No announcement yet.

Boys in tight pants and other sports stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have played golf (not many times and not very well) and have only a little advice on clubs, but I will say that picking out a golf club for somebody else that you haven't golfed much with seems a little risky (of course he can always trade it in for another, so the real risk is low I guess). There are a million different varieties and everybody has their own thing about how they play and what they feel comfortable with and the entire thing of golf is mental.

Callaway makes some clubs that guys like cause they help you to hit far, but some of them are "banned" and so some snotty courses won't let you use them. Tiger has a contract with Nike, but the scuttlebutt is that their drivers aren't as good. Also, Titanium seems to be the hip material to make a driver out of.
    Last edited by vanessa; 04-07-2004, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I did this present! Whee! I did much research calling the Olympic Club and several other golf places/stores/clubs with good solid reputations. I ended up with a little chart of clubs and bought the one with the most votes. The guys almost always said you can't go wrong with a Big Bertha or a TaylorMade (500 series XD = extra distance or TP = Tour Preferred) as a gift but admitted there was a lot of personal preference to it in general.
      Last edited by Sarah; 04-07-2004, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks ladies! Sarah, you totally confirmed what I had heard from other sources.

**off to find local golf store**

Comment

At work I was watching the Wings game when one of the sports guys asked if he could flip it over to the Raptors game. Apparently the Raptors had to win tonight or they had no chance to make the playoffs. It was actually an interesting few minutes - - too bad they didn't win.
          And the whole time I was watching the game I was wondering why they never had Pacey wear an Indiana Pacers or Pace University sweatshirt on DC .

<--- revels in lameness. hee

Comment

Damn. The Wings got knocked out last night and the Leafs just lost to the Flyers. Jeez. The only Canadian team left is Calgary.
            At least Cheechoo is still in the running.

Comment

Randy Johnson. He's awesome.

Last night I was at the ballpark waiting for a game to be rained out and they showed some random game from 1991 on Jumbotron. No idea why they showed that game, but people who say Barry Bonds' face has gotten chubby and that's how you know he's on the juice weren't paying attention in 1991 cause his cheeks were already pretty chipmunky even then.
              Last edited by vanessa; 05-19-2004, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Randy does indeed rock the house.

The Mariners, on the other hand, sold the house, moved away and decided to let the rest of baseball play without them. But at least my Dan Wilson is doing well.

*sigh*

Mariner fans are getting good at finding the silver lining even though the season so far is just one all-encompassing cloud.

Comment

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

[Translation: The Flyers beat Tampa Bay tonight, forcing a Game 7.]

I hate those smug, orange, cheesteak eating bastards.

Comment

Hey- I'm a Rangers fan living in Flyers territory. Think of how I feel.

Comment

I'm a Rangers fan living in Devils territory and I went to college in Flyersland. I *know* how you feel. Hee.

Comment

Again- I feel your pain- I went to college in Capitals country. But I must ask- is there really such thing as Devils territory? This is the team that held their Stanley Cup parade in the Meadowlands parking lot.

Comment

This is the team that held their Stanley Cup parade in the Meadowlands parking lot.
                          Yeah, they don't really like being reminded about that. Or about how no matter how successful they are, they still can't sell out their arena most games. Or about how their style of play has completely destroyed the NHL because it's so fucking boring. Devils fans are generally a surly, badly coiffed, acid-wash-jeans-wearing sort. They may not have a proper "territory," but they're spread out and they're annoyingly vocal about players like their precious goon Scott Stevens, who specializes in ending promising careers because he's bitter about not possessing actual talent. *hates*

Comment

Apparently if you do not root for Calgary then you aren't a true Canadian. FTS - I want TB to win. No special reason - I'm just tired of Iginla being treated as the next Great One. I wasn't too crazy about the first GO either.

My nephew's wife plays soccer in some local league. I finally got a chance to watch a game when I was in CA. Damn they are a competitive bunch - she took a ball to the face but kept playing.
                            Also, while in CA I got in my first golf game of the year. During the 9 holes I hit two into sand traps, one into the water and had another roll back down a path. Overall it was a great game 'cause the beer cart came around twice.

Comment

Or about how their style of play has completely destroyed the NHL because it's so fucking boring.
                              I've seen more than one sportswriter/broadcaster saying they were especially thrilled with this year's finals since neither team is big on that stupid trap system. I have to say, that style of play really helped to kill my interest in the game. I used to be into hockey, but I can't remember the last time I watched a game on TV, and I'm certainly not spending that much money to go to the Igloo to see it.

Comment

Tonight I will attend the first ever meeting between the Pirates and the Mariners. I'll think of Laura the whole time, when I'm not busy rolling my eyes at how bad my team is.

Comment

Working...
                                X