Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophy
    replied
    He probs loves this show b/c he's an aspiring TV writing and he saw how profesh ass-kissing served Carina MacKenzie?

Yeah, poor Price had his own show on Amazon for a brief moment before it got canned. It was funny, too. I think I was the only watching, though.

Julie looooves Price, so I would not be surprised to see him come work for her someday. He's also one of Carina's besties.

But interestingly, he seemed to realize he'd gone too far in his Nina worship in that piece, because he edited out the bit where he called her the best on 'any tv show'.

It used to read:

This is what it reads now:

Delena didn't kill the show alone. Bad writing killed the show. I will always contend that they could have done interesting (and dark!) things with Delena if they'd had the balls. #ElenaTheBabyEater

Or! If they had shifted focus to Steferine and done interesting things with them, perhaps. But TVD is just a graveyard of missed opportunities now.

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied
    Delena killed the show, just as I predicted. The ratings have been crap since S4. Nina is only okay as an actress. Price (and ophy and all the new tedious Nian/Delena-turned-Dobrev stans that seem to post here now) massively overrate her skills. I think Kat Graham is better. I hate this show.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    That was the difference in S1-3. It was about the closeness of the friends - that they all did simple things together. It's as though these writers are writing for a different show. I don't think Elena had ever mentioned being a doctor. I think they turned her into a vampire too early - at least by a season or 2 as then they lost all the stuff to keep her alive which had everyone band together

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    He probs loves this show b/c he's an aspiring TV writing and he saw how profesh ass-kissing served Carina MacKenzie?

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I dont see why he loves this season so much, except for Kai. I mean all the characters are so far apart from each other and just drifting and Yes I completely agree it is like they do not know how to pick up a phone and talk and say hey this is whats up with our friends. I mean come on no one new Jo was pregnant and now they are suppose to be getting all into their wedding?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Synopsis for 6.21, the finale:

ALARIC AND JO’S BIG DAY — It’s Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) wedding day and Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) do their best to help a stressed out Jo with the last minute preparations. After uncovering some life-changing news that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has been keeping from him, Stefan (Paul Wesley) takes his brother on a road trip to give him some perspective on his future with Elena. Elsewhere, when Caroline (Candice Accola) returns to Mystic Falls after dealing with the fallout of her humanity-free rampage, she begins making amends with her friends and comes to a realization about her and Stefan’s prospects of being together. Finally, when Bonnie begins having vivid nightmares that Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) is coming after her, she enlists Matt’s (Zach Roerig) help in taking Lily down. Michael Trevino and Michael Malarkey also star. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#621). Original airdate 5/7/2015.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Yeah, and Jo not even knowing they'd trapped her brother in 1903. It's like these people don't know how to use their phones.

Price recap of whatever we watched most recently. 6.18? 6.19?
    http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-142922661332/

A quick note about Nina Dobrev's departure, and ONLY a quick note because you know we'll have more to talk about after the season finale. As much as we've made fun of Elena or been frustrated by her choices or laughed at her self-obsession, Nina Dobrev is and always has been the best actor on the show. Not just this show, but pretty much any show on TV. She's so extremely good that her loss will be nothing short of devastating. If you thought losing the Mikaelsons was a blow, whoa mama, this is gonna hurt. That being said, Season 6 has been such a thrilling course correction that I want to see what the brain trust has in store for this show post-Dobrev. You know? Let's talk about how well they do next Fall. For now let's appreciate every single frame that Nina Dobrev is in, I know I am.

I really do not understand his love affair with this season. Other than Kai, what is there to love?

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    AV Club's review is pretty spot-on here:

The thing about this is that two seasons ago, it wouldn’t have seemed out of place at all, but in the past few years Elena has existed as far more of a plot driver than a character. Beyond wanting to have Damon, what has Elena really wanted? She wanted to go to school, sure, but that thread was dropped so quickly—and Whitmore used more like a backdrop for supernatural stories than anything about Elena’s character growth—that it feels like a lifetime ago. Jo mentions Elena’s desire to be a doctor here but how much has she truly expressed that desire in the past? TVD took a bit of a wrong turn with Elena a while ago, and while it’s admirable the show is attempting to build her character back up in order to give her a valiant sendoff, it feels a bit like they’re paying for the sins of their past in how awkward it all seems right now.
    They also noted how weird it is that nobody told Matt or Tyler that Caroline and Stefan were "off". It's like none of these people are friends anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Yeah, I'm hearing rumblings that iZombie will be picked up, which is a good thing.

I'm sure the ratings will pick up a bit toward the end of the season as people tune in to see how they are going to write Elena off. But S7 is likely to be a death spiral.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    They probably should have ended at S6 rather than dragging it out - it's now down to joint 4th in the CW ratings - The Flash is way out in front. And it's tied with iZombie on 4th which makes people think iZombie will be picked up. It used to be way out in front of everything on ratings. (Goes off to look at baseball stats now)

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    For me, this ep was blah blah blah blah wait-- did they say Vampire Warlock Kai!!?! Everything but that idea was a boring blur.

I would totes be down with Vampire Warlock Kai because YES. I don't even care that it makes no sense to change the 'vampires can't be witches' rule, whatever.

BLOODTHIRSTY KAI AT A RED WEDDING OMB.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Think all the normal viewers agree with you as the ratings are:
    On The CW, The Vampire Diaries returned to a series low 0.6, down 14 percent from a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent original episode.
    Think it had 1.34 million viewers.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I was not impressed with this episode either. They really gave Elena nothing to do. The Enzo stuff, Malarkey had revealed some of that leading up to the episode, so it was boring. I am not interested in Sarah Salvatore either. I guess we can figure out what is happening to Kai in the 1903 prison world now. I am guessing he will be coming back as a combo witch/vampire.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Ugh. This episode was soooo boring.

I am officially skipping all Enzo scenes going forward.

The Delena scenes are so awkward. I really don't care about Mama Salvatore. I hate that Damon was being the quiet hero to bring Stefan back. I hate that Damon will be the one to "save" Elena and make her human again.

I don't blame Elena for leaving: she has NOTHING to do this season.

The only thing I liked was that Matt refused Elena's blood. And I liked that she seemed like human Elena with Matt for the first time since she changed.

I really don't like the vampires on this show! They're a bunch of assholes!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    6.20 synopsis:

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

“I’d Leave My Happy Home for You” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE CURE – As Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) reluctantly participate in their bachelor and bachelorette parties, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) discuss the ramifications from an impulsive offer that Damon makes. Unsure of what to do, Elena turns to Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Jo for advice, but is left conflicted when Bonnie raises some unanticipated concerns. When Enzo (Michael Malarkey) realizes Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) is on a dangerous downward spiral, he asks Stefan (Paul Wesley) to help intervene before it’s too late. Lastly, fed up with the supernatural threats that plague their town, Matt (Zach Roerig) takes his frustrations out on Tyler (Michael Trevino), while Alaric considers a life-changing piece of advice. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Rebecca Sonnenshine (#620). Original airdate 4/30/2015.
    I assume Elena's exit is going to be cure related, so she's the obvs choice, but I wonder if Damon's 'impulsive offer' is for them to go back to the 1910 prison world for the 1910 cure, so he can take that cure and she can take the 1994 cure, and they can be human together. That's obvs not going to work, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X