premiere of THE ORIGINALS both saw huge increases in Live + 7 Day DVR data versus Live + Same Day. THE Vampire Diaries rose +52% in total viewers (3.94 million vs 2.59M), gained +64% in adults 18-34 (2.08 vs 1.27), rose +73% in women 18-34 (3.08 vs 1.78), and jumped +65% in adults 18-49 (2.0 vs 1.22).

The series premiere of THE ORIGINALS drew 3.21 million viewers in L+7 (+46%) and rose +70% in A18-34 (0.96 vs 1.3), +78% in W18-34 (1.34 vs 2.38), +64% in A18-49 (0.97 vs 1.59), and +65% in W18-49 (1.33 vs 2.19).

Digital viewing of the season premiere of THE Vampire Diaries (CWTV.com, mobile, tablet and Xbox apps, and Hulu) increased viewership by an additional 50% when adding to L+7. That’s up from the 43% increase that digital viewing boosted last year’s season premiere. Digital viewing of the series premiere of THE ORIGINALS increased its L+7 audience by 41%
    Yeah, can't see anyone at CW complaining about the ratings at all, especially for TVD. Those are damn good numbers for The CW.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Article on Plec in the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7939025.story

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    The sire bond problem disappeared with no explanation last season.
    Ugh. The way the sire bond dissolved was so dumb. It required us to believe that a) nobody else had ever figured out that turning your humanity switch off will dissolve the bond over the centuries and b) Charlotte had never once turned off her humanity switch even though she certainly seemed really unconcerned about killing people in the '40s. She just did those things with her switch *on*? Wevs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X