No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Zoe Kravitz could not get enough of DAN HUMPHREY? Like, Fassbender was trying so hard to lock her down, but she was all, "Nope, gonna go get some more Dan Humphrey, thanks!" Life is funny, y'all.

Am I the only one here who woke up at the asscrack of dawn to watch the royal wedding? It was GORG and literally, their story is basically an Emma Chase trashy book. Nitpick: I wasn't into her dress so much. BUT everything else was an actual fairy tale and I was living for all the bewildered side-eye the Brits were giving each other during that pastor's message.

Also? Every single girl in Meghan's age range whose friends did not set them up with a real life prince has actual trash for friends.

Comment

• I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to watch it, but I didn't really catch the whole of it, just glimpses here and there but unlike you I looooved her dress. I did watch the whole Lifetime movie our channel aired right after, though. Priorities!
      sigpic

Comment

• A Givenchy boatneck was very Audrey Hepburn, but it was a tad too simple for me. Maybe because Harry’s outfit was busier than the hers? I watched the PBS/BBC coverage yesterday and then went straight into the Cord & Tish HBO special.

Comment

• You know it's funny/sad/tragic that the entire royal family drowned in a blancmange during the wedding reception and there is only Queen Meghan left, but such is life.

I loved everything, including the dress. Long live the Queen!

Comment

• I love her so much, and I love that he was so clearly overwhelmed with her awesomeness. Sadly she and Harry make Kate and William look like boring suburban parents.

Camilla’s hat was the best. I accept no other opinions on this.

Comment

• the dude they got to play William was like a 45 year old lawyer and Twitter appropriately dragged them for it.
              An old H2O co-star of Phoebe’s.

It was a great wedding and even though the dress was a bit plain, she looked gorgeous and the whole thing was like the culmination of a fairy tale.

Comment

• I LOVED her simple dress. And I loved everything about it. Except the boring parts, which were most of them but that's weddings for you.
                6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Has anybody watched Nanette on Netflix? Holy shit, it's amazing.
                  6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Yes! Her bit about Van Gogh is genius and I could not agree more with it. It's been a long time since my art history college days, but I remember thinking along those lines back then and not being able to articulate my self about it all.

Comment

• I have had time to watch TV!! Obvs, not live, but still!

S1 Jessica Jones was A+, it supposedly veers off track into WTFville in S2, but I will give it a shot.
                      S1-4 of Grace and Frankie is delightful when binged. All 4 of the leads are really great in it and I love Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin together. I'd watch them in just about anything.
                      Chef's Table is my FAVE FAVE. I'm pretty much all in on anything that takes me BTS of stuff, so when you combine that with awesome food, it's basically my crack.
                      Ugly Delicious was one I watched a couple of months ago and it was equally awesome. They did an episode in Houston that introduced me to a bunch of new places.

Also, the new stand up specials for Kamau Bell, Ali Wong, and John Mulaney are all awesome and if you haven't already watched them, get on that.

Comment

• I haven’t been feeling episodic TV lately, so it has been Ugly Delicious and Chef’s Table all the time over here. Oh, and Seinfeld’s show because coffee and donuts. We’ve been trying to coordinate our dinners with the shows like NERDS.

Comment

• I watched the last season of The Americans, which was wonderful, but other than that the only thing I am watching is lots of Star Trek - all of The Next Generation, and now Voyager. I need that hopeful utopian future thing right now.

Comment

• I watched the first season of The Good Place and it's delightful.

I also started Dark Tourist on Netflix and it's better than I would have guessed. Very unexpected and owes a little something to Anthony Bourdain (though the host is an Aussie Millennial who is Very Sensitive and not that dark, so it makes it kinda funny to me because I'm terrible?)

I also watched the first episode of Making It with Nick Offerman and Amy P. Pretty cute, crafty version of Great British Bake-off.

Comment

• THE GOOD PLACE AHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT.

There is NO sophomore slump with this show. The second season is just as amazeballs as the first.

Just like Laa, we've been doing a lot of non-episodics over here. The kids haven't made any friends in the new neighborhood yet (GIANT SIGH) so they are hanging 'round the house this summer more than usual and we are re-watching all of the British Bake Off on Netflix. Also tons of Cutthroat Kitchen and Forged in Fire. Forged in Fire is the British Bake Off of blade smithing!

I've seen over 50 episodes! Ask me how to make a Drop Point Bowie out of canister Damascus. Go ahead. ask me.

This is the ogirl's favorite part of any episode:

. . . but the oboy thinks they should go back to the blue fluid instead, because the fake red blood is 'tacky'. The oboy thinks everything is tacky, though.

On my own, I'm doing a Haven re-watch, because big dumb Duke Crocker with his cardigans and his yoga and his ridiculous hair evolution is my happy place.

Almost done with S5 and then I don't know what I'll do. Maybe a Leverage re-watch?

I also watched the first episode of Making It with Nick Offerman and Amy P. Pretty cute, crafty version of Great British Bake-off.

I'm allergic to crafting but I love Amy and Nick, so Imma try this!

Comment

• Forged in Fire looks hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X