No announcement yet.

Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is EXCELLENT advice. I will follow it precisely.

Also-

"I knew early on that my ice dance career would only be with Charlie.”– Meryl Davis.

Why don't they love each other!?!?!?!?! I don't understand WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Comment

• She's probably so in love with him but he's a player so she goes on with her life but there's a "what if" always in the back of her mind. (Just like Leo and Kate)
      sigpic

Comment

• Sex trafficking in Sochi!

http://www.ryot.org/ex-nfl-cheerlead...lympics/583389

Brittany Cason has been trying to become a star since she was a child. Her lengthy resume includes NFL cheerleader, TV host, and radio personality — but even someone as seasoned as her almost fell victim to a fake broadcasting contract that would have made her a sex slave.

When she was contacted by a man from a talent agency to cover the Sochi Olympics, Cason didn’t think anything suspicious. It seemed like a great career opportunity — isn’t everyone networking online these days?
        But when the talent acquisitions agent asked for some of Cason’s girlfriends to join her at the last minute, she knew something sinister was going on.
        In a personal essay posted on XO Jane, Cason said, “I spent four months applying and interviewing and he’s sending my friend a work visa without even seeing her work? Now, my friend is really talented, but… [it] just seemed fishy to me.”

Cason, along with another reporter who was chosen for the same gig, decided to contact the LA production company that had supposedly hired them — it turned out the company didn’t.
        Luckily, Cason noticed the warning signs and pursued the matter further. It turns out this isn’t the first time a sex trafficker has posed as a talent scout.
        According to the FBI, sex trafficking is the third-largest criminal enterprise in the world. Russia has been ranked as a Tier 3 country, which means it’s a place that hasn’t done much to combat sex traffickers.
        The Olympics provided the perfect opportunity for shady people to engage in one of the globe’s largest crime rings.

Cason’s cautionary tale reminds us to remain vigilante when applying for any job, but it also reminds us of just how widespread an issue sex trafficking is.
        Well, that's terrifying.

Comment

• Is this where we talk about how BAMFy Meryl Davis is on DWTS? Because she is SUH GUD. And she flirts like crazy with Max who is like the resident slut and I think this is his first season back after taking several seasons off. I bet they lured him in with the promise of a real chance to beat Derek and he couldn't say no. Wevs, it's my head canon anyway. AND! Bonus gossip fun: Erin Andrews is now one of the hosts of the show. She was on several seasons ago, was partnered with Max, and they dated for awhile after her time on the show. So she has to pretend to be happy smiley on camera while backstage she's probably pulling Meryl aside like, "Gurl, you don't want that, I PROMISE."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkGnl3JWck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ9PwV9XByU

Comment

• Damnit, do not make me watch this! Can you just do a clip show every week like The Soup?

Comment

• Charlie White is putting up a fight:

http://youtu.be/GVRvDkdNqQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3scY451IM

I have to say I'm not a fan of Sharna's choreography so far. Hope it gets better.

Comment

• I knew he was full of it. He's totally competing in the 2016 Olympics.

Comment

• Midnight in Dubai. Hedonists abandon dance floor to congregate around lone TV in quiet bar to watch Brazil v. Croatia match.

It's eerie the way they all drifted in here. Viva le Futbol?!

Comment

• So my team is going to the playoffs for the first time since I was a one-year-old, Mr. Laa watched the game at our couple friends' place, they have a baby and I have a cold, so I'm at home celebrating with Mr. Laa's whiskey. Weeee.

Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-26-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. One of the longest, weirdest, greatest baseball games I've ever seen in my fucking liiiiife.

(frolics through this thread alone)

Comment

• Ahem. WORLD SERIES, BITCHES! 'Kay, bye.

Comment

• I'm rooting for your team, Laa! I was kinda hoping for an all Missouri WS, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. But then teams have had meltdowns when they're up 3-1. Ahem, Yankees. It's still possible.

Either way, I fully expect Missouri to be floating above the rest of the U.S. on some sort of beer river by the time the WS ends. Don't disappoint, you guys.

Comment

• Appreciate that, yo! It's such a powerfully nostalgic thing already, baseball is, but it's 10x that after decades of loving what has been mediocre at best. Grown-ass people crying! I LOVE IT. Our two states are have become a giddy bro/hippie lovefest explosion of high-fives (...and hand sanitizer).

I think the Cards are a great team, but their fans are shit-talkers supreme and we're too dazed to even acknowledge it.

Comment

• Well, the Goliaths won. But it was close, we still won our league championship in a spectacular fashion and broke alllll the records, and America was rooting for us. Sigh.

Comment

• No game will break your heart as much as baseball. It was a good showing, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X