No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished S2 of Imposters and I still think it's fun. My main problem with it is that the lead girl isn't a very good actress and everyone else around her is significantly better. She's supposed to be a Mary Sue since her whole thing is that she's irresistible and gets everyone to fall in love with her in order to pull off her cons, but she's kind of a simpering nothing with a whiny voice and no ability to emote. And she doesn't have great chemistry with anyone because she's so flat. The three lovers that she's duped actually have way better chemistry with each other and the show is a lot more fun when the focus is on them rather on her. The set up for S3 is good, but I don't know if anyone is going to pick it up. It got cancelled by Bravo, but I'm hoping it comes back somehow.

Comment

• I'm 3 episodes into Dead to Me and really enjoy it so far. Applegate is perfectly cast as a widow who is barely holding it together and who is so full of rage that you expect her to go on her own killing spree at any second. And I usually don't enjoy Cardellini that much in anything, but she's good in this. The show has a Desperate Housewives feel and has similar twists and surprises, but since it's bingeable and has a way shorter season, it feels like the story is tighter and better.

Comment

• Ooh, I love Applegate! Will have to try.

If Single Parents doesnít get renewed, Iím going to watch the first season over and over again as self-care like a tremendous weirdo.

Comment

• I loved Dead to Me! Some of the twists were waay over the top but whatever. Applegate shines in this. Cardelini has the more thankless role I think. The neighbor's interests at the end were lol and I always enjoy mother in laws from hell.
          sigpic

Comment

• I have managed to avoid Outlander until now, but Netflix just put up the first 2 seasons and I made the mistake of starting it. Dirty hot boys are not usually my thing, but Sam Heughan is also Scottish with a very Scottishy accent which I feel is UNFAIR when it is combined with that earnest face. I've never read these books and don't plan to, but Starz also has a special where it's 5 bucks for the next 3 months or something, so OBVS I'm gonna watch the other 2 seasons now. One thing that keeps throwing me off is that Cat Balfe looks almost exactly like Anna Torv and I keep having to remind myself that it's not a Fringe alternate universe.

Comment

• I have been avoiding Outlander because Ron Moore pissed me off so much in BSG , but Scottish accents are a thing so maybe I should try it.

Comment

• So, has anyone seen When They See Us?
                sigpic

Comment

• I finished Trinkets in two nights. Klepto high school girls who become friends through their support group. I mean, it's like it was made just for me. Loved it, obviously.

Comment

• Iím watching A Discovery of Witches on BBC. Itís like Twilight but absolutely nothing like Twilight.

Comment

• Chernobyl is like a punch in the stomach. I watched the first and third episodes through my fingers but I can't stop.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I watched When They See Us. Itís a hard watch but very worthwhile, infuriating and moving.

Comment

• I still have not had the right mood for When They See Us. I just don't want to cry and feel impotent rage right now and I'm even less inclined to watch something this heavy after S4 of VMars. I did watch Clique which was super entertaining. It's a British thriller about college kids who are interns at a super glam tech company. There's some silly WTFness that happens, but mostly, the twists and turns are fun.

I also finished Elite a couple of weeks ago and that was silly fun too. It was Spanish GG + murder mystery. I'd put it off for awhile because I like playing games on my phone while I binge watch stuff and you have to read subtitles for this one unless you want to watch the weirdly dubbed version (do not recommend this option). But it was worth it! The second season comes out in September so I don't have to wait very long and everything is still fresh.

We're live watching Euphoria and man, there are a lot of literal dicks on this show. Druggie Zendaya is a bit of a stretch, but she's not bad in this. It does make me want to keep my kids away from the internet forever though. I also live watched BLL2 and it was...ok? It just felt like the girls all wanted to keep working together, but there wasn't much plot to work through. Other than the courtroom scene in the finale, I was mostly bored. That payoff was really good and Nicole vs. Meryl was legit the acting superbowl. Laura Dern's character Renata had the line of the year for me though and I mean, like from any show, when she screamed "I WILL NOT NOT BE RICH!!!!!" with 100% conviction. It was amazing.

Comment

• How truly awful the first ep of Mindy Kaling's 4 Weddings And A Funeral (on Hulu) was hurts my heart because I sincerely wanted to love it but how happy I am the the second season of Derry Girls (on Netflix) is finally available makes things a bit better.

(but really, 4 weddings is just bad, y'all. They just took four characters with zero chemistry and tried to pass them off as longterm friends and yet it feels like they hardly know each other, and that's just fundamentally a mistake. Nothing felt actually real, but it wasn't quite frothy enough to make that unrealness a selling point. Also, it was not funny.)

Comment

• I canceled Hulu in the wake of the VMars scandal. Heh. Also, I barely watch it so I got my $6 back and bought myself some limes to make more margaritas.
                              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Derry Girls and Gameface have kept me sane these past few months. Season 2 of DG is just as good a season 1 and I canít wait for season 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X