No announcement yet.

Teen Wolf: Shirtless boys and the alphas who love them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you guys STILL not caught up yet? Next Monday is the season finale people! WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES!!??

Good shit is happening and you're missing it: Scott and Kira making out! Melissa and Scott discussing the money! Derek's reaction to the money! Stiles and Malia becoming even more adorable! Peter Hale being horrible and doing horrible terrible things and me still loving his character!

My favorite thing of the episode:

Sheriff Stilinski: I'm taking you both out to dinner. What's your favorite food?
    Malia: DEER!

ALSO Price Peterson was a guest on Wolf Watch after the show so the recap will be late. IF ANYONE EVEN CARES.

Comment

• Dude, I AM WATCHING.

The Malia line was funny. I like this season but the stakes are not that high so it's sort of...ok?
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yeah, I *get* that the stakes don't feel as high as in previous seasons, but I still feel invested. I really like this season and feel like they've also set up some future things I'm interested in coming back next season for. Like finding out exactly what supernatural type thing Deputy Cutie Pie is (I am also shipping him with Lydia and I'm not ashamed of it).

Which does NOT mean I don't have a few nitpicks with this season like: What good is being a True Alpha if every Tom, Dick, and Kate is able to kick your ass?! Seriously, I could see Scott getting captured by the Berserkers, but HOW was Kate able to beat him? He barely even tried even though he knew Kira was fighting against a Berserker. And Kira!? Why didn't you use your electricity power in the fight? When she wound that chain up I was all "Yeah!! Hit him with it and then shock the shit out of him Kira!". But no. So irritating!

Comment

• It was like they were both exhausted from kissing and their own sexy teen hormones.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Trying to get caught up now that the one ep I was missing is live on mtv.com. Two eps down, two more to go.

I'm liking what they are doing with Scott. It works for me to have the main character be the moral center of a show when it's done right . . . like Elena in TVD S1-3 was 'moral center done right', and Dawson was just . . . not.

So yeah, I feel pretty good about Scott-as-moral-center right now. He didn't make much of an impression on me in S1 and S2, because my brain was all, "STILES STILES STILES OH WOW, JACKSON'S CHEEKBONES! STILES STILES LOOK, THERE'S DEREK! STILES STILES ISAAC'S SCARF! STILES STILES STILES" etc., but I can see where they are going now with Scott's character journey, so yay.

But as much as I also like seeing Hoechlin get his flirt on, I am not here for Derek/Braden. Her character just feels tacked on for love interest purposes. Maybe that changes in the next couple of eps I have left, but so far she's very meh to me.

I don't mind a slighter smaller stakes season at all. I think this deadpool stuff has been super tight and interesting, and bonus! It's not as confusing as the Alpha pack stuff. Not as dark as the Nogitsune!Stiles arc, but that's also fine with me.

Comment

• All caught up for the finale, thank beek.

I really like this season, like a lot a lot.

Meredith and Peter, OMB.

Comment

• I'm so confused about Peter.

He was totally lying about Meredith, right? Like he KNEW what she was up to?

Comment

• Nope, I don't think he was lying. Afterwards, he said to Kate that he was 'rattled', and he seemed genuinely upset by the whole thing. I think he was blindsided by the Meredith reveal, but it ultimately did not alter his actual underlying plan (which I assume has something to do with stealing Scott's true alpha powers?).

Comment

• I don't think he was lying either. He MIGHT have gone along with the plan if he knew though.

MAYBE Peter's plan is to swoop in and promise to save Scott and Kira from Kate if Scott accepts Peter as his alpha. THEN when Scott agrees and becomes a beta in Peter's pack Peter would kill Scott and absorb his True Alpha powers, but he would make it look like Kate did it. Malia kills Kate for Scott's death and Peter would look like an innocent hero. He would have a ready made pack along with Scott's True Alpha powers.

Comment

• I didn't like this season as much as y'all.

What the what with Derek? I didn't understand his subplot at all. And I don't care about his girlfriend. She has no personality and no backstory. She's just a girl with big guns and nice boobs. So good for him, I guess? Also, I had to laugh that even before his "death" he failed at helping Liam and Stiles had to fix it. Derek is The Worst. He's terrible at everything.

