Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isadora
    replied
    They had to create a reboot of the series in order to move forward and it was weird and silly and sloppy. Damon had to be the hero, Stefan and Caroline line up the romance drama/arc, Elena is alive but on ice so they don't have to deal with Damon losing his mind from grief because he CHOSE this ending. And Kai had to be killed b/c if he wasn't Damon would hunt him down until he died, which would dominate next season.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

THEY FLOATED THOSE DAMN FEATHERS.

That bit did make me weepy, probably because it was so clearly Nina, Kat, and Candice shedding real tears. All of the Goodbye Elena stuff felt more like it was Goodbye Nina in reality, and I was okay with that.

I agree that it was weird, though . . . I would have preferred that they left it ambiguous, instead of having Caroline explain to Bonnie the holding hand thing, because that does open the question of why the heck wouldn't they just keep her in the SBH and hold her hand every day. Definite misstep.

Also! Hard to believe they would stick her in a dusty mouldy crypt anyway. How disrespectful, you guys. Was Caroline on board with that decision? Elena is not dead, she doesn't belong in a grave. And if a witch is powerful enough, they could bring down Bonnie's spell just like Bonnie and Grams brought down the trap spell in S1. There's always a loophole! Y'all are literally leaving a sleeping Elena unguarded just hoping nobody finds out what the loophole is, really brilliant.

Even Klaus carted his casketed kin around hither and thither, treating them as precious. He didn't just stick them in a tomb to moulder unprotected for decades. They should just tote her around with them all the time. S7 should only happen with Elena's coffin in the background of every shot, with constant references to her, that's only fair.

I was on board for the narrative symmetry of choosing Bonnie over Elena to show Damon's character growth, whatever. That was fine. I think I would felt it more if Ian's acting had up to par this ep, but yikes. It was not.

Also in narrative symmetry, Bonnie did die a ridiculous amount of times to save Elena pain (and she even lost her mom at age 3 because her mom left town to protect Elena), so it was right for the cycle to be completed through Elena's sacrifice for Bonnie.

Okay, even the gifsets are making me a little teary ugh.

ETA: Also? That dance was SO BIZARRE.

I know, right? WTF.

Anything good about D/E in this ep was basically canceled out by that LOLtastic dance, beeksus. Whose idea was that? If you were going to insist on a dance scene, then all we needed was one flash of them doing the Mystic Falls hands-apart thing, and that was it.

Or something as simple as this would have been more heartfelt without all the silly choreography:

vs.

Gross.

It didn't help that Elena's bridesmaid's dress was hideous and made her hips look way wide. Not a particularly gorgeous last image of DE, oh well.

As for everything else, Kai owned all of the non-Elena parts of the finale. But duh, Kai has owned every ep he has appeared in. So of course, it makes sense, when you find the one element that made an otherwise dreary nonsensical season worthwhile, to cut off any possibility of that element returning to liven things up in future seasons.

They didn't have to kill him, he could have just vamped away as Klaus did again and again when he was the Big Bad. And Katherine, and Elijah, and everyone else who served the story best when they could pop back in at any crucial moment.

And also, Julie gave Kai the kind of death normally reserved for somebody's random henchman, which was eyerolly. I get that they were going for the pun, which is fine, but not super interesting. Kai's death could have been poetic, not punny. What a waste of a villain arc!

Still on the fence about whether or not I will bother to watch S7.The flashforward scene makes an Elena-less Mystic Falls look damn sucky, and I'm not really interested in The Salvatore Bros Fight Mama's Witchpyres Every Week. S6 was pretty pointless in the non-Kai arcs, and now we know that all of S7 will be non-Kai, so . . . I don't know. Maybe I'll watch TVD like I do TO-- ignore it week by week, then catch up on a bunch of eps at once before they expire off Hulu whenever I remember to.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I liked some scenes but seriously? This episode made NO SENSE. For one, Bonnie has killed herself for Elena like 27 times in the past so why wouldn't she now? LOL

The weird dream world sequences that are not dreams? Isn't Elena human? How are they pulling this off? And if they can talk to her in a dreamy world why wouldn't they do it all the time? Why would they leave her IN A CASKET to go nuts ruminating on the past for like 50 years? It makes ZERO sense. I was glad they called Jeremy. I was pretty sure they'd ice him out, nonsensically.

