Mad Men: TV for Grown-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Men: TV for Grown-Ups

Talk about here even though there are only like 5 episodes left.
    Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

So one thing I love about Mad Men is all the interesting writing it sparks across the internet. If you're not already reading Mad Style, I am jealous of all the catching up you get to do! I really love what Molly Lambert is doing at Grantland, I feel like she is really taking advantage of the internet to do something different with recaps. And my favorite of all might be Margaret Lyons' episode reactions, which tend to come a few days after and dig a little deeper into the show, rather than a straight recap.

Comment

I think there's eight eps left. Four more in this cycle then the final six next year. AMC loves to do that crap.

Every time I watch an ep, I wish it was still socially acceptable to drink at work!
      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

LOVED this episode. Loved Don's vulnerability. Loved Betty's bitchery and vulnerability.

Loved Peggy's bitchery.
        Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Poor little Bobby! That kid is a good actor. He had that 60s sincerity down pat.

Oh Peggy. So grudgey.

Jon Hamm was so good in this ep. You could just feel the desperation coming off him and getting worse with every tick of that giant wall clock. Then to agree to that crazy set of rules with no hesitation.
          "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

I was like covering my face for Don Draper in that scene. COUNTER OFFER, DON! FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Comment

Report to fuckin' LOU? F that S, Don!

Bobby's guilty gumdrop face. I'm a bad person.

Comment

Don's growing up! *sniff*

It does sort of suck that the one time in his life that he was honest? Cost him everything. But it's all about context, Don. You were, of course, completely wrong to over-share in that context and to never share in every other context. And it's sort of the great tragedy of Don Draper's life that he doesn't know who his friends are, who he can trust, and never really feels loved. *sniff*

That said, I LOVE Peggy and Joan's work chats. They are the best.

Comment

Ginsberg. WHUT?

Comment

The nipple was less shocking to me than Don's three way of love.

Every time I see a Jaguar commercial, I can't help but think YOU KILLED LANE PRICE, YOU BASTARDS!*

(*fictional death, don't sue me)

Comment

But...nipple!

The scenes between Stephanie and Megan were fantastically awkward and one-uppy.

Comment

I like that Ginsberg's crazy behavior was actually leading up to something. He's been cray for a LONG time, remember when he told somebody (maybe it was also Peggy) that he was Superman? (because tragically, he couldn't accept that he had been born in a concentration camp)

I am pissed about this splitting seasons bullshit though. I feel like we're just getting somewhere and it's going to be over.

Comment

Yes, finally getting somewhere only to break!

The family of cast offs at Burger Chef. I like this show much better when Don and Peggy are together.

Comment

PEGGY AND DON 4EVAH/nonsexually.

Comment

No posts after Waterloo? So much to process! I'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                              X