Liam is the weakest intro of any major character. We still know NOTHING about him except he has a gay BFF and he's a crabby shithead. Also now he likes Scott (not like that--so far as we know). And....that is it. So, yeah, I don't care about him AT ALL.

I like Parrish and I don't mind him and Lydia together but what was the logic of having Lydia basically off by herself for the whole season? It just seemed like she had no scenes that were integral to the group.

That reminds me: I hate that they just glazed over Alison's death. None of them are dealing with grief or feelings of loss and it makes me nuts. Lydia should be STRUGGLING with her grief. Or at least acknowledge that she's having grief off-screen.

Stiles and Malia were cute but "meh" for me. I don't get what Stiles sees in her beyond her trying to be good/better? She's likable but so what kinda? Everybody on this show is sort of likable (minus Peter). I can't help but think he's bored out of his mind with her. But at least they made it seem like her animalistic style carries them along, sexually at least? It's not shocking that nearly every time he needed to actually talk about something smart they would give him a scene with Lydia.

I have grown quite fond of Kira. She has an interesting backstory and family and emotional center. I dig her.

Also, I feel my age sometimes because Papa Argent and his hunting his sister and feeling the grief/pride for Allison? Killed me dead. He was the character I connected with most this season.

Comment

• Dylan O'Brien: Movie Star!

Playing at 3,604 theaters, The Maze Runner opened to an estimated $32.5 million this weekend. That's nowhere close to Divergent, though it is bigger than Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief ($31.2 million) and Ender's Game ($27 million).

What separates The Maze Runner from those comparisons is its relatively modest budget—it cost just $34 million, or less than half of those movies—and its strong international prospects. Full international details can be found below in the Around-the-World Roundup.

As is always the case with young-adult adaptations, The Maze Runner's success can be attributed in part to the strong fanbase that's developed around author James Dashner's book series. Of course, an existing fanbase couldn't save Beautiful Creatures, The Host, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and many more young-adult flops.

In contrast to those movies, though, The Maze Runner had a marketing campaign that created broad interest outside of diehard "Gladers." Advertisements split time between outlining the movie's premise and showing off its thrilling action; thanks to the action in particular, opening weekend attendance skewed more male (49 percent) than usual for the young-adult genre.

The Maze Runner's audience also skewed much younger (64 percent below 25 years of age), which tends to translate in to steep drops in subsequent weeks. Moviegoers did award it a solid "A-" CinemaScore, which suggests word-of-mouth will be good. If The Maze Runner follows Divergent's pattern, it will wrap up with nearly $90 million.

Regardless of how it holds up, though, 20th Century Fox seems bullish about its franchise potential: they're aggressively moving forward with The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, and announced a September 18th, 2015 release date this morning.

Comment

• Did I tell you guys that I saw The Maze Runner and it was turrible? If it was based closely on the book then I blame the book. Getting out of The Maze is clearly the point. But having the kids not remember anything before the maze means they are not particularly deep characters. They run and feel sad and that's about it. They have no real backstories! So it makes them all stock characters.

And DO'B has it the worst b/c he doesn't even have a story from being in the maze. He shows up, he's "different" but nobody knows why (and we never really know why). And then they (spoiler) escape and there is a COMPLETELY NONSENSICAL explanation. Like it's so bizarre that I just turned to my friend and said: What the fuck just happened? And she said, "I don't even know."

Comment

• Did we know about this? I don't think I knew about this.

Lydia is dating Aidan in real life, yo.

They have been together for months. Here they are at her sister's wedding in March.

And just out and about this year:

I don't know if I could date a twin, but Holland seems to be fine with it.

Comment

• DUDES.

Trying to get excited about all that Davis is saying about S5, but I just can't.

Major spoilers at this link . . . but they come straight from the showrunner, so . . . :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwiesel...n-5#.lnRr8PNgn

ONE OF THE SPOILERS IS MAKING ME MAD/SAD.

Hoechlin isn't going to be a regular, and we will barely see him if at all! They are refocusing on the teenagers and less on the smexy grown-ups! Boooooo!

Comment

• I wasn't going to read it but then I highlighted and YAS! I love that spoiler. I also don't care about Liam or the new baby hottie werewolves AT ALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X