No announcement yet.

The Affair: Bearded Pacey at 35...On a Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only seen the first 7 episodes of this show and OMG IT IS SO BORING. JFC.

The J FINALLY has more screen time and it's helping.

I DETEST Noah and in the five seconds after Cole finds out he's a better man than Noah in the whole series? Like he makes sure she doesn't ruin her dress by sitting on the sidewalk and I was like: Don't mind me, I'll be over here melting. Noah never did anything that nice to his wife OR his mistress.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yay for Maura and her Golden Globe win - definitely one of the best things about the show this season:

The best scene though (for me) in the whole series was this one ---- (spoilers, obvs):

Comment

• Ok, so here's the deal. I love The Affair, or at least the initial concept. It mirrors one was my favorite books of all time -The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell. This notion that narrative shapes an experience with what one knows, doesn't know, the meanings implied and even some manipulation are narrative devices I've always been attracted to. Durrell did a brilliant job, much more so than some modern attempts to pull this off.

My issue a lot of the time is with Noah. And it's not that he's a cheater. It's more that he's a writer - his narrative always felt insincere to me. This is something Sarah Treem initially discussed - that women might have trouble with his perspective. I think this might be true but not necessarily exactly how she meant it.

Then again McNulty also starred in this amazing Ben Whishaw show called The Hour. It's one of my favorites. This is why I can't ever be on the dislike wagon for him even though he's clearly bit of an odd fit for his role.

Helen has been the most interesting part of the show as of late, especially with everything that season 2 revealed. It's a very good cast so even though season 2 had some serious stumbles I'm way on board for the 3rd season and will check in here occasionally

Comment

• So did anyone else watch the season premiere early? I do not want to spoil it but wondering what people thought?

Comment

• I just finished the premiere yesterday. What was that?

Some weird meta commentary on Noah, from Noah's perspective with some shoddy new mystery attached to it... I mean just double down on the fact he's an a*s no way we can get to a sympathetic place when it comes to a guy who hit on his own daughter in a hot tub... And honestly I'm in it for the other 3 characters

Comment

• Yeah I watched the second episode that was released on the Showtime App and it would have been a much better premiere. All the story lines are updated and it provides a set up for this season. The all Noah episode would have been better as a second episode. Also agree that Noah, while well played by Dominic West, is just not that interesting as least not as interesting as the creators seem to think. I much more enjoy the Montauk setting and kinda wish the show was about the town and its characters. It still could have integrated the Solloways into as summer people who upset the balance etc.

I also did not enjoy that yet another woman is supposedly ready to throw herself at Noah-I know that it is from his point of view but c'mon. I hope we get the French Professors perspective on what really happened at the dinner.

Still love Helen and Maura Tierney though. And Noah's sister was great.

Comment

• I really don't think I can watch any more Noah.

Comment

• Honestly I end up fast forwarding a lot of Noah stuff-I like the rest of the show enough to deal with him. I am hoping Max makes a return this year but do not think so. JJ did cause a bit of stir on social media with a post he did that implied he was done with the show-he went back and edited it after I think the Showtime and some other people in charge got wind of it. I think the actors etc all think this will be it as it was designed as a three season show but I think they all signed six year contracts. I have to say if it doesn't end and he leaves or Cole is written off I do not know if Maura alone is enough to keep me watching. I like Alison more than Noah but also find her perpetual victim hood as she sees it a bit much, but still find her interesting enough to not give up on her totally.

Comment

• There are some good gifs in this recap of the last episode, if anyone's interested:

http://decider.com/2016/12/12/the-affair-recap-s3-ep4/

it's Cole-centric. I don't bother with other stuff anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X