No announcement yet.

Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I saw him win! mr.o had just turned the tv on, and I saw the last shot, and then saw him jumping up into the stands to hug his family. I wondered if he was the guy you were talking about.

Cute! And, um, young! Very, very, young. But you know that.

Comment

• I love Rafa, though I must admit I have suddenly started to find Roger quite attractive. I have no idea why this is. He just seems so nice.
      <---- ageing

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy

Cute! And, um, young! Very, very, young. But you know that.
        Well, 21 last weekend! Old enough.

originally posted by soccergirl

I love Rafa, though I must admit I have suddenly started to find Roger quite attractive. I have no idea why this is. He just seems so nice.
        <---- ageing
        I find him in no way attractive. At his post match press conference he was asked in what ways he thought Nadal had improved this year and he said he didn't think he'd improved.

But I'm a total fangirl, so I have no objectivity. Roger is the enemy.
        Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I just took that to mean that as Rafa'd beaten him last year too, he didn't need to improve on clay. But on further thought, you may well be right, and Rog is a smirking Swiss mind-gamer.
          I'm just hoping Rafa can get his game up for Wimbledon, so that we can have an epic duel in the final (that is, if Tiger Tim doesn't kill 'em all).

Comment

• Originally posted by soccergirl
            I just took that to mean that as Rafa'd beaten him last year too, he didn't need to improve on clay. But on further thought, you may well be right, and Rog is a smirking Swiss mind-gamer.
            He's an ass.

Originally posted by soccergirl
            I'm just hoping Rafa can get his game up for Wimbledon, so that we can have an epic duel in the final (that is, if Tiger Tim doesn't kill 'em all).
            @ Tim. I watched him getting rolled out of Queen's the other night. What a loser.
            Bitter Shipper

Comment

• You're completely over the edge, Linda! Come back here where it's safe.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Tell me about it! I've racked up 1200 posts at 2 tennis message boards since April!!

**shamed**
                Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Have you seen the Roland Garros karaoke? Apparently France 3 had a daily karaoke spot during the French Open, and most of the top players had a go at making arses of themselves, including Rog (a supremely crap 'Simply the Best') and Rafa (an endearing version of 'La bamba').

Warning: contains Justine Henin 'rocking out' Top 10 Here
                  Last edited by soccergirl; 06-15-2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Um, of course I've seen it. I *might* have La Bamba saved in a special "Good Rafa" folder on my computer.
                    Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Jeebus Linda: Your nerves must be rattled. Though I suppose the fact that he's had 7 rain delays means that he's appeared on your TV for 5 straight days, effectively.

I hate to think what the J-bot's been eating/wearing these last few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginni
                        Jeebus Linda: Your nerves must be rattled. Though I suppose the fact that he's had 7 rain delays means that he's appeared on your TV for 5 straight days, effectively.

I hate to think what the J-bot's been eating/wearing these last few days.
                        Luckily for J-Bot we've been at my mum's house since Saturday And, yes, my nerves are totally shot. My gran has been horrified by my swearing at the TV and she and my sister both upset me by saying Nadal was "Ugly, Henman is better looking" (sister) and "He has a pug nose - he's not handsome." (gran)

I am now in panic overdrive that the Men's Final won't be played till Monday. I leave for Italy on Monday!!

Stupid rain!

edited to add: I am not expecting Nadal to make the final, but just in case ....
                        Bitter Shipper

Comment

• This Wimbledon is an embarrassment of riches for me: Rafa, Ferrero, Djokovic. Now if only there was some play and Greg fucking Rusedski would piss off.

Comment

• Nadal is first out on the Graveyard court tomorrow. I guess the Wimbledon officials weren't too impresed with his scheduling criticisms.

I had a crush on Ferrero about 5/6 years ago, but then I noticed that the little boy (he was 6 at the time) who lives across the street from me looked just like him. Kinda put me off.

I don't like Djokovic.

Rusedski is awful. Worse as a commentator than as a player - I didn't think it was possible.
                            Bitter Shipper

Comment

• Get in Rafa! Mental! I can't believe rain is interrupting what is shaping up to be a classic between R.Fed (or 'the man from Switerzland' as Boris Becker insists on calling him) and Ferrero.

Comment

• Poor Linda.

But I do agree: Rafa is fugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X