No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have that on my watchlist for after I finish this season of The Americans. He looks so pretty.

Comment

• I found The Night Manager ridiculous.

Has anyone watched the new Twin Peaks?
      Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I haven't watched it yet. I think I'm afraid.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I enjoyed it but I will keep watching.
          Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I loved the new Twin Peaks! I wasn't expecting to! I just thought it was hilarious and weird and wonderful.

I am also enjoying American Gods (the last two episodes really heated the whole thing up for me).

The Prison Break reboot was fun but not groundbreaking. I'll take Michael Scofield where I can get him, and I'm happy they rewrote that turrrrrrible ending they tacked on last time.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Ooooh, American Gods looks very interesting. I am glad it's good!
              sigpic

Comment

• I was excited about Twin Peaks, but it's on Showtime. Bastards.

Was considering American Gods because of Ricky Whittle, but have to admit that I kinda sorta hated the book so I dunno.

Comment

• Is Neil Gaiman the MOST overrated ever? I sorta think so! I mean, I think the book is sloooooow going and the first three episodes of the show are convoluted af.

I also feel like Neil Gaiman is one of those dude writers that *think* they are super progressive and visionary and stuff but are kinda not? It feels like how a guy would write for women if he thought he was being modern tbh.

ETA: Also, the Laura (dead wife) character is way more fleshed out in the TV series and I feel like fan boys don't like it, and so far her character is my favorite thing about the show (and she's kind of a dick, which I like).

Side note: the casting in American Gods is GENIUS. Seriously the most perfecting casting in recent memory.

Comment

• Oh I am so glad to find someone else who doesn't worship Neil Gaiman. I feel like everything he writes is "Look at how smart and clever I am with this idea". Over and over. I remember when he wrote an episode of Babylon 5 and it was just painful - embarrassing attempts at humor and character voices that were all wrong. And the fanboys and girls ate it up. Ugh.

American Gods was too long and Good Omens I couldn't even finish.

Also I believe he is secretly a horrible person who pretends to be nice.

Comment

• Ohh, why do you believe he's secretly horrible? I need to know!

I think he's great at self-promotion and cultivating his fans. It works for him. But I was super turned off when I saw that there was a kickstarter or something to get him to read the Cheesecake Factory's menu and it made me super uncomfortable. (I just looked it up and it hasn't reached the insane goal of $500k and it wasn't his idea, so bygones kinda.) It just felt a bit of cultural snobbery to me. Perhaps I'm reading into it, but I would have declined that.

Comment

• and Good Omens I couldn't even finish.

I love Good Omens, but I love it for it's Terry Pratchettness, not it's Neil Gaimanosity. I don't dislike all of Gaiman's stuff (I read The Sandman comics in college, and enjoyed Stardust and Neverwhere and Coraline just fine . . was totes bored by The Graveyard Book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and Odd and the Frost Giants, and haaaated American Gods ), but I agree that on the whole his oeuvre is overrated.

Ohh, why do you believe he's secretly horrible? I need to know!

I have no idea if Gaiman is secretly horrible, but I do think it's interesting that his dad was a super high level Scienotologist/friend of L.Ron Hubbard's who was apparently responsible for all kinds of dark shit: http://deirdre.net/an-open-letter-to-neil-gaiman/. So Neil grew up Scieno, and married a Scieno, and gave the church lots of money and all of that, but he says isn't one now. That kind of upbringing probably leaves a mark on the way you approach the world though, you know? But good for him for getting out and leaving it behind. (looking at you Beck and JDoh!)

Comment

• Ohh, why do you believe he's secretly horrible? I need to know!
                          I have no evidence; it's just a FEELING. Factors include the self-promotion, the cageyness about Scientology, his intentionally bad hair, his IMO overrated novels, and what I think is just the overall reek of narcissism.

And now he is releasing a beauty line tied to American Gods.

Comment

• My fave professor from college is interviewing Gaiman soon, so I just hope he isn't a major dick.

Masters of None continues to be my jam. I loved the whole season, but the Thanksgiving episode was outstanding.

Comment

• I just finished The White Queen based on Philippa Gregory's historical fiction novel and I really liked it. But then I started watching The White Princess which is the sequel that tells the next generation's story and they totally changed the cast so I had to figure out who everyone was all over again. That would be ok, but they didn't make it like a stand alone. They pretty much expected the audience to know who all these new people were supposed to be and it got really confusing. Plus, I don't like the cast of Princess as much as the Queen peeps and it's making me not like the show as much. But l still highly rec the Queen part, it was very well done.

I'm also all caught up on Orphan Black and can now watch the last season in real time. It's weird having to wait in between episodes since I watched the last two seasons over the course of about a week.

Comment

• I am loving "This is us" Granted I'm only on the second episode so I may be up for disappointment but so far I actually like every single character so that is a huge plus for me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X