Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophy
    replied
    It was totally gross and the kind of brutality that you'd expect siblings to show! Ha!

Yes! Very much so. It was like watching me and my younger brother all over again.

Okay, maybe not exactly.

Josh Butler, who is directing 6.17, posted a vine from filming:

https://vine.co/TheJoshuaButler

And some enterprising Twitter peeps captured screenshots:

Jane Bennz @JaneBenn333
    2h2 hours agoSnagged another still of @ChristophrWood as Kai... not that easy!

So it looks like Kai is going to be scruffy and in a sweatshirt and eating at the diner. So . . . this hobo-esqueness is really Kai's new look?

Hmmmm. I still prefer smoothbabyKai.

But I guess they have to communicate 'depression because feelings' somehow.

And the production folks say they had to make it snow in Mystic Falls for 6.17:

It kinda looks like *maybe* that is Kai and Bonnie. Hard to tell at this distance, though. #BonKai is the next step on Redemption Blvd, so that would be on schedule.

ETA Oh! forgot to mention that the new character is playing Mama Salvatore, which makes sense, because we were told we'd see a young Damon in a flashback at some point this season. But! She's also been filming a lot with Ian, so people are speccing that maybe Mama Salvatore is a vampire because why not. I think that's solid spec, b/c she's been filming more than one ep. She definitely was filming 6.15, and now she's filming 6.17. I guess everyone's dead mom comes back as a vampire eventually. #Isobel

This is what she looks like:

ETA2 No wait, that can't be Bonnie and Kai, b/c Kat hasn't been in ATL all week. Might just be Chris with a crew member, or two crew members.
    Last edited by ophy; 02-07-2015, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I forgot to mention how much I liked the violence of the Liv/Kai fight! It was totally gross and the kind of brutality that you'd expect siblings to show! Ha!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Yeah, Stefan is only kinda sorta there, you know? He's not driving anything, he's just along for the ride, and that seems weird. He has ZERO to do with The Big Bad this season. He hasn't even met Kai yet, that's how out of touch with everything his character has become.

But there's still something comforting and inevitable about Steroline . . . and as long as D/E is holding the whole show prisoner,there's really no other 'good enough' option for Stefan's romantic endgame. Maybe that's not an exciting reason to ship something, but it's what we've got.

Well, it's probably quite peaceful for Paul to do 95% of his scenes with only Candice. He barely has to think about it or try at all.

Kai was great. He continues to be the most interesting person on the show.

Yeah, people are really waking up to this fact. Only the Nianists want him dead and gone, and that's for selfish reasons.

Everyone else is begging JP daily to keep him forever.

It might not be up to them, though. If *too* many people realize just how good he is, JP and co might lose him to a better show next season.

In which case, they need to hope Woodbrev becomes such a major thing that Our New Boyfriend doesn't want to leave His New Girlfriend.

Price's dad passed away the morning after last week's ep, so we are not getting a recap for 6.12.

6.13: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-vampire-...-142317565139/

But at this point we're all savvy enough to know that if a villain is on a TV show long enough, it's only a matter of time before the redemption arc begins. I think we all had reason to expect this would happen to Kai, one of TVD's all-time great villains, if only due to how incredible Chris Wood's performance has been. His charisma is off the charts, guys. I really want him to become a permanent addition to the show, but I've wondered whether that could happen when he was also such an awful guy. Leave it to TVD to devise the coolest and weirdest way possible to redeem in the quickest, least predictable way: He's now part-Luke, so anything good he does can be attributed to that. It's like Kai got to leapfrog the whole "I've learned a valuable lesson about friendship" situation that most villains have to experience before turning nice, and instead we get to have all these fun scenes about a sociopath crying for the first time. Ugh, so so awesome.

I love it when Price and I agree completely.

Price also agreed that the D/E cupcake scene was gross, btw.

And he agrees that the Enzo side plot is boring and awful.

And he agrees that a bi Kai would be awesome.

He gave the D/E the amount of attention they deserve, which is hardly any. #hero
    Last edited by ophy; 02-06-2015, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Yeah, I agree about most everything. BUT I also think they have sort of ruined the Steroline stuff because why does it feel that Stefan is being DRAGGED along to a girl who is obviously awesome and way better than VampElena?

I liked that they acknowledged that they had to fundamentally change Elena's character to get her with Damon. A lot of the episode felt like a concession: Yes, we know Delena is weird and it sucks but we're hostage to it now....so...that's where we're at!

Kai was great. He continues to be the most interesting person on the show.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    And then there are these two idiots.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    OUR NEW BOYFRIEND IS SO DAMN GOOD.

Thank beek that Luke!Kai is still damn funny and interesting and compelling.

I hope ONB is checking his mentions tonight, because people are going nuts over his performance in this ep.