Damon got the final goodbye and also the big hero moment. So ... well played, Ian's agent.

Matt Donovan continues to be the quiet, decent heart of the show, however.

Am I supposed to care about Enzo or insane Mama Salvatore? I so do not care.

Also, LET US NOT FORGET that in order to become an actual hero? Damon had to become like Stefan--he had to learn to actually honor Elena's wishes. And what was that about her having to grow up and be dark to be with him? Sure. Whatever.

ETA: Also? That dance was SO BIZARRE.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Wonder if they are doing it so that when they do finish next year that she could do a George Clooney/Doug Ross moment if they can convince her to do a one off cameo.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    Oh that is just awful, I can not believe they could not come up with a better fate for Elena then this.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Oh, SleepingBeauty!Elena is definitely happening. 60 year magical coma or whatever. Pretty sure it's going to be Kai's fault.

And the rest of the finale is going to be Elena's spirit? I guess, re-enacting scenes from her past and saying goodbye to each person. Something like that.

Screenshots from the promo clip:

Some stills from the finale:

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    Oh I so hope they are not doing the Sleeping Beauty routine with Elena! That to me just would show how horrible they are at writing if they can not come up with something better for Elena. I wonder if now that KW Stalker is cancelled they can lure him back to write S7 of TVD?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Right? How many witches and vampires and werewolves and hybrids and Mikaelsons have tried to kill Elena Gilbert? And she gets taken down by a chandelier?

LOL.

But I assume from the promos that Kai actually does something to her that turns her into SleepingBeauty!Elena, so it's not just a chandelier-coma.

The one thing I hate about this is that my vampire from my witch book has a witch wife who has been asleep in a magical coma for a hundred years, and now I feel like I should scrap that storyline because of TVD. Grrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I think her dying from having a chandelier fall on her (basically) is super stupid.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    No secret to what my fave part was. THE MURDER PUPPY MUDER SHOW!!

Price's recap: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-143102907456/

Nina was barely hiding how giddy she was to be entering the homestretch, right? But I do love the expression on her face here:

Hee.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Ratings were slightly up on last weeks season low with an 0.6 rating and 1.31 million viewers. I am guessing they will be under 1 million next season though.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    In the comments of the EW interview with Julie, somebody claims to leak some finale spoilers:

- Steroline will break up with Caroline telling stefan that being with him/loving him destroyed her life
    - Jo will die
    - Kai will come back with his army and curse Elena to eternal sleep binding the curse to Bonnies life and the only way to wake up Elena is killing Bonnie and if they try to spell their way out of it both die.

Eternal sleep is such a cop-out! I kinda love it (even though I hate it). And because it's a giant cop-out and leaves the rest of the characters the ability to do other stuff next season without searching for Elena or really mourning Elena or even needing to have a D/E break-up, it's exactly what I expect Plec and Dries to do.

Giving the D/E shippers a fairytale-esque Sleeping Beauty twist might actually quiet down the bitter shipper rage. (Maybe).

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    KAI!!!!!

KAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAIKAI!!!

Price's recap: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-143043336695/

Again, it was a sweet moment getting to remember along with her all those loaded Season 1 moments. I'm talking stolen glances, Miss Mystic Falls, stuff like that. You know, back when the prospect of a romance with Damon was merely a thrilling possibility and not a repetitive, borderline tiresome saga.

Not even borderline, let's be honest.

But yes! Kai!

Last edited by ophy; 05-01-2015, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    The ratings since Nina has quit have got worse each week - last night was 1.22 million viewers and an 0.5 rating - viewers are now only a third of what a The Flash is getting

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I agree KAI!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X