X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ophy
    Stalking FanForum Since 2001
    • Nov 2003

iZombie: Stop, I'm Already Dead

Loving this show, and it's doing pretty decent in the ratings (for The CW, anyway) and might get renewed, so let's give it it's own thread.

I don't know who my fave is (maybe Ravi?) because I like everybody except for the roommate so far, but I'm definitely on board LivWell (Liv/Lowell). It looks like Rob agrees that Lowell could be the Logan of this show.

Will Castle leave fans hanging from a cliff? Will Once Upon a Time‘s Hook be able to scale Emma’s new walls? Is The Flash starting to feel the Vibe? Is Big Bang in fact heading for a wedding? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows. We know Hollander’s Woods is […]

• gloopdygleep
    Is probably considering a coup. Isadora is a bitch, anyway!
    • Oct 2012

Unfortunately my life has recently gotten in the way of my teevee watching so I haven't seen the last few episodes and have no idea who Lowell is.

I plan to rectify this soon so I'm gonna go all old school FF and say "THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!" . And also "First!"

Are the kids still doing that?

Comment

• LaaLaa
      isadora will give up this site before I do.
      • Oct 2003

I got Mr. Laa to marathon with me and now he's also hooked on crimesolving undead.

Rose McIver was on Conan the other day and I did not know she was from NZ! Her Amdrican accent is pretty outstanding.

Comment

• zeitghost
        A proud member of Isadora's army.
        • Dec 2013

I want to watch this mainly because Mr Sark is on it but I'm going to have to find a stream as its not on Sky I don't think. It's now the 4th ranked show on the CW after overtaking TVD. It still hasn't been renewed for next season though so not sure why not at the moment considering its ratings are higher than those already renewed.

Comment

• ophy
          • Nov 2003

Because of the Netflix deal! The CW's older shows are grandfathered in on a special clause, so the more eps The CW makes of those specific shows, the more Netflix has to pay them. The new shows are not guaranteed to be bought by Netflix, so there is much less of a financial incentive to renew them. Netflix is the only thing keeping The CW alive right now.

Waiting for y'all to catch up to Lowell, because Lowell is kinda dreamy. The 'gay date' he and Liv had in the last ep was outstanding funtimes.

He's currently my favorite undead teevee boyfriend.

I can't believe I ever doubted Rob would bring us someone Logan-y. I'm a little terrified that we will find out he is working with Blaine, because of course he is.

Comment

• dada_teacher
            Remembers when diesel used to post here.
            • Jan 2013

Arthur! I may have to watch this. Those gifs are precious.
            sigpic

Comment

• ophy
              • Nov 2003

This show is so much fun, dude! You have to watch it, for reals.

Comment

• zeitghost
                • Dec 2013

I am just about to start the second episode. Lots of good lines in the first including "Cagney and Pasty" (damn this is taking me away from my GoT catchup)

Comment

• gloopdygleep
                  • Oct 2012

I'm caught up and I'm not really feeling the Lowell thing. He's adorable and all but it's kind of happening too easily between them? I'm sure something will happen to change that, but for now there's just no zing to their zombie love.

The "Ebony and Ivory" line in the last episode caught me off guard and made me snort-laugh soda out my nose.

Comment

• zeitghost
                    • Dec 2013

Yeah I'm caught up now too - didn't realise there were so few episodes. I like her crazy doc friend and Lowell is quite cute but yep it feels like it's too easy.

Comment

• zeitghost
                      • Dec 2013

No idea why they still haven't renewed this as it again got 1.9 million viewers and an 0.7 rating (way more than stuff already renewed such as TVD and reign). I haven't watched last nights episode yet though.

Comment

• gloopdygleep
                        • Oct 2012

I feel like Lowell is Piz.

Comment

• zeitghost
                          • Dec 2013

They've renewed iZombie for a second season now

Comment

• ophy
                            • Nov 2003

Yep, as people have been punning online, the renewal was a 'no brainer'.

The renewal was fully expected as the offbeat comic book adaptation was well received by critics and is well liked creatively by the network’s brass, who like the chance to be in business with Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas and believe in the breakout potential of star Rose McIver. While not a ratings powerhouse of the magnitude of freshman comic hit The Flash, iZombie has done a decent job in that department and sealed its renewal chances by holding up well when its lead-in, the aforementioned Flash, went into a repeat.

If the VMars kickstarter hadn't drawn so much attention and hadn't been seen as so sucessful, The CW might not have been so keen to stay in the Rob Thomas business -- but this looks like a good move for them. They have been trying to attract more 'names' as creators/showrunners for Fall 2015. All of their pilots currently under consideration are produced by well known showrunners.

I feel like Lowell is Piz.
                            I don't think Lowell is Piz. I think Lowell is Chris Lowell. (Which is fine by me).

But I also think the only reason why it's been 'easy' is because it's about to get super hard when she realizes Lowell is working with Blaine (which I assume he is).

Comment

• ophy
                              • Nov 2003

Oh, yay.

I hope there will be many more VMars-y guest stars.

Comment

Working...