And Steroline! That was the most life we've seen in Paul all season. Stefan was actually interesting in this ep, and I was feeling Steroline majorly.

Kat did a very nice job, too. And I like how they have already shut the door on Beremy before she even comes home. It was always the dullest of ships.

Wow, that HL 'journalist' is CRAY for thinking Bonnie/Enzo would ever happen. What show are they watching?

Anyway, every time we switched over to Tyler/Liv or Enzo/Matt . . . . meh. So boring. All that screen time should have gone to Kai and his dealing with teh emoshuns, beeksus.

And the best thing that can be said about D/E is thank beek they abbreviated the DEX scene. I'm sure that was intentional. First DEX of the whole season and it was like 10 seconds long? Yeah, that was because that's all they could get out of Nina, for sure.

HE SAYS WHAT WE ARE THINKING.

I feel like the writers made Kai an anti-DE shipper just so they could express their own pent up feelings about it.

(and we see you making heart eyes at Chris in the background, Neens.)

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Right?

I could spend HOURS comparing these two gifs to each other:

In the top one, she's like, "YES I WANT THAT INSIDE ME PLEASE" and in the bottom one she's a barely patient toddler letting grandma clean her face.

Nina is a good actor by CW standards, but she ain't quite good enough to plaster over *that*.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Bwah! I watch that sneak scene with Delena and was bored (of course) but it's only slow mo that you can tell she's taking one for the team!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Getting really excited about what Chris can do with this material, for reals.

It's pretty much the only reason to tune in, to see what actor-ly choices ONB will make.

Sure ain't watching for this:

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    YASSSSSSSSSSS

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Ah, so clever.

The producers look at 6.13: http://youtu.be/I1b5V-4Nfzc

They are definitely keeping our BabyBoy Kai around awhile.

They are giving him the almost-Klaus treatment, with two dead giveaways:

-- he is showing empathy/emotion/guilt.
    -- he can't be killed without Liv and Jo and the whole Gemini coven dying. He is literally unkillable, just like Klaus.

The only thing missing from the full-Klaus is a love interest, and I'll bet they will correct that by having him save Bonnie.

In a weird way, I sort of love how predictable Plec and Dries are with the well-worn path of Redemption Blvd. I'm just sad they save that pathway only for hot guy villains and not Katherine.

<------ forever bitter

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    This show is not progressive enough to go with bisexual, IMO. They'll probably just tease with subtext if we're lucky.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

Since 'merge' is the theme, I'm merging spoilers in with discussion so we don't have to bother with two threads anymore. It's not like I ever get any high quality spoilers anymore any way.

Yeah . . . sounds like we are dead on about Kai struggling post-merge. If Jo is softhearted enough to help him, that will explain why he stays in Mystic Falls. Perhaps the effects make him vulnerable and he has to hide from his dad/other Gemini, and Jo decides he's still her family to protect.

Which is a stretch given that it's Kai . . . but maybe *not* a stretch if he's actually Kai-Luke (Kaike? Lukai?) and she feels like she is also saving whatever is left of Luke that survives in Kai.

Andy Swift @AndySwift
    4h4 hours agoNow that Luke is inside Kai (...) can @ChristophrWood dye his hair blond again? Those were good times. #TVD

The other spec online is that Kai will be gay/bi-sexual now that he has merged with Luke. Which did not occur to me. Might be amusing to see him hit on Damon and Elena at the same time. Even funnier if they both consider it.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I can sorta see him having a character evolution b/c he merged with his brother who selflessly sacrificed his life to save someone he loves--the ultimate act in most supernatural stories (post JK Rowling)

I actually love the idea that the *way* the merge happened (as a hero's sacrifice) could have farther reaching consequences than a simple merge with Jo would have on Kai's newly forged identity. It would be kind of awesome if Kai 'lost' through 'winning' . . . and if Luke's sacrifice had the kind of actual weight and substance that saved the other Geminis from Kai's former wrath.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    He should be off accomplishing #3, not hanging around the SBH with losers he doesn't care about, to save some other loser he doesn't care about.
    The primary conceit of TVD is that super powerful beings who have both the means to be anywhere and make anything happen (in terms of the circles they travel in and the places they could go) just slow down and hang out and worry about Elena's love life. So I sorta have given up hoping that part of the story makes any kind of sense whatsoever. It's why I can't fathom why some of the oldest/most powerful beings on earth are super duper concerned about who is the most powerful person in the French Quarter on The Originals. It's baffling to me.

I can sorta see him having a character evolution b/c he merged with his brother who selflessly sacrificed his life to save someone he loves--the ultimate act in most supernatural stories (post JK Rowling). So him not just absorbing his brother's power but his brother's consciousness is a smart way to "redeem" Kai. Super bored with him hooking up with Bonnie but, eh, she wouldn't be the girl on this show to hook up with a sometime-sociopath.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X