No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iíve only seen the Netflix Fyre doc and the caterer lady made me cry! Then the internet contributed to her GoFundMe and I cried again. But can someone tell me why that dude wanted his ticket scam FILMED?

Donít think I can do ďYou.Ē I canít be reminded of the last 1/4 of Gossip Girl.

Comment

• I am just watched both Fyre documentries and I think watching Netflix and then Hulu gives a good picture of the whole situation. I think he wanted stuff filmed because he just seemed to LOVE being the center of attention and though he was somebody. It is crazy to me how no one stepped up and said this festival was a fraud. I mean so many people could have said something and backed the lone guy trying to shut it down.

I also watched on Netflix that Abducted in Plain Sight, all I can say is WOW! I honestly can not understand who that situation got as far as it did. I was a child in the 70's and I know my family NEVER would have put up with or even allowed a fraction of the crap that guy did. It really amazed me that this guy was able to manipulate these people so badly.

Comment

• I also can not watch You. Dan Humphrey w/ a Chuck Bass streak of lady abuse is not my idea of a fun time and beyond that, I'm just tired of watching, reading, and listening to stories where women are tortured or murdered. The fact that there are a bunch of sad girls on Twitter who think DanChuck is hot makes die inside a little.

Comment

• Abducted in Plain Sight was BANANAS. I need to talk to Jan's therapist because I'm having a hard time forgiving her parents and would like to understand what steps I need to take to heal as she seemed to have done.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I agree Abducted in Plain Sight was Bananas! Jan must have had a GREAT therapist to have been able to forgive her parents.

Comment

• Will Abducted In Plain Sight make me ragey? I'm making an effort to avoid ragey media these days.

We started watching Sex Education last night and it's really good. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the kids are all fantastic and Gillian Anderson is perfect. Also, the girl who plays Maeve is basically a baby Margot Robbie and I need to see them play sisters in something immediately. And Maeve is an underrated, underused name. It's great, short, and so super pretty, but I rarely hear it.

Comment

• We finished Sex Ed and it was awesome. I don't think I need to see the show's proposed OTP together because they seem better off as friends, but if it happens, I'm good with it. I basically just want Maeve to live happily ever after doing whatever she wants with her smart self.

I also watched the 2nd season of Friends From College and it's pretty much exactly like the 1st. The friends are all horrible assholes and I still don't understand why they hang out so much when they don't even seem to like one another and none of them have that much in common anymore. There was supposed to be a year long gap between the end of the S1 and the beginning of S2, but there's really no sense of estrangement between them. I think my main frustration with the show is that these people are all supposed to be around my age (late 30s, maybe 40), but literally everyone is a hot mess and no one seems willing to take accountability for the dumpster fire lives they all lead. And this is supposed to be a group of high achievers! There isn't a single character that is likable. I don't even know if it's going to be renewed for a S3, but I'm tapping out. It's a hate watch and there's enough good TV now that I don't have to do that anymore.

Comment

• RUSSIAN DOLL OMB.

I would run away with Natasha Lyonne in a heartbeat if she asked me to. This was my favorite thing that I have watched in a very long time. All women directors/writers, etc!

Comment

• I really want to watch this.I loved he trailer. I'm glad it's so good!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I finally got around to watching Abducted In Plain Sight and I was horrified by Jan's parents. The handy in the car with her dad and her abductor was SO. WTF and then they just moved on to explaining other shit and I was still like, "EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!???" And every time her mom talked about her affair with the dude, she got this dreamy look on her face like she'd still be down for that d today. When she expressed her surprise about the second abduction, my face must have been a weird combo of ????!!!!!!? Her parents were the creepiest combo of 70s swingers who were secretly freaky af and deeply naive church folk who only use the medical terms for people's private parts.

Comment

• I feel like Abducted in Plain Sight was a bad documentary about an insane story? Like a better documentarian could have taken you on a journey and this one just wanted to take you on a ride.

IT WAS A RIDE. But I spent every third minute leaning in and I even had to rewind a couple of times because they breeze past the CRAZIEST THING YOU HAVE EVER HEARD and then don't really revisit it or expand upon it? LOL. It's NUTS. I kinda want to watch it again tho.
                        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Russian Doll was perfect in every way. I binged it during a snowstorm and I think I got up off the couch like three times during the whole thing.

Comment

• I binged all of Grace and Frankie and now I am trying to talk my neighbor into buying a beach house in California. She is resisting. Love the girls but Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston pretending to be gay is so very bad.

Now I am hooked on Good Girls, so I feel like I am mostly interested in things where the female relationships are the point of the show.

Comment

• I love Grace and Frankie with the fluffiest of hearts and while I am absolutely in it for Jane and Lily, the husbands are adorable to me too. And if you have no other takers on that LaJoya beach life, hit me up in like 20 years when I'm done raising these kids and I will gladly join you! G&F and The Good Place are the 2 shows I wish would film nonstop until the end of time.

Comment

• Like Vanessa, I love the girls but Martin Sheen as Robert is particularly unbelievable to me, I find Iím always waiting for his scenes to be over and to get back to the women.

Comment

Working...
                                X