Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward.

Laa!

Team Matty or Team Jake? I don't even know!

And Tamara wrote the letter! *dies* That BITCH!

I fully expect to be in this thread alone.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

You are not alone! WE are not alone! Apparently, MTV has been pretty pleased with its numbers and already ordered a second season!

I'm constantly switching teams! It's such a well-constructed triangle! Matty has been both passive and shady (still waters have an alcoholic brother?), but he's the arguably hotter option, and you want Jenna to get what she's wanted so badly. On the other hand, you can tell Jake is smitten with Jenna's brain too, he goes hard with the adorable unrequited like, and he's never been afraid to hang with her, in or out of the public eye. But! He's also kind of a slave to popular jock-y expectations because he still hasn't dumped Sadie's braindead sidekick. Sigh.

Tamara bugs me 90% of the time, but I did enjoy that she seriously wanted to pee on Sadie's bed! Hee!
    Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-14-2011, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Tamara does get some of the best fast lines, tho!

I think after last night I'm Team Matty. He's a dipshit but he's really hot!
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Yes, a dummy, but teeoooootally hot. Until we know more about Jake, I think I'm on Team Matty too.

Agreeagreeagree with AV Club's assessment of last night's ep. (http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/my...sixteen,61640/) After Sadie's smirk of respect for Jenna, it was disappointing to see her as a cardboard bitch cutout again.

Also, a commenter pointed out something I loved: Jake teasingly calling Jenna a loser. He doesn't even know or care what everyone thinks of her, or how down she is on herself, and not in an insensitive way.

Fuck. I suck at team sports.
        Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-14-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I knew someone here would be watching this show!

I can't even be Team Matty or Team Jake, I think I am just Team Jenna. Whoever Jenna wants at that second, I want her to have that. So, mostly Matty, but a little Jake on the side. I actually liked Tamara as Jenna's friend, but if she's just going to be someone else who hates on Jenna, then I will still prefer Sadie.

Comment

Last night's episode was probably the best yet. Team Matty FO' SHO'! LOVED him. He was hilarious and adorable and awesome with her assy friends. I loved that he got T in the picture after doing Ming's hair! I was DYING.

And Sadie was fabulous anyway, explaining how she should be trusted above God given what he did to his only son! She's SO EVIL.
            Last edited by isadora; 09-25-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I am in love with Sadie! "Don't pretend like you coined it." I am definitely leaning toward Team Matty at this point, especially since it took so long for Jake to break up with Lissa, like why would he even think about reading that horrible letter to Jenna?

I like that Matty was cool with Jenna's friends and was not scared away by the fact that they have clearly been stalking him for years. And that he didn't give Jenna too much shit for kissing his friend.

Comment

The. Finale. Destroyed.

I am Team Awkward.

Comment

It was sooooooo good. It's a really believable love triangle, even though for height alone, I am Team Matty. I can't BELIEVE the mom wrote the letter, even though she is totally invested in Jenna being more popular. Need new episodes NOW.

Comment

OMG. I just watched it and I don't even know where to put myself.

MOM! NO. I can't live with that. *sob* Although my aunt once did something similar to my mother using a typewriter (this was in the dark ages) she borrowed from my mother. Seriously The "e" dropped distinctively. <--glimpse into the insanity that is my family.

Under-25 me? Is Team Matty. I was all heart/no brain whatsoever. That said, I never had a guy as cute as Jake mooning over me at the same time I was making poor choices with a guy like Matty.

Over 30 me? Is Team Jake. I can't even process it. I think am in favor of a threesome with them on her 27th birthday.

Late 20s me? Dates Jake but continues to sleep with Matty on the sly because I was a very bad girl.

Comment

Mom writing the letter is sad, but so perfect, as soon as it happened I couldn't believe I hadn't considered it before.

It turns out I am team Matty as I was definitely hoping she would pick him, but I don't hate her with Jake either. This show is so good. I don't know what to do until next year!

Comment

I think me of all ages is Team Jake for now. Miiight have something to do with the fact that I'm going to be a bridesmaid at my Matty's wedding.

Comment

Just watched the pilot, but I am sooooo not seeing the attraction of this show yet. Don't think we saw anyone named Jake in the pilot, but Matty? Ewwwww. I guess he must get hotter at some point? Right now, he just seems like an overgrown boy to me.

Comment

Keep with it! I was icked by the first one because I felt they were TOO YOUNG OMG.

Comment

Yes! The first one was squicky! But then again, no one's sleeping with an English teacher.

Comment

Working...
                              X