X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda
    replied
    Originally posted by dada_teacher View Post
    For the reasons Ophy just stated, and as much as I like this season so far, I think it was a huge mistake to have Nina as Amara. It could have been a completely different person and it could still work. You don't need reasons to have Stelena again people! Just like you didn't need the sire bond to get to Delena. Both rob people of their agency.

That said, Qetsywah was delightful and Katherine still rocks. I'm kind of sad we don't get the powerful Defan moments I thought we might get.
    They never deliver on Defan because Plec makes Elena the priority for both Salvatores (particularly Damon, he couldn't give a shit about Stefan since he got the girl)

The fated to be together crap really makes me roll my eyes. Julie is just making this up as she goes along. I wouldn't think too much about the mythology - she can change her mind at the drop of a hat. The sire bond problem disappeared with no explanation last season. I hope that's Katherine in the promos for next week.

I'd be pissed off, but not surprised, if I were a fan of Delena. These reassurance Elena is giving Damon are exactly the same as the ones she gave Stefan in S1/2. Write something new.

Damon looks crazy old this year. And the eyeballs are more active than ever. I put the ratings bump down to the Stefan heavy promo. Delena promos always have a poor effect on the ratings

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Double post for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    For the reasons Ophy just stated, and as much as I like this season so far, I think it was a huge mistake to have Nina as Amara. It could have been a completely different person and it could still work. You don't need reasons to have Stelena again people! Just like you didn't need the sire bond to get to Delena. Both rob people of their agency.

That said, Qetsywah was delightful and Katherine still rocks. I'm kind of sad we don't get the powerful Defan moments I thought we might get.

Leave a comment:

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    I LOVE questions like these!

We also have to keep in mind that we've heard two different sides of the same story, first from Silas and then Q, but there is a third side still to be told. WHAT IF Amara loved someone else and was just using both of them to get the immortality spell to use with her lover? And Q's spell cursed her to to an eternity of watching herself be born over and over as doppelgangers who play out different variations of the Silas/Q/Amara story. The bit players, settings, and situations are different, but the overall theme of blood and betrayal are the same as the doppelgangers are eternally linked to *Paul Wesley* and then die without ever getting to be with the one they really love.

I'm sure that's not even close to what's going to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if we DO see Amara's story somehow and it differs greatly from both of the others.
    Last edited by gloopdygleep; 10-19-2013, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    We never established that every Elena and Stefan got together. Just that fate keeps pushing them together. And, honestly? This kinda ruins Stelena for me for two reasons: Their "original" selves were total assholes and I hate "fated to be" love stories, generally speaking. Soul mates=puke.

And how would they be related? As descendants? I don't think that's been made clear.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Behind the scenes on 5.03:
    Nina as Amara: http://instagram.com/p/fp-2byHmFB/
    Paul as Toga!Silas and Janina as Ancient Quetsiyah: https://twitter.com/JesseWarn/status...648064/photo/1

Interesting how all of this adds more WTFery to the mythology we learned about Tatia.

Questions!

1) Did Esther use Tatia's blood in her spell because she *knew* somehow with her witchy senses that Tatia was an Amara doppelganger? Does that doppel blood make a spell more powerful or something? Or was she oblivious to the whole Amara/Silas/Qetsiyah story and it was all just a complete coincidence that her later spell to bind Klaus' wolfiness *also* needed to create Nina Dobrev doppelgangers to maintain a balance? . . . because that would be one HELL of a coincidence, just saying. The same Nina Dobrev template being needed by The Universe for TWO completely unrelated and separate magical incidents involving the creation of immortal blood drinkers? THAT IS CRAY and not the good kind of cray, tbh.

2) Did Tatia die before she ever got to meet her Paul Wesley person? Or was her Paul Wesley person the same guy who knocked her up *before* Elijah and Klaus fell for her? And if so, then is this kind of doppelthingy passed down to descendants the same way Tatia and Katherine are Elena's ancestor? And if *that* is so, then wouldn't it mean that Katherine, Elena and Stefan are actually RELATED? TO EACH OTHER? Oh, and perhaps Damon as well, considering.

Ew.

Leave a comment:

• SW1237
    replied
    I discovered TVD through Netflix. Probably would never have watched it otherwise.

I am loving this season so far. I was afraid when the D/E tension gone it would slip. But it is defintely capturing my interest. I hate that we still have to hear about the cure though.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Yeah, could be so. Considering that I would never have gotten into TVD at all if not for Netflix, that sounds like a valid theory.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    TVD is available via Netflix! I say it's a Netflix bump.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Forgot to say that the part where Silas compared Olden Tymey Nina Dobrev to an 'angel' made me LOL. Did the ancient Greeks even have a concept of 'angels'? I don't think so. The Hebrews would have, but I don't think the Greeks did.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I'm actually surprised that the ratings for TVD are doing as well as they are, considering how many people hated some of S4's storylines.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/209915/

Last night they did a 1.3 in the demo, with 2.93 mil viewers. In today's TV environment (and for The CW) that's not bad at all.

Whatever, it's The CW so it's all meaningless, but still! I thought more would fade away post-Race for The Cure and Sire Bond nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    That entire "flashback" was hysterical to me!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I think it's way fun already.

Also, it's kinda funny that I had high expectations for TheOG and low expectations for TVD, and it's been flipflopping for me. Not that I dislike The OG at all, but TVD seems like it's firing on all cylinders while The OG is still in the garage.

Price Peterson recap of 5.03: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-138204572334/

Also, "Two Thousand Years Ago"? So basically 13 A.D. I don't mean to be a nit-picker, but I'm pretty sure Ancient Greece was a B.C. sort of thing SORRY. Unless they meant the territory of Greece but the era of Ancient Rome? Look, doesn't matter, all that matters is I immediately started holding out hope we'd meet Teen Jesus. Unfortunately, we did NOT meet Teen Jesus, at least not this week. (I heard a rumor Teen Jesus will be next season's Big Bad).
    ha! I just cannot deal with Toga Silas. CANNOT.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    That was a pretty good episode. I thought there was a bit too much exposition but that's been chronic since the introduction of Silas. I liked Q! She's a nutter. And Silas is a nutter. That's fun. Two immortal crazies trying to destroy each other! Good times!

Liked all of the slight retcon adjustments they made to fit in with all that boring non-story last year. So maybe this year will actually be fun?

Leave a comment:

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    My vampire worlds have collided! Q (witch) from TVD = Luna (shapeshifter) from Trueblood. I actually like her better as Q.

Was I the only one waiting for her to tell Stefan to call her *Q*?

I seriously LOVED this episode. I even clapped when Stefan said "I have no idea who you people are". Mr gloop was all "what?! What is happening? What did I miss?" Hee.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X