No announcement yet.

Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaguely related: I saw a little boy in a Kobe Bryant jersey the other day and was intrigued. I really wanted to strike up a conversation with his mom about it, but you know, people get sensitive about stuff like that!
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

He hasn't been convicted yet, Neo!

My sport of choice is gymnastics.

Comment

I know he hasn't, it just made me wonder since the little boy was so young. His mother must have dressed him, which made me wonder if it was a show of support.

My dad was a special guest at a big Tyson fight in the early 90s (he got to hang with Sinatra! Hee.) and he brought me back a shirt, but I could never wear it because, well, it had a big picture of Mike Tyson on it! After his alledged rape not long after, the shirt went to Goodwill. Too bad there was no eBay back then.
        "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

I know that football has some issues, but the competitive balance that they maintain has IMO made them the real "America's Game" that MLB used to be. It's just shocking how much smarter the NFL is about their business than the other leagues.

From the fan perspective, it's awesome to have an owner that cares about winning (maybe a little too much-hee!) and makes the necessary moves to give us the best opportunity each year.
          Yes, exactly. My team is owned by a pretty-boy millionaire/idiot who doesn't have any clue about how to run a team. The only chance for teams in markets like this is to build through the farm system, and ours has been getting worse every year that he's owned the team. It''s just infuriating to have all these people say we have the most beautiful park in all of baseball only to have crap to watch in it.

<--Has baseball-related issues.

I'm apparently the baseball opposite of Snick, since I am suspicious of Bonds but like him anyway, and hate Sosa and therefore cut him no slack at all. He (Sosa) just seems so fake to me that I cannot stand listening to him or seeing him. Blech.

I really hope I'll get to see Clemens pitch when the Astros come here. I think he's a whiny bitch, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to see one of the best pitchers evah. I'm excited and I don't even live in Houston, so I can only imagine how cool that must be for ya'll.

Comment

I love that Maddux is back with the Cubs. (Yay Cubs!) I also think it's funny how honest they are about how they're paying for it. Charge those people on the Waveland Avenue rooftops! Heh.

Comment

Kobe's jerseys are still among the top selling in the NBA, so it doesn't surprise me at all. And we still put the snicklet in her Kobe jersey. I just don't think about it one way or the other. I'd be really surprised if he is guilty (doesn't mean he isn't, just that I'd be really surprised).

As a Yankee fan, I never really cared much for Clemmons. Must be the whole Red Sox thing. But Houston can have him, he's clearly not the pitcher he once was and probably should have retired when he had the chance. I think Pettite is a much bigger loss, but I can totally understand wanting to play near home.

Comment

I love to watch sports but, unfortunately for this thread, not American team sports. Far too stoppy-starty. My favourites are (real) football and tennis.

This weekend Scotland are going to get royally fucked by England in the rugby. Rangers are doing craptacularly his season, and Andre looks like he is playing his farewell season on the tour. Not a good sports year for me so far.
                Bitter Shipper

Comment

Le sigh. I have such ugly, ugly stories about Kobe that I can't even watch him play without my skin crawling. Before the rape accusation, it used to bug my tits that people thought he was such a nice, young gentleman when I know what kind of asshat skeeze he is.

One of my good friends from college is the daughter of an NBA coach and she went to high school with Kobe. They were really good friends and remained so even after he joined the NBA. He used to tell her all the nasty stuff he did with the road skanks and she'd be so disgusted. After he got married, he pretty much cut all ties with her w/o any explanation, but she always figured that Vanessa put the kibosh on their friendship. And my friend knew before anybody that Kobe was Cheater McCheaterson from day one. I don't know that he's ever been faihful to Vanessa, and what's worse is that I'd bet my bank account that Vanessa doesn't really care as long as she can shop as much as she wants.

Comment

See, I'm one of those that thought Kobe was a sweet young guy. I'd never heard anything about him being a skeeze at all. I was just really impressed with him whenever I saw him interviewed, particularly since he was so young.

Just goes to show.

And in agreement with Linda, Scotland are going to be royally humped today. I reckon by at least 32 points.

Comment

Who wants to talk about ice skating?

Comment

The boy and I actually saw part of the England-Scotland match on TV at this fish and chips place we went to for dinner last night. Of course, he knew the outcome because he'd been doing some racing game earlier in the day on XBox Live and he regularly races with two guys from Scotland. Boy almost incurred the wrath of an English guy at a neighboring table by telling me about the match.

Comment

The thing is, the vast majority of NBA players are hard-core cheaters. It has to do with the fact that wherever they go on the road, there are literally crowds of women throwing themselves at their feet. Our friend has a funny story of talking with a woman at a bar when a lesser-known Laker walked in. Within 5 seconds she had left (along with about 10 other woman) were hanging all over him. It doesn't excuse it by any means, but cheating and rape are completely different animals.

Totally unsubstantiated gossip- Kobe only married Vanessa because her parenths threatened to charge him with statutory rape if he didn't.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard that gossip, too. I don't really believe it, but I do think there's some other reason than love as to why he married her straight out of high school and why she got pregnant so fast. I hate accusing other women of trying to trap men with babies, but in Vanessa's case, it's just too obvious. From everything I've heard about her, she's not exactly the maternal type and I can't help but think that she had that baby to secure herself a nice big chunk of child support should she ever choose to leave.

And I totally don't think that just because he's a cheating, lying bastard that it automatically means he raped that woman. I think the evidence that's been leaked so far is shady at best so I'm still waiting for more to come out about it.

As far as his cheating is concerned, certainly he's not the only one, but the person he is in the stories I've heard about is so incongruous to the image he portrays that I can't help but roll my eyes whenever I hear that he's such a nice, young man. Also, I've specifically heard stories about him and while he's probably not the worst offender, I don't have anyone else's skank banging tales to judge them by, you know? But to be fair, I would have felt the same way if I'd heard about any of say, Grant Hill's or Penny Hardaway's sexcapades.

But DUDE. Kobe? Is freak NASTAY!

Comment

I think maybe with the Kobe thing, it's a case of her getting more than she bargained for. Like, maybe she wanted some sexin', but he got all freaky and anal on her ass when she just wanted some standard groupie sex. Sort-of like with the Tyson case---from what I've heard, she went up there intending to have sex, but then he literally tore her up and got very violent.

I'm totally not excusing their actions though, this is all just speculation based on gossip.

Comment

IMO the celebrity is always guilty. They're just awful people with no boundaries and too many entitlements.
                                It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X