Our Four-Legged BFFs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Four-Legged BFFs

I can't believe we don't have a dedicated pet thread for me to make an important announcement:

I'm getting a puppy! *cartwheels*

It'll be a French bulldog, hopefully black like this one:

but I lurve cream ones too:

I declared to Kermie that I wanted a dog for my birthday and he's delivering! We're making arrangements to go pick it up from the breeder on my birthday. Whee!

I've got like five billion books and reading-up on crate training and stuff. Any recommendations for a new puppy mommy to be? I'm taking "puppy-FMLA" to pick up the pooch and bond.

I'm going puppy supply shopping this weekend. Whee! I've got all items more or less picked out in my head (we've been hitting various pet stores around the area to scope out for the last two weekends).

I have the "real" collars picked out but I'll have to wait until he/she is full grown before I purchase since I don't know exactly what size to get:

So excited!!!
    It's all about me and my precious.

OMG! That cream puppy is adorable!

And the Coach collar? Bwah! You crack my shit up.

Congrats PigMommy!
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

We pick up the puppy tomorrow morning!

*cartwheels*

Comment

So which colour pup did you finish up with?

I had a *really* weird experience while walking the dog last week. We were walking down a fire trail that I often go to, but only in the colder months (as I'm scared shitless of snakes). Running beside the trail is a big water pipeline. I met a man walking his Rottweiler-cross and we started walking together. Just as we passed a particular part of the pipeline he turned around and asked if I ever got a bad feeling around that area, like I was being watched intensely. He said he always got that feeling there and that it was really awful but he knew nobody was in the bush staring at him. (If they were it's too sparse to hide well without being seen.) It bugged him until he went and looked up some archives and found out that years and years ago a man murdered two girls in the bush right there. By this point in the story shivers were running up and down my spine and my eyes were watering like there was no tomorrow. He realised he'd scared me with the spooky story and apologised, but why it freaked me so much was that it was the *exact* same part of the pipeline that the dog often goes over to and jumps up on a small concrete pylon then wants to jump over the pipe (which is far too high for her). So then I go and sit on the pylon with her for a little while - and I don't know why. Neither of us need a rest, the fire trail only runs for about a kilometre. I just wish he'd pointed out a different part of the bloody pipeline and I wouldn't have been freaked!

Now, I don't ever know if I believe in this sort of stuff but the explanation I now like to give myself (hee!) is that he gets bad vibes because he's male, whereas I'm drawn to the spot and don't feel any animosity because I'm female (and don't pose a threat?). My other explanation is that he happened to be Aboriginal and, honestly, they are so in tune with that kind of stuff (ancestry, the land, etc), that he would feel it and me, being the tighty-whitey, wouldn't.

I could theorise until I'm blue in the face to make myself feel better but now I'm so freaked that I'm not sure I'll ever take that walk again! Out of a kilometre of pipeline why does the damn dog pick that particular spot?!

Comment

Dude. That is a creepy story.

We picked out the brindle one (black with tan striping/spots). She is sooooo cute. We've named her Lulu Belle. We just call her Lulu most of the time.

I think she is adjusting well to life in her new home. She has, of course, peed and pooped on the carpet but not on anything important. She hasn't attacked the new furniture...yet.

She likes her crate and after two nights she's been sleeping through the night. However, I'm so paranoid that I've been waking up at every little sound. Kermie on the other hand slept like a dead thing all weekend. This does not bode well for when we have a baby.
          Last edited by piggay; 10-03-2005, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Picture from the car ride home from the breeder:
            Attached Files

Comment

Dude, that puppy is SO absurdly cute! I can't stand it!
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

She's going to have the bestest life ever.

deux, that's really weird and I'd be creeped out enough to find another route.

Comment

Lulu is very cute, pig. Which stands to reason, seeing how she's yours an' all.

Deux: I'm not sure which bit creeps me out more - the story or the weird dude telling it. *shudder*

Comment

Deux: I'm not sure which bit creeps me out more - the story or the weird dude telling it. *shudder*
                    Yeah, I few people have told me I was a flipping idiot!

<-- wonders if Lulu Belle is causing sleep deprivation for piggay

Comment

Lulu caused much sleep deprivation, but she is now generally sleeping through the night. *sigh* She is, however, still peeing where she should not. Argh. She still tries to chew everything, but I've been reasonably successful at diverting her attention to appropriate chew toys.

It's hard being a single mom yo. Kermie's still on the road during the week so PigMommy has to do it all by herself! It's frustrating at times, but so worth it.

She was a pirate for Halloween. Look how cute she is!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I can't even deal with the cuteness. I'm, like, weak from it. Hee.

<-- wishes she had a dog.

Comment

I think that was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

OMG! CUTENESS!

Comment

Hee! Even the teensy weensy puppy-sized Nylabone is cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X