The 100: Who Run The World? Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 100: Who Run The World? Girls

I don't know that this thread will see a whole bunch of activity (until the rest of you get on board the The 100 train, because YES), but I don't want to co-opt the general tv thread for my the 100 feels.

Mostly having to do with Bellamy's knightly-ness in regards to Clarke, of course . . .

But also SO MANY OTHER THINGS.

Like Lexa and Clarke:

And Raven's everything:

And just how badass all the women are on this show and how much they fucking rock all the time.

Anyway! I did not read the scene before Bellamy is taken for the harvest like this at all:

But looking back, now I totes do. I thought Lincoln just didn't have any choice because they were so outnumbered, but now I remember that the actual plan was to start killing people right then regardless . . . not to go along with the harvest selection. So that explains the look Bellamy gave Lincoln, a look of fear . . . and maybe forgiveness?

That makes the whole scene much more poignant. Ah, poor Lincoln.

I might need to start following all of them on insta. But! It's just so weird to see them so clean and happy:

Last edited by ophy; 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM.

I LOVE The 100! Definitely follow the cast, crew, and writers on social media. They always live tweet and share fun BTS photos/info. Eliza Taylor also makes hilarious vines and insta videos. I don't think her vine is linked to her twitter, but here it is https://vine.co/u/924566294324453376

Look how adorable she is!

Comment

I might try this! Probably during summer, though.
      sigpic

Comment

I think you'd really like it, dada. It surprised me how much I do.

It's a VERY feminist show. If you see a male character in charge of something in S1, you pretty much know a female character will be ousting him by S2 and that he will be soon giving her all his respect and following her lead.

The women are indisputably the alphas driving the story.

The character journeys are intense, the body count is high, the stakes are enormous ALL THE TIME. And you do get used to everyone being caked in mud and blood after awhile.

Comment

I didn't read that scene as Lincoln betraying Bellamy either. It still doesn't quite seem right to me.

Comment

Yeah, but Rothenberg is to The 100 what Julie Plec is to TVD, so that's what they apparently intended. I guess editing/directing is to blame if it didn't come across that way (and I agree that it didn't for me at first).

I can't even deal with everything Bellamy has gone through in Mount Weather right now. The look on his face when he saw the Lovejoy label on the kid's backpack KILLED ME DEAD. And how great has Maya become? I didn't have high hopes for that character, but she was awesome. Just as good as any of our kids at expressing what needs to be expressed with no words, too.

Comment

I really think that the girl in the cage that helped Bellemy strangle the guy is Lexa's girlfriend that she thinks is dead!!

I wish Jennchum watched this show. She would LOVE it and the black bar would be driving her crazy right now.

Comment

Jason Rothenberg
                Verified account‏@JRothenberg
                TVTonight's episode of #THE100 is gonna leave a mark. Those who survive will never be the same. If you can't watch live, stay off Twitter.

OH NOES.

What do we think? Lincoln is doomed? I like Lincoln, but he's just about the only character I'm willing to sacrifice right now. Maya is also a possibility, and that would surprisingly bum me out after last week's ep.

Comment

Last night was so stressful! The writers never take the easy way out and I love the show for it. Raven and Clarke were the bright spark in all the chaos and disaster. I'm not much of a romantic shipper (TVD ruined shipping for me tbh). But their supportive working relationship/friendship is wonderful to watch. This hug was everything!

Comment

Oh, it was constant tension all the way through last night, but that hug made me teary. They are really doubling down on letting Clarke become hard and unlikable, so it was even more meaningful that Raven saw right through that.

I am losing interest in Abby now that she's on the ground. I get why she is important and all that, but if her only role is going to be The One That Nags At Clarke And Gets In The Way, no thanks. But conversely, I am much more invested in Murphy these days.

And I'm shipping this:

Even if she did take him hostage and almost slit his throat. Or especially because she did, I guess.

Comment

Last night's episode made me mad at Clarke. She just blindly followed Lexa's lead without thinking anything through. There had to be SOME way to get everyone to leave the meeting like screaming "ACID FOG! RUN!" or something that wouldn't have gotten everyone killed.

Comment

On the edge of my seat throughout all of this week's ep. Clarke having to deal with the aftermath of their decision, and Abby's face, and Kane and Abby and Kane basically saying, "Dude, she learned all this from us, duh" and acknowledging that the Ark wasn't some place of enlightenment and civility without hard choices and brutality was key for Abby's understanding of her daughter, I think.

And holy shit, the Mt. Weather resistance and Maya's dad and dead mom and all of that! And you just know that everyone in Mt. Weather is going to have to die, even the resistance folks that are hiding the 47 (46 now?) because this war will destroy their only route to survival by taking away their blood supply. (and that's assuming that Clarke and Lexa don't just kill them all regardless, thereby infuriating Bellamy and Jasper and alienating them from the rest of the Sky People.)

This show! They manage to pack in a ridic amount of character growth into each episode without sacrificing plot momentum. I'm trying to think of another current show that is able to do that . . . well, there's not one that I watch, anyway.

Next week!

SQUEEE.

I know they don't have any real time for romance, but HOW GOOD would a totes doomed Clarke/Lexa ship be right now? Commanders In Love! I would be so on board . . . right up until they kill Lexa off because Clarke doesn't get to have nice things and everyone she loves has to die.

Comment

Ep summaries:

Episode 2.14 - Bodyguard of Lies

SOME LIKE IT HOT While preparing for battle, Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and Lexa (guest star Alycia Debnam Carey) have a heated discussion. Desperate for help, Raven (Lindsey Morgan) has Wick (guest star Steve Talley) summoned to the engineering room. Jaha (Isaiah Washington) and Murphy (guest star Richard Harmon) encounter a perilous roadblock. Meanwhile, at Mount Weather, Bellamy (Bob Morley) is in a race against time. Marie Avgeropoulos also stars.

Episode 2.15 - Blood Must Have Blood Part 1

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and Lexa (guest star Alycia Debnam Carey) prepare for battle, while Raven (Lindsey Morgan) and Wick (guest star Steve Talley) experience a major setback. Meanwhile, Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) and Lincoln (Ricky Whittle) are each forced to make a difficult decision. At Mount Weather, Jasper (Devon Bostick) and Maya (guest star Eve Harlow) witness a horrible act, Bellamy (Bob Morley) follows through on a promise and Cage (guest star Johnny Whitworth) goes public with powerful information. Paige Turco, Isaiah Washington, Henry Ian Cusick and Chris Larkin also star.

Episode 2.16 - Blood Must Have Blood Part 2

PART TWO OF THE EPIC SEASON FINALE The journey to the City of Light continues, and Jaha (Isaiah Washington) makes a move that shocks Murphy (guest star Richard Harmon). Clarke (Eliza Taylor) receives help from an unexpected source, a visitor surprises Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos), and Lincoln (Ricky Whittle) gets his revenge. Meanwhile, at Mount Weather, Cage (guest star Johnny Whitworth) moves forward with his mission and Bellamy (Bob Morley) and the group struggle to break free. Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusick, Lindsey Morgan and Christopher Larkin also star.

I didn't know we only had three eps left! Holy beek.

Comment

Wow. Just dipped a toe into The 100 fandom, and it's a war out there right now.

I don't get it? I can't see getting heated up over ships on a show like this, where ships are so not the priority. But also, like everyone dies? So you can't get super invested anyway.

Comment

I watched the promo and I didn't see a Clexa kiss in there! Is that really happening or is that a manip?

This show is getting SO GOOD (only 3 more episodes? NONO!) which is why I can't believe it's just the 3 of us watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X