Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scientologyguru
    replied
    Just seen clips of the last episode and - humour me one last time - STELENA 4EVA! Definitely the least contrived emotional connection.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I am glad Kevin is back, but not surprised it is ending. As you said it should have ended a few seasons ago. I do hope they can get Nina to return for at least one episode, if not a few.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Fixed that for you.

Honestly, though, no S6 would mean no Kai, so . . .

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied
    Originally posted by ophy View Post
    Of course, it should have ended in S3, so it's not like I'm *actually* sad.

Fixed that for you.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    At the TVD panel at SDCC, they announced that Kevin Williamson will be writing for S8 . . . and that S8 will be the last season.

The TVD Goodbye vid they showed at the con:

https://youtu.be/zCnHIhIdHoY

Lots of Elena in there, but no NIna. Not gonna lie, I shed a tear. (Of course, it should have ended in S6, so it's not like I'm *actually* sad.)

Panel recap:

http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/the-vam...el-recap-2016/

I'm hearing that the season will be 16 eps long, so it's only slightly abbreviated.

No word yet about Nina returning!

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    I've dipped in and out a couple of times but it honestly feels like it has jumped the shark (in fact it's lassoed an orca and ridden that over the shark). It's now also moving to Friday nights together with TO to make way for Legends of Tomorrow. I thought they would have moved TVD to the 9pm slot after LoT to see if they could make use of the increase in viewers but it looks like the PTB are moving away from plecverse a bit (containment did not have good reviews after comic con)

I think Nina made the right choice to walk away rather than stay till it expired but I can't see the reboot working and it might even be tricky getting an 8th series with how full the CWs schedule is looking.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I can understand why the ratings were low, it was not very good at all. Disappointing season premiere.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Well new season opened with an 0.6 rating and 1.37 million viewers - so down from last years premiere and over 2 million viewers less than the Flash. Supernatural and iZombie beat it in premiere ratings - quite sad for what used to be the network show runner. Interesting to see if it sustains over a million this year

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

Some of the new heretics:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...medium=twitter

Elizabeth Blackmore, Scarlett Byrne and Teressa Liane have signed on to recur on The CW drama as members of Lily's (Annie Wersching) "family."
    The two on the right are the lesbian couple I think?

I guess it takes THREE blandly pretty girls to replace one Nina Dobrev.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

S7 spoilers:

some stuff here: http://tvline.com/2015/07/12/vampire...on-7-spoilers/

It's all whatever, I guess.

Hopefully, they are day drinking on a coke boat off the South of France as a Nina shout out.

Also, the reason why the new lesbian vampires are accustomed to hiding their relationship is because they are 1903 heretic witchpires, which does make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    What Julie said about Caroline actually makes you think she will not end up with Stefan. Julie said they are setting her character up to be picked first and that would not be with Stefan, as he picked Elena first. So is Steroline not part of the endgame?

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    I completely agree they can not write for female characters and that is sad, being that it is two women. They had such a great chance to make Bonnie even more strong and independent this last season and completely blew it. I do not see how they can not get this correct.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    They started building Caroline up as a strong female character is S2/3 after she was initially the ditzy neurotic blond in S1 but then it's all fallen down again as they can't seem to write a female character unless she is in a relationship. Even Julie Plecs words in that article where she says that they are 'setting up Caroline's character to be the one picked first' seems to imply that again female character development is based on the males.

The show leaders are two women and yet they can't seem to write a strong female who overcomes hardships on her terms. Even Bonnie who was the most independent of the female characters is now too heavily linked with her friendship with Damon. I miss Katherine.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    Oh S7 just sounds dreadful. I agree with why lesbian vampires and why keep it a secret and who would care? Plus My first thought was the Valerie character was going to be with either Damon or Stefan to sort of throw a wrench in the Steroline. They are really scrambling to replace Nina and having to do it with 3 new characters. Funny they need to scramble when according to them Nina had been leaving all along, so why the scramble, why is this not more thought out? Focusing on the brothers might be the only thing that gets them through the season with some ratings, plus that bs about making Caroline the focus, is only because Nina is gone, if she were still there, Caroline well would still just be Caroline.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    The promo poster is even uglier - how did they manage to make Paul look way older than Ian.
    Sounds like they lost their main female and are now trying to jump on the bandwagon of current events. Hey I wonder if any of those roles will be going to Nikki.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X