Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeitghost
    replied
    I get the feeling they messed up with the promo with pushing the Sexy Betsey stuff rather than pushing their leads and it seems to have put some people off.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

Not encouraging:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/02/sleepy-...ings-premiere/

Ratings: Sleepy Hollow Returns to LowsFox’s Sleepy Hollow opened Season 3 and christened its new Thursday time slot with 3.6 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, down sharply from both its Season 2 opener (5.6 mil/2.0) and finale (4.4 mil/1.4), and easily hitting series lows.
    'Series lows' is never a good sign.

Watched the premiere today, and Mison and Beharie have super hawt new hair cuts. I had missed their perfect perfect faces. Also, Ichabod vs Colonial Times Eatery was amusing. But otherwise, meh. Not sure if I'm going to even keep this on my list, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I can't believe Bones is still on the air let alone being used to infuse life into a weird supernatural show.

Leave a comment:

• Iva
    replied
    ooh I just realized this is one half of a solution of a blind item I read (I think) on tvline. Apparently Sleepy Hollow is doing a crossover with Bones. Which sounds wildly inappropriate but I have to give it to Fox for trying to inject more life into Sleepy Hollow because Bones fans follow Bones everywhere (timeslot wise).

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

Sleepy Hollow's (small) fandom is still buzzing over Nikki Reed being cast as Betsy Ross.

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones 28m28 minutes ago
    Congrats to @NikkiReed_I_Am on news of her casting in S3 of #SleepyHollow. The kick ass female quotient is already quite high on the (1/2)

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones 27m27 minutes ago
    Show with the dynamic duo of @NikkiBeharie & @LyndieGreenwood "sew" be sure to bring your A-Game. #PunLando (2/2)

I'm sensing shade! The show doesn't *need* another white girl taking screen time away from Beharie and Lyndie, for reals.

Oh, Orlando . . .

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones 2h
    So I didn't get the part? #Disappointed #BetsLando

The Sleepy Hollow fandom, tiny as it is, is NOT happy about this. It's not so much about Nikki, though, it's more about the role itself.

This article articulates why:

http://io9.com/sleepy-hollow-has-alr...son-1718058580

Sleepy Hollow Has Probably Already Screwed Up Its Third Season

Nikki Reed has been cast as legendary American flag seamstress and former Ichabod Crane love interest Betsy Ross for Sleepy Hollow’s third season, and even made her a regular—proving that Sleepy Hollow has almost certainly learned nothing from its troubled second season.

Genevieve Valentine, who recaps the series for us (while writing DC’s excellent Catwoman comic, among many other projects), laid out exactly why this is such a bummer in this 100% accurate Twitter rant:

I agree totally. Anything, or anyone, that takes focus away from the show’s core strength—the relationship between Abbie and Ichabod—is nothing but a detriment to the story. And after the crushing narrative burden that bringing Ichabod’s wife into the mix caused, I don’t know why they’d add another love interest character for him—nor do I have any reason to hope that Sleepy Hollow will handle Betsy better than Katrina.

Bleh.

(I couldn't cut and past the Twitter 'rant', but basically yeah.)

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Renewed for S3 with a new showrunner!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/slee...ox-1201455538/

I'm a little bit surprised, tbh.

ETA Also, they are moving production from Wilmy to ATL. Which I think is pretty funny, since ATL is the new Wilmy inside my brain in a weird way.
    Last edited by ophy; 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    This is generally not a good sign for any show.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...wrunner-exits/

SLEEPY HOLLOW Showrunner Exits

SLEEPY HOLLOW has lost its showrunner. A source has confirmed that Mark Goffman — who ran the Fox drama for its first two seasons — has exited the series. (SLEEPY HOLLOW has yet to officially be picked up for a third season.) Additionally, Deadline is reporting that Goffman has inked a deal with CBS TV Studios.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Inneresting. Weird of her to go social with this kind of complaint. Isn't that what her agent is for?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I watched all of it, and I wouldn't say she was back-burnered at all. She was in every ep, and in some eps she was in more than Tom, really, It's inexplicable if they purposely left her off the commentary and not him.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I read that they back-burnered her in S2, but I haven't watched any of it.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Whuuuuuuut? They were both on the first season's, according to the interwebz. Why the hell not this one?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    nikkibeharie
    15 hours ago
    When the show ur on doesn't invite you do to DVD commentary...

WTF.

This is NOT okay. I hope Tom speaks up.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    The angel stuff was too Supernatural-wannabe for me. I don't dig weirdness on this show unless it's historical maybe.

Irving's unbaddening and journey to katana-wielding purgatory survivor took wayyyy too long. I was never worried he'd stay evil, so I wish they'd found another way to free him, say, midseason.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I am still watching! I thought the finale was better than 85% of this whole season, to be honest. I was digging the time travel and Katrina killing.

There just hasn't been much to say about this show in S2. It got aggressively mediocre for a long stretch. I did like the ep where Abby and Jenny dealt with their mama, though. And just about anything that Hawley was involved in, and when Ichabod was doing the re-enactment stuff. . . and that was just about it. The angel stuff started out promising, then went nowhere, and everything Henry or Katrina was just sort of blah.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    ophy, are you still watching this mess? Because ding dong! Katrina's dead. Oh, and Henry too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X