Dr. Summer Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Summer Roberts

I keep wanting to hate Lemon but I seem to find myself liking her more and more!

I adore her lemon-colored hair and her forbidden love! Will they ever actually talk about the fact that the town is racist and would not want her to be with Mayor Lavon Hayes?

LOOK at his chest, ladies? The bigger question is why Dr. Summer Roberts doesn't want to be with Mayor Hayes!? Clearly, Dr. Summer is either blind or stupid or vaguely racist up in the CW.

Did Lemon date Lavon while George was in NYC? And were they broken up during that time? I'm not clear if Lemon and Lavon's dating history is a complete secret. I'd guess so.

Also? I just pasted the shirtless picture of Lavon into a web news item for a client--thank goodness I realized it before making the page live! Ha!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

I like this show! It's fun and I don't feel like I will get over-invested in who she dates/sleeps with. I kind of like her with all 3 of the main guys and want the show to last long enough for her to make out with all of them at least once.

Comment

While I sort of hate that all the yokels are *horrified* by "big city" shit? I equally hate that the Big City people are all "stupid yokels"! However, it's actually more true-to-life than I like to admit. I can't tell you how tedious and judgmental of anything new or different everybody who is not from the city is! At least in my circle of friends and family! I can't tell you how many times I've served a nice cheese platter with fancy crackers ("OH, I always wanted to try Brie!" <--real quote!) only to have my offering passed over so relatives can eat the salt lick cheese ball with Ritz crackers my sister-in-law brought! *cries* When my husband's family comes to visit they bring a cooler of grocery store food out of fear I will feed them something "weird" like grass-fed hamburgers on whole wheat buns!

ANYWAY.

Loved Lemon this episode! You can finally see her skills at work. I loved her line about psychological warfare requiring understanding the psyche of her opponent! Finally! Her skills are brought to the fore! I also liked that her inability to deal with her feelings for the mayor is related to her deep desire to keep her "bad girl" tucked in! LOVED IT.

Also loved the line about it being like Friday Night Lights without all that depressing stuff!
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

So I know George from FNL, obvs, but I totally forgot he was part of PoP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVkU8dDSC9w

Comment

This show is totally filling my Gilmore void. It's almost silly how dumb the non-plots are, but I just love everyone in that little town. Well, maybe except for Lemon, but they are starting to humanize her a bit and I'm coming around on her, too. I love that the writers make fun of the costumer's decision to put Rachel Bilson in formal shorts all the time by having Summer Roberts complain that no one understands her shorts. And for once, I'm actually torn on who to root for in the love triangle. Jason Street obvs does not really love Lemon the way Mayor Lavon Hayes loves her and he's clearly kind of bored by the life he knows he'll have with her. He is also majorly crushing on Dr. Summer and I want him to be happy. But Wade is super in love with her and he has no one and he's always helping her even though he's grumpy about it. I want him to be happy, too! And RB has great chemistry with both guys so it's hard for me to choose which one I like her with the best.

Plus, I can't not love a town that dresses up like pirates and wenches for Thanksgiving. That is awesome sauce.

Comment

I LOVE Lemon. She was warming me up in little moments all along but when she dyed that guy blue I think she eclipsed Dr. Summer for me!

I love everyone on this show and want them all to just hang out, making longing eyes at each other, and sometimes make-out. Any combination of them could occasionally make out and I'd be fine with that.

That said? I can't think too deeply about this show because there's so much the writers sort of leave blank. Why did Lemon break up with Lavon? Was she dating him while also dating George Tucker? Did George and Lemon date other people while he was in NYC? I have lots of questions like that. But I'm pretending I don't!

Comment

LOVED the shorts moment! It's GG reincarnated fo' sho. Although, yeah, how is Dr. Summer still not feeling Lavon at all? If he gets half-naked again and there isn't even a fraction of a comment, I'm going to assume the show and/or CW suffers from Hitch syndrome. And by the way, I hated Hitch.

As for the unanswered questions, I keep hoping there will be a flashback episode to fill in NYC blanks about Lavon/Lemon, George's city life, and Dr. Summer's dead-end boyfriend.

Comment

Andie McPhee Breeland! The CW loves it some unstable Meredith Monroe!

Can't believe i totally called the flashback episode! (flails)
                Last edited by LaaLaa; 12-06-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I'm just now watching it and I spotted Andie McPhee in the photo! I was like: SHUT UP!

She looks SO FUCKING OLD. It's amazing.

I need a ruling. WHEN did George get back from NYC? Whu? GOD, I'm confused!

I felt AWFUL for poor Lemon! Like both times she was gutted this evening. But I get why Summer & Lavon had to draw a line. And now I'm all sad for everybody!
                  Last edited by isadora; 12-11-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Now I think Wade/Lemon would be hot too. They'd make LemonWade? <-- I'm so sorry.

Comment

*facepalm*

Comment

Will someone please explain to me why I find this so delightful? Thanks.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d31...-rachel-bilson

Comment

I love her hatin' on the cast of the O.C. and the insane car washing scene between her two love interests! I think my love of Summer Roberts is so strong that Bilson can do no wrong.

Comment

That was AWESOME.

Almost makes me wish I watching that show.

Comment

That show is insanely adorable.

Comment

Working...
                              X