No announcement yet.

The Mindy Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mindy Project may be moving to a very trendy new neighborhood: Hulu. While Fox isnít commenting, Vulture hears the network has decided not to renew Mindy Kalingís critically acclaimed comedy for a fourth season ó a not entirely unexpected decision given the low ratings for both it and lead-in New Girl. But the good news for fans of the show is that online streaming giant Hulu has expressed a serious interest in the show and may be willing to pick up two more seasons of Mindy. (The seasons would most likely be 12 or 13 episodes, as is standard on cable and streaming.)

13 - 26 eps on Hulu to finish it up would be PERFECT. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• STOP TROLLING US.

Total bastard.

Comment

• That's CRUEL.

Comment

• From her book excerpt in the InStyle:
          I will freely admit: My relationship with B.J. Novak is weird as hell. He is not my boyfriend, but he is not exactly my best friend. I guess you could describe our relationship as "a romantically charged camaraderie with loud arguments", but I don't think Facebook would accept this as a new status.
          It's a really good interview but she sounds like kind of a beast to work for tbh. Though I guess what saves it is that she's the hardest worker in the room.

Comment

• And all is right in the world again.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/the-mind...es-1201427617/

Hulu Picks Up ĎThe Mindy Projectí With 26-Episode Order

Damn good reason to never cancel Hulu.

Dance party!

Comment

• YESSSSSSS. I loved all of her little hints and reassurances on Insta this past week. She knew everything was gonna be fine. This is the best thing that's happened all week.

Comment

• WHAT.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2229938

Mindy Kaling & B.J. Novak of 'The Office' will write a book about their romance, for $7.5M

Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novakwill make $7.5 million for penning a book about their off-and-on romance, according to a well-placed publishing industry source.

We’re told the book is likely to include juicy information about “The Office” stars’ “complicated” courtship, which coincided with their roles on the NBC comedy, which ran from 2005-13.

“It’s a crazy price!” our source said. We’re told that lofty amount will be shelled out by a division of Random House. It would rank somewhere between what a heavyweight like Lena Dunhamand a superheavyweight Hillary Clinton might collect.

We’re told the book’s title will likely be announced May 30 at the Javits Center, where the pair are to appear at BookCon. We’re told the formal announcement of the book was supposed to have been “a surprise,” which means this article will be an even bigger one.

Until now, that May 30 event was being billed as a chat about Kaling’s second book of essays, “Why Not Me?” The collection follows up on her 2011 best seller, “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)”[Her “Office” castmate B.J. Novak, above, calls Mindy Kaling a “really complicated person.”] MICHAEL BUCKNER/GETTY IMAGESHer “Office” castmate B.J. Novak, above, calls Mindy Kaling a “really complicated person.”

Kaling soon may have fodder for another book after this is all over. While the collaboration with Novak is to be published by a yet-to-be-named Random House imprint, her essay collection is being put out Sept. 29 by Crown Books — a direct competitor.

There’s a rumor among publishing insiders that Random House could be using Kaling and Novak’s book to launch a new imprint that could appeal to authors with sensibilities and followings similar to those of the two “Office” stars.

Kaling and Novak have been pretty quiet about their relationship until now. Last September, Kaling opened up about things on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM show, saying her co-star had broken her heart a decade ago, when she was only 24. She also confessed she might have married him then.

At about the same time, Novak talked to People magazine about Kaling and their relationship: “A really complicated person and a really complicated friendship, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world,” he said

Maybe not. But both appear ready to rent that relationship for an enormous windfall.
                WHAT.

The article might be a bit mock-y about the money aspect, but I DON'T CARE. This is perfect!

I want this book to be super indepth and thoughtful and layered and kinda crazy beautiful because that's how I picture them in real life.

Comment

• I want this book now. It had better end well..

Comment

• I'm deeply conflicted but will probs read it.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I know that Danny's been SUCH AN ASS and that he has RUINED EVERYTHING and that he and Mindy are not really right for each other right now, but I was totally feeling this scene in the latest ep:

http://mindyproject.tumblr.com/post/151382111210/sseureki-i-need-someone-to-take-care-of-me

Damn you and your perfect face, Castellano.

Comment

Working...
                      X