No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been laying low this week - I hurt my back the other day and I'm trying to take it easy.
    So - vegging on the couch! While playing Subway Surfer on my phone I watched/listened to a lot of CNN. Don Lemon's fascination with Rob Ford was mildly amusing. He also had an interesting interview with a black Canadian guy who said he hates being black and wrote an article about it in the Guardian paper. While I don't agree with the interviewee's points I will admit he is right that Canada really doesn't talk about racism much. We're too polite about it and we don't want to admit that it is out there.
    Flipped between the Toronto & Buffalo game - yay! Ted Nolan is back in the NHL, and the Jonestown doc.
    Thought of Is while watching Anthony Bourdain's show - he was going around Detroit. Eating with firemen, at a pop up restaurant, some streetside bbq, urban gardens, etc. The live chat afterwards with his buddies - including Don Lemon - was interesting. Although AB really does have to learn how to ask a question quickly - - dude does go on.

ETA - People don't really talk or deal with racism in Canada. Unless it is the anonymous trolls in the comments section who bitch about "those Indians who get everything handed to them" when we have an Idle No More rally or the latest from New Brunswick.
    Last edited by Res; 11-16-2013, 11:22 PM. Reason: added links

Comment

• I saw that Bourdain episode! Super interesting. What was most shocking to me was how straight-up deserted the city is.

Comment

• I haven't watched it yet. It's on the TiVo.

I did see Bourdain speak at the restaurant show in Chicago this past spring tho.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• We watched both episodes of Almost Human tonight and it's pretty good. It's very much like Fringe even down to the color palette they use with lots of greys and blues and black. The sets even look like they belong on Fringe. And of course it's super grody and sci-fi galore since it's Joel and Bad Robot. I like Karl Urban and Michael Ealy together a lot, but it's taking me some time to enjoy Minka Kelly. She's one of those actresses that I seem to be able to like in only one role and apparently for her it was Lila Garrity. We're definitely keeping it on the schedule for now and it might replace SHIELD for us, actually. We haven't seen the last two episodes of that show and we haven't missed it.

Comment

• Ooh, our DVR recorded just one of the episodes, for some reason, but good to know it's worth seeking out the second.

Comment

• We haven't seen the last two episodes of that show and we haven't missed it.
              The past two episodes (before last night's ep) were the BEST. You should at least watch those before deciding. I feel like SHIELD is starting to really get good. But I will caveat that by saying that I have not wacthed last night's yet.

As for Almost Human, I like Karl Urban . . . but the premise does not appeal, and I have no room on my plate, tbh. I'm drowning in shows right now. I wanted to start Brooklyn 99, but that ain't going to happen. Maybe when it hits N'flix.

Comment

• I will say that the two SHIELD episodes before last night (haven't seen it yet) were the best so far but still? Surprisingly not that great.

I can't even figure out what's gone so horribly wrong with SHIELD. Something about it feels very retro '80s A-Team. They are failing at building the team. Once the team is established it might be more interesting? I don't care about the hacker girl AT ALL. I don't care about the warrior dude AT ALL.

Clearly Joss saw the first few episodes and his notes must have included: YOU GUYS, WTF. FOCUS ON THE NERDS! THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH NEPOTISM AND DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MY DAMN SELF? And so they are trying to right the ship but the extreme lack of charisma for a full 1/3 of the cast is problematic.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Clearly Joss saw the first few episodes and his notes must have included: YOU GUYS, WTF. FOCUS ON THE NERDS! THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH NEPOTISM AND DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MY DAMN SELF?
                  Head canon accepted.

I do love everything FitzSimmons (they come with their own shipper name!) and also Coulson and also Ming-Na Wen just for Ming-Na Wen reasons.

I think I can warm up to the other two over time, though. I did like Ward and Fitz working together, and Simmons and Skye were hilars together. More team-ups like that would be good.

Comment

• I really enjoyed the episode where nerd girl gets sick and has to cure herself, that was the best one I'd seen all season by far. We missed last week and last night we opted to watch Almost Human instead, but I'll catch up over the weekend. It's not that I don't like the show because I do feel engaged while I'm watching, it's just that I expected to love it in the way I love Jossy things and I just don't connect to it like that at all. And I actually like Skye, but yeah, it's all about the nerds for me. I'm thisclose to seeking out smutty fanfic on them tbh. 'Cause when she jumped out of the plane and he FUH-REAKED out in the lab, I FELT that shit.

Comment

• Then you will like the episode after it! They finally figured out the nerds are where it's at.

Comment

• Did anybody watch Lady Gaga and the Muppets? Epic weirdness!!

Comment

• I was too afraid it would scar the children for life, so nope.

That is not what I want their first impression/memories of The Muppets to be.

Comment

• Walking Dead just came in like a wrecking ball. It wre-e-ecked me.

I made the mistake of telling my daughter (mere MINUTES before the episode started) who my favorite character was so of course they died.

But the baby! Omg the baby! Rick and Carl crying over her empty bloody carrier just broke me.
                            Last edited by isadora; 12-01-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

• You should spoiler that shit!

It wouldn't surprise me if the sociopathic girl child ate the baby. But I actually don't believe Judith was eaten so there's that.

I actually think Walking Dead is so endlessly overrated that I'm not even sure why I watch it still. So much of the show is utterly nonsensical! And doesn't even follow its own internal logic. Somehow, they usually have so many walkers along the fence that it's always on the verge of collapse but today--on the day that guy from Fringe rolls in with a TANK (for real?) there are NO walkers at all until somebody fires a weapon? What?

And how would a group of people who barely knew Governor Brian follow him into battle and just start shooting at strangers and taking over a whole prison (with their tank)? Nobody was like: Eh, I just met you and this is crazy so I'm not shooting up any prison, k, baby? Not ONE dissenter?

I LOL'd when the little girl got bit by the slowest biter in history. She sucked. And also I hated the governor and the little girl's entire family so good riddance to them all.

And why were they so focused on the sister and her trauma and inability to fire? It felt as random as most everything else on this crazy show. I guess she alone was the dissenter! She did say the only sane thing: HE JUST KILLED A GUY WITH A SWORD FOR REALS.

I was sad about Hershel because he's the only person who thinks and acts like a human being would in the face of unbearable tragedy. I really find almost everybody else on this show is a complete and utter mystery to me and I've seen every episode.

Last edited by isadora; 12-01-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Sorry!

I actually did originally spoiler tag it, but the board always logs me out when I'm posting (I've even went to google chrome and it still does it) and I lost my post and forgot to spoiler tag it the second time around.

Before the episode I actually thought it was Maggie that was going to be killed, and then when she brought up that it was her and Glenn's anniversary I was positive. I had even spec'd out in my mind how Hershel was going to go through a dark phase after everything he'd had gone through in the last episode from having to physically kill a walker that had been someone he'd cared about, and then finding out about Carol's betrayal and loss to the council. I fully expected the Big Death to be Maggie and for Hershel to go dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X