The Creek: Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo! Welcome baaaack!

The tenth circle of hell is probably just the one person who votes for the post-Flash Dawson-centric episode.

Comment

• Or the Joey Sings to Her Mugger episode.

So far I think the winners have been reasonable - Beauty Pageant, Castaways and The Longest Day. I DVR'd TLD yesterday and watched it last night. There was an insane amount of arm flapping. Also, Andie still sucks. You were on a date with your Ex-Boyfriend's friend, Pigtails! You shut your hypocritical piehole!
      Last edited by roly; 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Season 3 starts Tuesdayyyy. Just in time for me to be totally over outdoor summer activities.

Comment

• Yet another 'This is why The Creek finale ended with Pacey and Joey together' articles, this time from Berlanti's POV:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/joey-...ons-creek.html

I do take issue with this, obvs:

The relationship between the girl next door and the sarcastic romantic boosted ratings and rallied viewers. When Joey and Pacey sailed off on his boat, True Love, in the third season finale, it predated the shipping wars. Viewers couldnít hashtag reactions on Twitter or create memes to memorialize favorite moments.
          It predated what now?

I hate hate hate that the media narrative of 'DC happened before shipping wars were a thing' has taken hold so firmly. It's a damn lie! We all know it's a damn lie! We didn't need Twitter or Tumblr to fight bloody in the shipping trenches.

Oh, and we didn't make memes? Okay, if you say so. I suppose we didn't write fanfic or create parody websites or make shipper fanvids and gifs either.

MILLENNIALS DIDN'T INVENT SHIPPING ON THE INTERWEBZ, JUST SAYING.

Comment

• OMG THIS MAKES MY HEAD EXPLODE.

Like how fans of Lost "invented" recaps and posting reactions in real time online. I've read that approx 10 times now and I'm like: WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• It double posted my comment for some reason? UGH. Fuck that site.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Are they fucking kidding me?
                sigpic

Comment

• Hulu convinced me to watch S3 (it wasn't a hard sell), but wow I had forgotten how unwatchable Eve is. I'm embarrassed for Beek that he had to play in those scenes.

Comment

• This is simultaneously better than I remembered, but also worse? The Joey/Pacey thing is so very well done and sucking me in all over again, and I had forgotten how much I overidentify with Joey, but wow, all of the other parts are kinda bad. Jen and Grams are trying very hard, and are awesome in and of themselves, but Andie is a freakshow, Jack is so uncomfortable being gay, and the 1990s were weird, man.

I was dying over Weekend in the Country when Joey was so upset over Bessie TAKING OUT A MORTGAGE.

Comment

• Joey is real risk averse where money is concerned. It's for sure a running theme. She didn't understand taking out loans to pay for college. Princess was misguided.

Comment

• Wow, season 4 gets bad fast. After the wonder of "I remember everything" and "I release you", we are stuck with Greasy Dawson and Gretchen, and Pacey/Joey fights that are based on nothing except "We need to break them up".

Comment

• Sex Day was so good, but then we immediately go to Dawson creepily asking Joey about it and Joey lying. Everything about this storyline is making me rageful. I don't know how much further I am going to make it, but I am trying to get to Audrey at least.

I like Gretchen; I don't get her thing for Dawson, but she's kind of awesome.

Comment

• I had forgotten there was an episode after graduation; apparently it was my brain protecting me from the most chemistry-free kiss ever with Dawson and Joey. It was Hellmate-errific, and made me skip right ahead to Castaways. JJ's goatee is not good, and KH is orange-haired and totally overplaying the "banter" but it's still better than Coda.

Comment

• Coda was a horror show of nonsense.

Comment

• The finale makes me annoyed because I hate that Jen dies, and because I think it's ridic for them to have Doug be gay after all that teasing that Pacey did about it. I don't know if I can articulate why that's offensive to me, but it is. I am sure I'm not the first to think so.

The resolution of the triangle was correct of course, but the path to get there was typical nonsense that I would have enjoyed more except for Katie's half-orange hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X