No announcement yet.

Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isadora. They all cheat, they all lie about their age and they all do coke.

Comment

And they all have plastic surgery.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

*curses bastard Rangers GM whose "rebuilding" plans seem to involve trading away all the players the fans still actually like*

Comment

I bought tickets to a bunch of baseball games yesterday. Yay for the season starting soon! I even got tickets to see the Mariners and will think of Laura the whole time I'm watching my team get its ass kicked.

Comment

We had the Grand Prix in town this weekend. I'm not a fan. Firstly, that bloody noise of the cars and the obligatory big military plane fly overs. I live quite close to the lake where it's held and so it's constant to the point where you just have to leave the house. However, once you do leave the house you're faced with the kerrazy formula 1 fans who've convered en masse on the city. Scary. I need to remind myself to leave town next year and go to Sydney for the Mardi Gras.

Comment

Don't do that, you'll get wet. In the middle of the biggest drought in history (or something) but every year it rains on Mardi Gras parade night. Very annoying.

Actually, we should plan a gay parade every night and the drought would be broken whilst having lots of fun.

Comment

What the hell was Bertuzzi thinking?

Moore looked pretty bad going down put the pile up on top of him didn't help either.
                Last edited by Res; 03-09-2004, 08:33 PM.

Comment

That shit was fucked up, yo. I'm all for fighting on the ice because it seems to lead to less violent behavior off (and because it's cool), but that's just ridiculous. At the least, his ass had better be finished for the season.

Comment

I guess this could go in the relationship thread but, it sorta fits here too. UT lost today in the NCAA tournament and the boy is so ANNOYING now! Like, I get that they're your team, but get over it. I'll be the first to admit that I am every team's #1 fair-weather fan, but I just don't get the point of investing so much emotion into sports when everyone, but the champion has to eat it sooner or later. And even if your team is the victor, their glory is not yours or mine. I mean, I get a little disappointed when I hear that the local teams lose big games, too, but to be all mopey and drama queenish like the boy is right now? I've never been able to relate.

Comment

F1: The US Grand Prix is held here, and things generally tend to be non-crazy unless you're downtown or out on the west side, near the track. (The Indy 500 is another story--I just try to leave town altogether!) The Boy and I went to the race last year with some friends and had a great time despite the crappy weather. He's a big F1 fan--he actually flew out to Colorado earlier in the month so he could watch the Australian race on TV with his best friend. Plans are already underway for the USGP this year, which is in June. I will no doubt come out sunburned within an inch of my life.

NCAA: Woe, oh woe. Illinois lost to Duke. Damn Duke. Damn Illinois for not being able to make three-pointers. The Boy is still in denial over Indiana's sucking this year and not making any tournaments.

Comment

Happy Opening Day, everyone! I'm enjoying my team not being in last place (for what is probably going to be the last time this year).

Comment

Jays have a 3 game series with the Tigers. Gee, wonder which team is going to suck more.

Raptors are out of the running in the NBA - big surprise.

But the Leafs are up against the Sens in the first round. I'm only excited because we can tease the Ottawa crews. Detroit's my fave.
                          Last edited by Res; 04-05-2004, 03:22 PM.

Comment

It really sucks when the Devils and the Flyers play each other because I hate them both so damn much. However, living in Jersey and seeing the stupid bumper stickers every day has made my Devils hatred super-strong by now, so I'll grudgingly support the Flyers, provided that they lose in the second round.

Go Leafs/Leetch!

Comment

Team Canada beat Team USA at the Women's Hockey Championships.
                              Go Hayley!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know anything about golf? The Mr's birthday is coming up next week and he wants a new driver. And I'm clueless about what makes a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X