Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <---- bitter

What an ass Rafa is! He'll never have a better chance than that. I don't understand why I'm so disappointed when I didn't even expect him to reach the final. He was so sad at the end. I thought I might cry. But he should have been sad, because he had that match. ASS.

Ginni -
    Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I'm gutted since Rafa should have taken it: those break points! But it was a classic - some of the tennis was unbelievable, from both of them. Fed was so good that it was only when he slipped on his "special" Wimbledon slacks for the presentation that a glimmer of hatred flickered for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by soccergirl
        I'm gutted since Rafa should have taken it: those break points! But it was a classic - some of the tennis was unbelievable, from both of them. Fed was so good that it was only when he slipped on his "special" Wimbledon slacks for the presentation that a glimmer of hatred flickered for me.
        Did you notice he put them on backwards? My hate flickered when he started his BS about Hawkeye and then made a snide comment to poor Rafa.
        Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I was surprised that Federer didn't speedily apply a fifth gold star transfer to his kitbag before he received the trophy. Poor Rafa - he can be very proud of his rippling self.
          I was grateful that I'd drunk enough wine during the final to fall asleep and miss Jamie Murray's triumph. A British champion! Gah.

Comment

• This is the first time in ages I haven't watched much of the Championships. But I managed to tune in time to watch Venus win the last couple of games.
            In all honesty I never liked her much. Sure she's quite athletic and amazing to watch but I just never liked her on a personal level - she just seemed so arrogant. But when she won - the way she reacted and her speech thanking Billie Jean King and previous womens champs was quite nice. So now I kinda like her - but still won't go out of my way to watch her. Which, you know, is kind of strange considering how much she wins.

Comment

• She's got nothing on her sister in the arrogance stakes. I quite like both of them. I get a bit tired of all the respect BS they have going on the ATP tour. Especially when so much of it goes in one trousered direction.
              Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I went to see David Beckham play tonight!

And 5 minutes in, I realized there wasn't enough beer in the world to change the fact that Beckham or not, it was still soccer. And still boring to my American self.

Funniest part though was every time he touched the ball, you would hear the women in the crowd do this collective squeal.

Hey, I had to find something to entertain me and distract me from the fact that I was at a soccer game.

*stifles yawn*

Comment

• Soccer's great. Much better than that whole baseball thing. At least there's something happening for most of the time you're there.

I think it's a culture thing, definitely.

I'm pretty stunned that he was playing last night, considering he was playing for England on Wednesday night in London. That's not bad going - even for his highly pampered first class arse.

ETA: Story I heard about Vicky wanting to buy Madonna's pad in LA. Madonna changed her mind but didn't want to take it off the market and go through the whole embarassing hoopla explaining why. So she upped the price by $10M. Which Vicky also agreed to pay. She then had to take it off the market by saying that she was keeping it because of the granny-flat for her old man - wanted to do right by him, etc. Which Vicky then said 'He can come visit however often he likes', before Madge told her to fuck off and hung up on her.

The bit about that story that just blows my mind is that she's SO FUCKING RICH, that adding 10M to a house price doesn't even give her pause for thought. And her husband doesn't put his foot down about it either. What the hell is going on in that house? Jeez.
                  Last edited by Ginni; 08-24-2007, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Snick - I find I'm really enjoying the MLS season. Toronto's team is in its first year and I got season tickets. Of course, being a Toronto team they're doing shite.

The crowds are a lot of fun - we're a rowdy bunch - - for Canadians, anyway. It's not as exciting as playoff hockey. But then - what I pay for 2 season tickets is about the same as what I'd pay for so-so seats at a Leafs game against another Original Six team. And yeah - much better than baseball. And a lot quicker too - in and out in under 2 hours. Hell, I spend more time in the car tying to get out of the parking lot, it seems.

Becks didn't play when LA was up here earlier in the month. He claimed his ankle was still giving him trouble but most people think it is because he didn't want to play on the artificial turf. He's spouted off how bad it is compared to real grass (which is a non-issue in our climate) but apparently didn't remember that his soccer schools have the artificial turf.

Ginni - why didn't Madonna want to sell to Posh?
                    Last edited by Res; 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• He played because it was the Galaxy's arch rival, and the biggest game of the year for them. I think he felt guilty that he took all this money and hasn't really played much because of injuries and whatnot.

But yes, I was impressed he played. And he played the entire game, and got into a fight to boot. Which was the most entertaining part of the entire game! Especially since, aside from it still being just soccer, the Galaxy suck hard.

I think it's definitely a cultural thing. I'd take an American football game any day of the week. Which reminds me that it's only one more week until the USC season opener! *twirls*

Comment

• Currently, my favorite sport is when mr.o swings the ophykid high and uses her legs to hit a ball. If we get a little bro or sis someday (and if I grow another foot taller) we could have a real game going. It's like human scale foosball!

Comment

• Football post ...

Unbelievable Scotland! (They beat France 1-0, in Paris!!, and now top their Euro Championship Qualie group)

Now watch them find a way to blow it
                          Bitter Shipper

Comment

• What a goal! Fantastic result. Would love to see you deny the Tallies qualification.

Comment

• I think we're more likely to knock out the French.

And way to go England! Getting beat 36-0 by SA in the Rugby? Holy crap, what a shocker!!

Comment

• LINDA!!!

You must be SO excited! Rafa's finally done it. What a game. 4 championship points before he finally did it.

Hate Fed's clothing line. Two initials does not really a brand name make, fella.

Comment

Working...
                                X