No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm weird because I've seen FNL in its entirety and I liked it but I didn't love it. Forgive me, and I'm not one who usualy makes gross generalisations like that, but for me it was like too American somehow? Maybe it was the football theme, although I do realize the show was not about football.

I remember the Mexico threesome episodes and they were my favorite. My fave characters were Tami and Matt.

Gloop! You mean to tell me that either Ryan or Esposito are in mortal peril?
    sigpic

Comment

• I finished season 2, and apart from the murder plot and the abrupt ending I really liked it. Riggins' unrequited longing for Lyla, Landry and Tyra, Tami and coach and the baybee.. And that one ep where they introduced BOTH Logan Huntzberger and Weevil was priceless. Though I could have done without Matt and the hot Latina nurse. I understand about feeling too much though; I've already cried several times in s3, not least when they wrapped up the Smash storyline. 'Where you at!'

Comment

• Gloop! You mean to tell me that either Ryan or Esposito are in mortal peril?
        OMG I don't even want to tell you anything about this episode dada. It's going to put you through the wringer. How soon until you can watch it?

One scene in particular reminds me SO MUCH of the of a scene from the 2009 Star Trek movie. If you've seen that movie you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about when you watch the episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by gloopdygleep View Post
          OMG I don't even want to tell you anything about this episode dada. It's going to put you through the wringer. How soon until you can watch it?

One scene in particular reminds me SO MUCH of the of a scene from the 2009 Star Trek movie. If you've seen that movie you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about when you watch the episode.
          I'll try to watch it tonight! OMG.
          sigpic

Comment

• KBell has been so ridiculously funny on Parks and Rec as Ingrid DeForest.

"As Sir Ian Mckellen said to me when I sold my boat to Karl Lagerfeld, 'Parting is such sweet sorrow.'"

Comment

• I'm really enjoying The Good Wife! I'm surprised. I'm at the start of season 3 now.

At first I had no love for Will, then he grew on me during the 2nd season but I am not loving him and Alicia as a couple. I hope that ends soon and I am pretty sure it will. I just hope they won't have a back and forth for the rest of the series. I like it better when he is in love with her but supressing his feelings.

I looooooove Cary. He is my favourite. I also love Kalinda. I wish the show focussed on them all the time. Cary and Kalinda and Eli. With a little bit of Diane.

I don't mind the Peter storylines.

I've tried FNL a few times and I don't get it.
              Bitter Shipper

Comment

• mr.o and I are taking a break on our Angel re-watch to marathon Twin Peaks, which neither of us have ever seen. He likes Lynch more than I do, though. The show is so perfectly 90s . . . the boxy baggy silhouettes, the way big hair, the black panty hose -- so much black pantyhose! I was enjoying the show for that reason alone, but then you know. . . . Dale Cooper. The perfect American male, Dale Cooper. *swoon*

Anyway, I went in thinking this was supposed to be Lynch's over the top artistic take on the American detective show, and then realized by the second episode that it was actually Lynch's over the top artistic take on the American soap opera, which is a completely different thing. The 90s is when I last watched a real soap opera, so it all feels very natural and accurate to me.

Freaky, but good in its way.

We're in the second half of the second season, so Laura Palmer's murder has been solved and put behind us, and David Duchovny is currently being awesome as Denise. He is such a pretty girl!

Comment

• I LOVE TWIN PEAKS SO MUCH.

Dale Cooper is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters and, technically, TP was my first fandom (when fandom was HARD WORK).
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Those of you without the HBO? First two episodes of Girls is on YouTube free from HBO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJt...has_verified=1

For some reason Jessa has turned from anti-social to a straight-up sociopath from what I've seen so far.

Taystee from OITNB is in the first episode.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                      I LOVE TWIN PEAKS SO MUCH.

Dale Cooper is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters and, technically, TP was my first fandom (when fandom was HARD WORK).
                      For a while there I couldn't accept the fact that Kyle Maclachlan hadn't become a mega-star. I wouldn't say I was in fandom (DC was my first one) but I absolutely loved it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I caught the last half of Idol last night and Harry Connick Jr. is bringing joy back into this show. I've watched on and off over the years, but usually as background to whatever else I was doing. Last night, I stopped browsing all together because HCJ was making me laugh. His whole schtick with Keith Urban is really funny and Keith is obviously having way more fun this year now that he's not caught between a Mariah/Minaj slap fight. And even J.Lo seems to understand that the bromance is the main thing this year and lets them have as much fun as they want. I mean, she obvs loves being the girl in the middle of it all, but she's not trying to upstage it either. I'm probably gonna be in for the rest of the season, tbh. Mr. Issie is already afraid of what this will do to me now that football season is over.

Comment

• I'm with you! The dynamic is excellent. And I love how both Urban and J.Lo let crazies down easy with a firm "No, baby."

Comment

• I love her.

Comment

• I watched the PBS special on the Amish, "Shunned," last night. I'm a bit fascinated with the culture because I work very close to Amish country, so buggies are constantly going past my office and I see the people when I'm out at lunch, sometimes doing stuff I think they're not supposed to (like talking on cell phones) and I always wonder how many of them are really sticking to the rules, etc.

Anyway, I found the doc interesting and annoying in some ways. I mean, it is sad to leave your family and community and go out into the scary "normal" world, but the way it was filmed and the music they used seemed to be trying to make it seem like all of these people were completely broken after leaving, which was so not the case. One of the girls ultimately decided to go back (which was probably good, because it seemed like she only left because she hadn't gotten married) but the majority of them looked pretty content with their lives. The weirdest situation was a family that became Amish because they were living in the midst of an Amish area. It was like they kind of did it on a hippie whim and years later, after their oldest son had married an Elder's daughter and was super into being Amish, they decided they didn't dig it anymore and left and they were amazed that their son shunned them. And then *he* left the community because he didn't like the way they were running things but he still doesn't want to talk to his mother because he's pissed at her because he doesn't know what world he belongs in. So now he's like a solo Amish person and his mother spends all her time painting pictures of Amish farms and grumbling that her son's a weirdo. That was pretty sad.

Comment

• Man, The Stories People Tell Themselves About Themselves seems to be an endless theme around me lately.

I know a woman who married a Jewish dude and she never fully converted but committed to raising her kids Jewish (which it turns out is problematic because Being Jewish is All About Your Mom for some reason). So her daughter became super serious about her Judaism and moved to Israel and was mad at her mom for awhile because the mom never properly converted and the Israeli Jewish Boys were all: You are not REALLY Jewish. So she had to convert even though she'd been raised Jewish. It was all very complicated and the girl was mad at her mom and mom was very upset with the daughter for going orthodox and won't eat anything out of the mom's kitchen, etc. It was a kind of a shit show.

But, really, your mom had her own scene before you arrived, people. Be responsible for your own lives is what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X