No announcement yet.

British Mystery: Tea For Two, and Two for MURDER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color me both meh and perplexed. It definitely felt disjointed. I didn't care that much about killing Mary other than SIGH OF COURSE THEY DID, but John Watson being a dirty cheater was so bleak. The whole ep was dreary and not as much fun as I wanted it to be.

Comment

• Sherlock part 2 was so much better and I love, love, love Mrs Hudson. Toby Jones was as great as ever as a Jimmy Savile-type villain.

ETA: Twitter agrees with me

Last edited by Laura; 01-09-2017, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• I only just saw part 1 but unlike everyone here I liked it. I thought it was quick and exciting. On to part 2!
        sigpic

Comment

• This season of Sherlock was mostly preposterous and ridiculous . . . but I was entertained, so I'm cool with all the nonsense stuff.

Gotta give them props for making people kerrrazy about "WHO IS THE SECRET BROTHER SHERRINFORD?" before the season started only to blow the whole thing up. I really was half expecting Hiddleston or Redmayne to show up as the Other Brother and that's due to their management of spoilers and fake spoilers, so good job. I was genuinely surprised by the reveal.

Comment

• I haaaaated the last episode, except for Moriarty getting off the chopper and the Molly scene (OMFG I don't even know how that made me feel yet) and the ending montage-y thing. The Eurus stuff? Was, as you say, nonsense, but I didn't enjoy it. I just found it stupid and implausible and eyeroll-y in the extreme. Bleh.

Comment

• I finally watched episodes 2 and 3 of Sherlock and man what roly said. I haaaaated the last ep so much! I loved the second one though.
              sigpic

Comment

• Witness For The Prosecution was goooood but also troubling. I don't remember the original being quite so dark and there was a tone to it that was kinda un-Christie-like . . . but it was compelling, for sure.

Whenever one of Christie's stories has the strong woman in love with/ and sacrificing everything for a weaker man, I assume it's all really about Archie.

Comment

• Oy, Granchester why are you being sooooo meh this season?
                  sigpic

Comment

• I am quite liking Dickensian. Some of the characters are so over the top and absolutely hilarious.
                    But - I am basing my knowledge of the Cratchit family on the old Alistair Sim movie so I might have the ages of the little Cratchits wrong. The Havisham plotline bores me to tears, while the Barbary one has just gotten interesting.

Comment

• Ordeal By Innocence - so good, so dark, so...completely different plot-wise to the book. Loved it.

Comment

• Oh, interesting! I actually really liked the plot of the book (and the romance) but I could use some changes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X