No announcement yet.

I'm Gonna Leave You Anyway: You're the Worst, ophy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAIT WHAT. I didn't know that stee is Stephen Falk. I AM SO CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS. Everything always comes back to the Creek.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I am shocked that anyone on this site wouldnít have known that; it feels like core fandom knowledge. Also, Stee was always way funnier than Pamie, IMO. The unsubstantiated internet rumor that I heard and call TRU ENUF is that Pamie ditched Stee because he drank too much when they were married but he has since gotten his act together.

I love grownup kickass Gretchen, but I donít want the thesis to be what Breezy believes even though she is probably right. I would like it to be the case that grownup kickass Gretchen and some better grownup versions of Jimmy are MFEO!!!

Comment

Is, I didnít know either! But Iím really great at blocking things out. I remember names and I do remember liking Pamieís site at some point, but I donít remember any of her dramz! I tried to look it up and I got a Data Lounge board that gave Stee props for being successful but doesnít like that heís a feminist? Either way, Youíre The Worst is my favorite product of any of the TWoP anyones, and itís not even just because most everyone else ended up being terrible human beings.

Comment

Yes, this is the pinnacle of Post-Twop creative efforts thus far.

I think I just never cared about Pamie or Stee or any of them? I disliked Sars and Wing over time because they acted like they had the HARDEST jobs in the world AND THEY DID IT FOR FREEEEEEEEEE or whatever. And Miss Alli? BLECH, she turned out to be a tedious lying liar who lied. So, basically, the mods were not my faves and I never sought to endear myself to any of them even if I enjoyed some of their recaps.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

pamie and stee are both doing really well! She wrote Ralph Breaks The Internet, and was also one of the writers on Moana.

Weirdly, she gets left off the Notable Alumni section of TWOP's wikipedia page, and he doesn't:

Notable alumni

During its height and after its closure, TWoP was a jumping-off point for writers about television and popular culture. The sites' founders started a new website, Previously.tv, that provided a similar style of recapping and forums, as well as writing for various media outlets. Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks, co-founders of Go Fug Yourself, met while recapping for TWoP. Linda Holmes, host of the NPR podcast Pop Culture Happy Hour and editor of NPR's pop culture and entertainment blog (formerly known as Monkey See), got her writing start with recaps of The Amazing Race. Stephen Falk recapped several reality TV shows at TWoP as he was transiting from movie screenwriting to television, and since has become a producer for several television shows, including Orange is the New Black and Weeds, along with being the creator, writer and showrunner of You're the Worst.

Glory Girl Writer* is there, but no mention of Sars or Wing!

* am i remembering this one right or do I have it all wrong again

Comment

Youíre right - Glory, Girl Writer was Miss Alli aka Linda Holmes aka Horrible Person.

I found the whole crowd tiresome; I just have slotted into my memory gossip about some of them.

Comment

Yeah, maybe pamie took herself off the Wiki page.

Comment

As someone who consumes a fair share of NPR product, avoiding Linda Holmes is kinda difficult but I manage it. She grates me like gruyere.

Comment

OMG, The Bachelor/ette Party Sunday Funday episode was AMAZING.

Comment

It was fantastic. it did make me develop a theory that the whole sad storyline is a fakeout ala the Sunday Funday fakeout.

As was the last episode: I am so into Lindsey being the wedding they are going to, and she is marrying some woman.

Comment

I sorta think they will break up because he'll freak out or she'll crash with depression and call it. But then re-meet in the future and start over. They're totally hellmates.

Also, I was CRYING over the cuckhold jokes in the bus. OMG.

Comment

I love this season so much.

Comment

Working...
                          X