Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones: Dragons, Starks and The North Watch, oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones: Dragons, Starks and The North Watch, oh my!

Sorry if the title is lame . . . if you want something else, I'll edit it.

ET Oh dear. It won't let me edit the title. Ooops, and I made a typo.

isadora?

I'll bring you guys a gift to make up for it. How about all the S3 episode titles?

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/02/se...tles-revealed/
    Last edited by ophy; 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM.

cajun in the What are you watching thread:
    The unspoiled masses will reign fire down on the interwebz when it comes to pass. I'm so excited about this season!
    Oh, NO!
    I haven't read the books yet. I was scared to spoil myself for the show, which is the opposite of what I normally do. This quote scares the crap out of me!

Comment

DO NOT spoil yourself. If you have any questions, we will answer them non-spoilery here. It's going to be a seriously great season!

Comment

I agree. Do NOT spoil yourself. It will ruin it.

Comment

Who has read the books and who hasn't? I'm STUPIDLY excited about this season!
          The books are exactly what I'd enjoy but I refuse to read them until he has finished them because I'm afraid he'll die. No kidding.

Sadly, I managed to spoil myself about the red wedding. *very sad*
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I won't if I can help it. I am completely spoiler-phobic about GoT. I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens this season.

I am completely Team House of Stark. And I would give ANYTHING to beat the crap out of Joffrey.
            I have never hated a fictional character as much as I do him. Its almost irrational.

Comment

The good news is that he's told the exec producers where he wants the story to go, so as long as the TV show remains popular, the story WILL be wrapped up. TBH, I didn't love the 4th and 5th books, you can tell he got overwhelmed with how popular they are and where he wants the story to go. I'm actually MORE looking forward to seeing what they do with the show for those seasons since I felt like the books were very meandering.

The books are structured so that each chapter is told from a different character's POV, so there are multiple threads going on and in books 4, he just DIDN'T include several important storylines which was super frustrating! So I don't even know if I will continue to read them, except that they are pretty involving.

I will also say that any changes they've made on the show so far have been for the better in my opinion and I NEVAH feel that way about book-film/tv adaptations. I am not a fan of Harry Potter movies, for example. But somehow on HBO, they've managed to capture the depth of this world and I LOVE it.

Comment

TBH, I didn't love the 4th and 5th books
                ITA. It was an effort to get through AFFC. It's my least favorite. I initially read them years ago because I flove the fantasy genre. Right before ADWD was released, I re-read them all. I found AFFC more enjoyable the second read-through because I knew what I was in for. That being said, you have to love the mythology and the story to make it though them. I feel GRRM has let the story spin out of control and is not sure how to tie it all together. I have major fangirl love for the first three books, but the last two just kind of meander all over the damn place. It's disheartening. I was pissed when I finished ADWD. I waited years for that damn book to come out and it did not meet my expectations AT ALL. Plus, the ending! WTF? This is basically how I felt.

I have never hated a character more than I hate book!Cersei. I would stomp around the house and rant at my poor husband about it when I was reading the books. I find TV!Cersei to be much more sympathetic. I really think it's a great adaptation of the books. The little scenes they throw in with Littlefinger and Varys or Varys and Tyrion are amazing.

ophy! Thanks for the link to the episode titles. Well, I knew ASOS was being split over two seasons to tell the whole story. Now, I know exactly where they're splitting it. I'm even more excited!

ASOS = A Storm of Swords (book 3)
                AFFC = A Feast for Crows (book 4)
                ADWD = A Dance with Dragons (book 5)
                GRRM = George R.R. Martin

Comment

ophy! Thanks for the link to the episode titles.
                  Even though I don't watch (or read) GOT, I follow a GOT mega fan on twitter because she's also a BNF in the TVD fandom . . . so I will drop in here now and then to post links that she shares. Sounds like y'all would want spoiler tags in here, right?

Comment

Sounds like y'all would want spoiler tags in here, right?
                    I can't speak for anyone else, but YES. I am so careful about GoT spoilers. Half the fun of GoT is you NEVER know whats coming. ANYTHING can, and will, happen.

Comment

I'll definitely spoiler tag everything. I would hate to spoil anyone for the deliciousness ahead.

Comment

I haven't read the books either, but after mr gloop guilted me into watching with him and fell in love I kicked around of reading them, accidentally spoiled myself on what dada mentioned in a book review, and decided I'd rather just ride the rollercoaster that is the show. I regret SO BADLY knowing that spoiler but I can't unlearn it.

I have never hated a character more than I hate book!Cersei. I would stomp around the house and rant at my poor husband about it when I was reading the books. I find TV!Cersei to be much more sympathetic.
                        That makes me doubly glad I didn't read the books because I find Cersei to be such a compelling character. You just WANT to hate her, but then you end up feeling pity for her. She's so afraid all of the time but she can't show any weakness to anyone. I end up defending her to my sister all the time when she's ranting about how evil Cersei is, because as terrible as she is, she's also in such a terrible situation. She really has absolutely NO power over anything in her life, it is all an illusion and that has to be a terrible situation for a strong woman and a mother to be in. I think the only thing she really loves in the whole world is her children, and she has little to no power over what is going to happen to them.

Comment

omg - I read the books a couple years ago. Love the first 3 but the last 2, not so much.
                          And yeah, I'm scared GRRM is going to drop before the last book does.

I haven't seen all of the eps but I find I'm more sympathetic to tvCersei, too. It's awful when I can't consistently hate fictional characters. damn those shades of grey.

Comment

Ok, THIS is quite possibly the coolest. thing. ever. (not a spoiler)- http://kotaku.com/5987435/game-of-th...esome-print-ad

Except for maybe this (also not a spoiler)--http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/02/gam...s-building-ad/

Comment

gloop - today when I saw a pic of JLaw's fall on the stairs at the Oscars I was annoyed by the shadow (in the Oscars thread). I was thinking they should have airbrushed that out but then I had to look again to make sure it wasn't a dragon shadow.
                              obviously, I'm more media saturated than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X